: Electric fan runs till the battery dies

Powermall
02-05-13, 04:54 AM
Hey everyone. I`m having an issue with a 2005. The electic fan (radiator fan) runs even after the engine is stopped and the key is removed. The car is pulling 2 DTCs:

B0409: Air mix door #1 range error
B0229: HVAC actuator circut

After searching I couldn`t really find anything relevent to my situation. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Isaac

----------

Just found a bit more info, sounds like there was a TSB released about the blower motor. I read a few threads about replacing the blower motor control module as well as the resistor for said motor. Not sure if that is the same as the fan, although sounds likely. Any thoughts?

the cadillac man
02-05-13, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone. I`m having an issue with a 2005. The electic fan (radiator fan) runs even after the engine is stopped and the key is removed. The car is pulling 2 DTCs:

B0409: Air mix door #1 range error
B0229: HVAC actuator circut

After searching I couldn`t really find anything relevent to my situation. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Isaac

----------

Just found a bit more info, sounds like there was a TSB released about the blower motor. I read a few threads about replacing the blower motor control module as well as the resistor for said motor. Not sure if that is the same as the fan, although sounds likely. Any thoughts?

Try pulling the fan relay in the under hood relay box the blower is not the same

90limited
02-05-13, 01:19 PM
I can only speak for my 2003 EXT, but it does not have an electric cooling fan for the radiator. It has a fan w/ clutch that is belt driven... Are you 100% sure yours has and electric radiator fan?

the cadillac man
02-05-13, 01:47 PM
I can only speak for my 2003 EXT, but it does not have an electric cooling fan for the radiator. It has a fan w/ clutch that is belt driven... Are you 100% sure yours has and electric radiator fan?

After a certain year gm switched to electric fan to replace the clutch fan

flyingdutchman
02-05-13, 04:59 PM
It was 2005 Here is a thread about converting to electric fans

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9400