: ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

muthaiga
02-04-13, 06:46 PM
I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!

Lmanaro
02-04-13, 06:50 PM
AWD: 17 city 24 highway....wish it was higher

Bertha D Blues
02-04-13, 08:44 PM
Don't trush the DIC display. My car varies by 2% above and below the displayed value. Do your own calculation.

zr1mom
02-04-13, 08:48 PM
I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!

This is in the same range I'm getting as well, very disappointing. I have over 3000 miles now. Very misleading on GMs part.

bluhaven
02-04-13, 09:10 PM
I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway, that's going 70 to 80 and 23 city. The DIC showed 27 mpg but I hand calculated it and it was 30 mpg.

Kevin

gfxbt
02-04-13, 09:42 PM
2.0T RWD MT - I'm getting 24.x on each tank (2500 miles on the car). On the freeway going 75, I rarely see the instantaneous break 30 mpg. Usually it is closer to 27.

Overall I'm kind of disappointed by this. I could get 35 on the freeway in my 4 cylinder 6 speed auto Malibu. Personally I think 6th is too short. 75 in 6th is over 2500 rpm. This seems a little high. Those with autos, is your 6th gear that short? I think gas mileage would be greatly improved if you were around 1500 in 6th at 75.

Yplus
02-05-13, 08:21 AM
I get 30-32 on the highway when I'm cruising at ~65. But since I enjoy my ATS so much, my combined MPG is more like 18-19. I think the estimates are fair if you drive it normally. I just can't seem to drive it normally most of the time! :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-05-13, 12:15 PM
Muthaiga, thank you for kicking off this thread! I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment many of you are having regarding your mpg, so I'll be sure to document this thread's URL for the appropriate GM teams to view. In the meantime, please private message me or email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to follow up further on your individual frustrations.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

muthaiga
02-05-13, 02:22 PM
zr1mom, thanks for your reply - am I correct in that you have an AWD ATS? Mine is RWD, and I'm getting the same mpg as you...

zr1mom
02-05-13, 08:07 PM
zr1mom, thanks for your reply - am I correct in that you have an AWD ATS? Mine is RWD, and I'm getting the same mpg as you...

Correct I have AWD.

----------

I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway, that's going 70 to 80 and 23 city. The DIC showed 27 mpg but I hand calculated it and it was 30 mpg.

Kevin

Damn! How can one person get 30mpg and another like me can't even break 23 mpg highway? I see like 18 city. I want you car. :lildevil:

mrstecks
02-06-13, 10:30 AM
I get 30-32 on the highway when I'm cruising at ~65. But since I enjoy my ATS so much, my combined MPG is more like 18-19. I think the estimates are fair if you drive it normally. I just can't seem to drive it normally most of the time! :)

I agree. I did a little test and drove very sedately for a few days and got 20mpg in the city (no highway driving during this period).
I was surprised by that, but I was also bored stiff and have since reverted to "spirited" driving and having fun... and a combined average of about 17mpg. :yup:

Cheers,
Mark

gfxbt
02-06-13, 10:15 PM
I've been taking it easy on all freeway trips (30 miles round trip twice a week) and I haven't seen any benefit. While freeway driving, as previously stated, the instantaneous is usually around 27. My average (over the last two tanks) is no different than with more spirited driving - 24 combined. Additionally, I keep my data logged for every tank so I have a fairly good understanding of my fuel consumption.

Again, anyone out there that knows what their auto car in 6th is running at 70 mph (rpm wise)? I'm still convinced that the manual's 6th is too short. As opposed to 2500 at 70 I'd like to see 1500. Any thoughts?

unclemoose
02-07-13, 05:56 PM
I've been getting 20 mpg on my DIC in my 2.0T RWD Manual. Even when I baby it, I don't get higher.

Here's a question, what's the minimum RPM that you cruise in any specific gear? I have a hard time telling when this engine is lugging at lower RPMs. I've been settling around 1500 rpm for any given gear. Some days I feel I should be higher, sometimes lower, to get maximized fuel economy.

Rozay619
02-07-13, 06:25 PM
I've been getting 20 mpg on my DIC in my 2.0T RWD Manual. Even when I baby it, I don't get higher.

Here's a question, what's the minimum RPM that you cruise in any specific gear? I have a hard time telling when this engine is lugging at lower RPMs. I've been settling around 1500 rpm for any given gear. Some days I feel I should be higher, sometimes lower, to get maximized fuel economy.

I am avg. about 22MPG because my wife only does city driving. My Auto is almost always around 2000 rpm, i drive mainly freeway between 68-70 mph.

nmauzy
02-07-13, 11:32 PM
Gfxbt, I checked RPMs at 70 tonight and like the previous poster I was getting 2,000 or slightly above.

