: Heated Steering Wheel

quantex
02-06-13, 11:08 AM
Gotta say. Probably one of the best features. Lets shot out some love.

GMJim
02-06-13, 11:13 AM
Love!!!!

allgm
02-06-13, 01:25 PM
Miss it . Had it on my 2008 SRX

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-06-13, 04:56 PM
Glad to hear it, quantex! Thanks for kicking off this thread; the feedback is much appreciated.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Marc NY
02-06-13, 09:35 PM
Yes! Hands down one of the nicest features I enjoy! :thumbsup:

It feels sooooo nice to grab onto a really "WARM" steering wheel in our cold weather here in NY. :D

300:29:1
02-06-13, 10:05 PM
Yes! Hands down one of the nicest features I enjoy! :thumbsup:

It feels sooooo nice to grab onto a really "WARM" steering wheel in our cold weather here in NY. :D

It's really unfortunate that Cadillac chose to make this seemingly great feature available, but made the benefit so so. I'm referring to the portions of the steering wheel that aren't heated due to wood trim. I understand this was remedied in MY 2013, but I find myself getting less than maximum benefit from the heated wheel. Even when not turning, you have to be careful how you grip the wheel when it's very cold. I don't drive with gloves on. SOrry to complain, but this little defect bugs me at times.

Marc NY
02-07-13, 08:28 AM
It's really unfortunate that Cadillac chose to make this seemingly great feature available, but made the benefit so so. I'm referring to the portions of the steering wheel that aren't heated due to wood trim. I understand this was remedied in MY 2013, but I find myself getting less than maximum benefit from the heated wheel. Even when not turning, you have to be careful how you grip the wheel when it's very cold. I don't drive with gloves on. SOrry to complain, but this little defect bugs me at times.Yes that was my only gripe on my 2012 SRX that the full benefits of a heated wheel was lost unless you kept your hands in certain areas of the steering wheel and it was very evident when one was making turns, your hands would have to grip the still cold wood area. That was one reason Cadillac fixed that situation when their GM engineers came out with the newer design wheel. Still many of us owners liked the look of wood thus the reason why the wood was placed on the inside of the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

quantex
02-07-13, 09:50 AM
Yes that was my only gripe on my 2012 SRX that the full benefits of a heated wheel was lost unless you kept your hands in certain areas of the steering wheel and it was very evident when one was making turns, your hands would have to grip the still cold wood area. That was one reason Cadillac fixed that situation when their GM engineers came out with the newer design wheel. Still many of us owners liked the look of wood thus the reason why the wood was placed on the inside of the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Remember GM does not stand for Genius Motors. Anyways, my wood is very dark on my wheel as compared to my wife's wheel. I like it.

TheCaptain
02-08-13, 10:34 AM
You have the Light Titanium interior quantex? I notice the Light Titanium for '13 gets extra dark wood.

quantex
02-08-13, 10:52 AM
You have the Light Titanium interior quantex? I notice the Light Titanium for '13 gets extra dark wood.

Actually no. It is ebony. The wood in the sunlight looks nice, but man it is dark. Almost looks like dark plastic. I like it alot though. If it ever gets sunny here I will try to get a picture. My wife has the LT and here wood is lighter.

TheCaptain
02-08-13, 12:55 PM
Ok right on.
Back on topic, I'm excited to use the heated wheel!!

hiznhrz
02-14-13, 03:01 PM
My wife love the heated steering wheel. I thought it was a good idea but my opinion when I bought the cars was "take it or leave it". We spent last weekend on a road trip; I drove. When I got back into my daily driver on Monday morning I sure wished I had a heated steering wheel. Love it!

hambone8
02-16-13, 06:00 AM
Never thought I would enjoy such a feature since I wear gloves in the winter... I freakin' love it now!

Marc NY
02-16-13, 10:16 AM
Never thought I would enjoy such a feature since I wear gloves in the winter... I freakin' love it now!I thought I would only use the heated steering wheel when it was around 20 degrees or lower out but I now find I use it almost all the time throughout our extended NY cold weather season. :ohnoes:

vi2k13
02-16-13, 11:28 AM
I thought I would only use the heated steering wheel when it was around 20 degrees or lower out but I now find I use it almost all the time throughout our extended NY cold weather season. :ohnoes:

This is one of the features in the SRX I am looking forward to.

I couldn't find anywhere if this can be programmed to come on automatically when remote starting like the heated/ventilated seats. That would be even nicer. Is it possible? Or does it at least remember the previous setting (on or off) when you start the vehicle next time?

