: Wrecked and Totaled 2005 CTS-V :(

ryand
02-06-13, 12:54 PM
Its been a while since I posted here....I traded my V off in 2011 and still miss it. A few days ago I stumbled on a service contract I had on the car and punched the VIN into Google and couldnt believe that it ended up in a auction yard in Arkansas after someone apparently decided to apparently jump a curb or something else stupid. I was able to save the photos from the site.

Posted some photos on my blog. Here is the link

http://ryandethrow.blogspot.com/2013/02/wrecked-cts-v_6.html

Even though I dont own it anymore...it really makes me sad!

thebigjimsho
02-06-13, 01:29 PM
I'd be devestated, myself...

odla
02-06-13, 02:13 PM
Sad! They totaled it out for that? looks like it could be fixed.

ryand
02-06-13, 02:49 PM
Yea-The photos dont look that bad....I would assume there was some major sub frame damage. I sold it with 140K, no telling how many miles went on it afterwords.

RyRidesMotoX
02-07-13, 03:28 AM
That looks totally fixable. Too bad they didnt see if the frame was jacked up or not. I feel your pain. I sold my last car to a guy who said he knew how to drive something with a racing clutch... he cracked the trans case in the Cobalt 3 days after he bought it. The exedy didn't slip and all the shock of a power shift went right into the trans case. Almost made me cry after all the work I had in it.

NCOGNITO
02-07-13, 09:44 AM
Dang - Car STILL looks beautiful at 140K+, must've had a great deal of damage underneath to total it out as the fenders, front end and body lines still look relatively straight. On the plus side for other V owners, looks like it TONS of reusable parts.

HAMSTAR
02-07-13, 09:53 AM
I sold an old truck to a friend once, trusty, reliable, anal-retentively maintained. The ******* covered it in astroturf, thought it was hilarious. I wanted to throttle him.

lilgCTS-V
02-07-13, 10:55 AM
I sold an old truck to a friend once, trusty, reliable, anal-retentively maintained. The ******* covered it in astroturf, thought it was hilarious. I wanted to throttle him. common, that is pretty darn funny

carlson_mn
02-07-13, 09:14 PM
I'm sure it will be repaired and sold, accidents happen.