: Haynes Manual

ExRPO1
02-06-13, 11:10 AM
For those that may be interested, I've just bought a brand new release of the Haynes Workshop manual covering the Saab 9-3, 2007-2011 (57-61 Reg) off a seller on ebay for just under 14 delivered. As my own car was built in May 2008 (despite being marketed as a 2009 model), I opted for the latest version of this manual rather than the one that immediately preceeded it.

This manual covers the 1.9 Tid 8v and 16v engines. Having had a trawl through it, there is much that appears applicable to any BLS owner with the 1.9 Tid 16v engine as clearly the BLS and 9-3 in this range use exactly the same engine (everything under the bonnet is identical) and for the most part, the same braking system. The same also appears for a lot of the electrical system. As there is no official customer workshop manual for the BLS, this in my opinion, is probably the next best thing. You can get CD workshop manuals for the Saab 9-3 on ebay for about 3, but I like having a book in front of me with proper pages I can turn!

I've used Haynes manuals for years and I know this latest manual from Haynes will help me personally no end. It's great having stuff like the recommended torque settings available for when you're doing jobs on the car. I have made the heady decision to do much of my own servicing from now on now that my warranty has expired. I've already successfully changed the rear discs and pads on my own car even without this manual. At the moment, I'm just not personally doing the sort of mileage that warrants me taking the car to a garage for full blown servicing when I know I can do a lot of the work myself. This manual also tells you how to reset the service indicator if you weren't already aware.

AndyBear1SA
06-07-13, 03:11 PM
Do you perhaps know where one could source a service/maintenance booklet and an owners manual for the BLS?
I have the 2008 (July) BLS 2.8T V6 Automatic Lux model, but the books have been misplaced.
I often go onto e bay, but cannot seem to find any. Andy (Durban, South Africa)

Mazuk
06-09-13, 08:53 AM
A manual (2007) is available now on eBay .Just input bls manual.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-BLS-Owners-Manual-Portfolio-2007-/190627623326?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litte rature_ET&hash=item2c624ab19e

Peter K
06-24-13, 07:35 AM
A manual (2007) is available now on eBay .Just input bls manual.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-BLS-Owners-Manual-Portfolio-2007-/190627623326?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litte rature_ET&hash=item2c624ab19e

Hi Andy send me your email address to Pjk731010@gmail.com and I can send to you a full set of manuals in pdf format