Marc NY
02-16-13, 11:44 AM
This is one of the features in the SRX I am looking forward to.

I couldn't find anywhere if this can be programmed to come on automatically when remote starting like the heated/ventilated seats. That would be even nicer. Is it possible? Or does it at least remember the previous setting (on or off) when you start the vehicle next time?Sorry but the heated wheel can only be activated manually by the driver when the car is running. Only the heated seats will come on if you have selected that option in the settings menu. I find that the heated steering wheels heats up very fast and within a minute or two you already start feeling the heat.

vi2k13
02-16-13, 12:19 PM
Sorry but the heated wheel can only be activated manually by the driver when the car is running. Only the heated seats will come on if you have selected that option in the settings menu. I find that the heated steering wheels heats up very fast and within a minute or two you already start feeling the heat.

Thanks!

That's great if it heats up fast! Good to know.

Whistlingdixiee
02-16-13, 07:15 PM
I just tried this feature today. Living in the South, I didn't think I would really use a heated steering wheel, but I
have to say, I like it! I also questioned how much "heat" it would have and would it make a difference. I am
pleasantly surprised at 1. How fast the steering wheel got hot and 2. How nice and toasty the wheel became. I
still like the look of the wood on the steering wheel, and kind of miss not having that, but I will definitely use the
heating feature, even here in Dixie! Where was this wonderful option when I lived in Alaska?? :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-18-13, 02:58 PM
Glad you're enjoying it, Whistlingdixiee! Many more happy, toasty miles!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Lencarguy
02-19-13, 01:55 PM
Two warm thumbs up!

XavierFlatbush
02-19-13, 02:28 PM
Yes, I'm a guy who usually is never cold, my heated seat very rarely goes on, and I thought the same would be the case for the heated steering wheel. But I was wrong. I really enjoy it, and it does heat up quickly so it not going on as part of automatic start is not an issue at all.

georule
09-28-13, 12:20 AM
I have to admit, this was on the short-list of "must haves" for my new vehicle and one of the reasons I ended up in an SRX. But living in Minnesota, a "cold" winter day is often well below 0F, and I don't drive with gloves on. I'm really looking forward to trying this out in another month or so!

Marc NY
09-28-13, 01:12 PM
Heck I have been using the heated wheel a number of times already... I am getting really spoiled these days ... LOL

georule
10-25-13, 06:24 PM
Ohhh, man. That's good stuff. :) I'm very impressed how quickly it heats up the wheel without ever becoming uncomfortably warm.

paid4c4
10-25-13, 09:26 PM
The heated steering wheel isn't an option I would have purchased. However it was included on our 2012 Premium package. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the heated steering wheel as it is now one of my favorite options.
Bill

300:29:1
10-25-13, 11:04 PM
The heated steering wheel isn't an option I would have purchased. However it was included on our 2012 Premium package. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the heated steering wheel as it is now one of my favorite options.
Bill
It's the kind of thing that you can't appreciate until you have it. Then you can't imagine not having it. I've had this since my 2004 X3 and love it.

dmurphy
10-27-13, 01:21 AM
It's the kind of thing that you can't appreciate until you have it. Then you can't imagine not having it. I've had this since my 2004 X3 and love it.

My wife is completely jealous! She has remote start and heated seats in her Acadia, but *I* have a heated steering wheel, and she doesn't. :-)

Of course, she leaves for work before me, so I half expect to be left with her Acadia on the really cold days... we'll see!

TheCaptain
10-27-13, 11:29 AM
We've had a bunch of -5 and -8*C mornings already. I love this heated wheel! :cloud9:

shoeman
10-27-13, 01:34 PM
This is my first car with the heated wheel and it is great, Not even winter yet just cold enough to want it warmed up. I have issues with both front seats in terms of the heat. Both front seats only start to warm within 10 minutes of turning them on. In my ford explorer they were overly hot within five minutes is this normal in this car

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-28-13, 01:58 PM
This is my first car with the heated wheel and it is great, Not even winter yet just cold enough to want it warmed up. I have issues with both front seats in terms of the heat. Both front seats only start to warm within 10 minutes of turning them on. In my ford explorer they were overly hot within five minutes is this normal in this car

I am glad you are satisfied with your heated wheel feature, Mark. I am sorry your front seats do not warm up as quick as you would like. I would like the chance to look into this for you. Please contact me via private message so we can further discuss your current concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care