Nathan

tonka9
02-08-13, 12:58 AM
My ATS4 AWD 3.6 V6 auto with 4000 miles shows 21.7 MPG lifetime average with a mix of city and highway. Not nearly as good as my previous car, a BMW 335Xi twin turbo which
averaged 24.1 MPG over the same roads at the same speed with the same driver.

Bertha D Blues
02-08-13, 07:52 AM
gfxbt, at 70 mph I was running 2,100 rpm.

gfxbt
02-08-13, 10:42 AM
nmauzy: thanks for the input re: engine speed at 70 with auto

unclemoose: as for cruising in a gear, i'm not sure - i typically go by feel and don't look at the tach. i think around 25 i'll be in fourth, 35 or so in 5th, and above 40 6th. you could definitely be at in a higher gear at each speed - it seems to have to go really slow for a specific gear to be lugging in my opinion. next time i am out driving i'll take a look.

unclemoose
02-08-13, 03:02 PM
nmauzy: thanks for the input re: engine speed at 70 with auto

unclemoose: as for cruising in a gear, i'm not sure - i typically go by feel and don't look at the tach. i think around 25 i'll be in fourth, 35 or so in 5th, and above 40 6th. you could definitely be at in a higher gear at each speed - it seems to have to go really slow for a specific gear to be lugging in my opinion. next time i am out driving i'll take a look.

Thanks, gfxbt. My concern is that maybe I'm not managing the trans appropriately to get the stated fuel economy. I'm thinking it's around 1,500 or 1,400 rpm that best fuel economy is achieved, but would love your feedback. I agree, I think I can maintain 6th gear w/o lugging around 40 mph and maybe 1,400 rpm.

marktanner
02-09-13, 02:39 AM
A couple of things to remember concerning fuel mileage. First, most of these cars are pretty new, and not yet fully broken in. Expect mileage to increase after break-in. For these various engines the breakin-in period hasn't been fully established yet, but usually it is in the 3-5,000 mile range. Second, winter mileage is always worse than summer mileage, except in the warmer climates. This is due to increased warm-up times, increased friction at lower temperatures, more inclement weather that requires more power to punch through, increased use of lights and wipers and defrosters and seat heaters, etc. Another compounding factor is the lower energy density of the mix in winter fuels, in the areas that have such blends (like Atlanta). All of this conspires to decrease mileage. I bet that as we get later into the spring, and especially as more cars get broken in, mileage will increase significantly. I certainly hope so, as both my '08 CTS and '09 CTS-V exceeded their EPA highway ratings by nearly 20% in my experience.

sqkid89
02-09-13, 06:32 PM
I've got about 2500 miles on my 2.0T RWD Auto. I'm averaging around 23.9-24.1 combined according to the DIC. Winter's killing the number though due to snowy conditions and warming up the car in the morning. I do a lot of city driving, so the numbers would be much better if I didn't work out in the middle of nowhere.

While I do (really) enjoy driving a bit more spirited now and then, it brings your mpg down really quickly. I would say it helps to leave the instantaneous mpg on the dash; you see really quickly how your driving style affects the gas gauge.

blue_skies
02-11-13, 05:44 AM
Thanks, gfxbt. My concern is that maybe I'm not managing the trans appropriately to get the stated fuel economy. I'm thinking it's around 1,500 or 1,400 rpm that best fuel economy is achieved, but would love your feedback. I agree, I think I can maintain 6th gear w/o lugging around 40 mph and maybe 1,400 rpm.

Mileage is highly related to your driving style. Mileage goes down with fast starts, hard braking, and long idling. It goes up with smoothness (less acceleration and braking) and use of cruise control.

Even so, the stated EPA fuel economy is a very specific driving formule (sequence) which may not apply to you. E.g. driving 75mph is not included.

I am averaging 21mpg, lifetime after 5k miles, and it is still going up. I can easily get 28mpg on the freeway (3.6L). My running average seems to settle around 23mpg now, in a mixed city/freeway, Sport Mode, driving environment. And I like fast acceleration.

I think that an overdrive gear would have completely killed the character of the car. And probably not save that much on fuel anyway. Most cars are tuned for freeway speeds, their best mileage should show at around 65-70mph.

Basically, I would not worry about the rpm. Drive the car the way that you like to, and let mileage fall out of it. Your style, your mileage.

mstiffanymarietx
02-11-13, 07:01 AM
I traveled from Houston to Dallas last week @ 75 MPH on cruise control and I got 30-32 mpg Highway and about 20-22 mpg (City).

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 11:32 AM
I've been taking it easy on all freeway trips (30 miles round trip twice a week) and I haven't seen any benefit. While freeway driving, as previously stated, the instantaneous is usually around 27. My average (over the last two tanks) is no different than with more spirited driving - 24 combined. Additionally, I keep my data logged for every tank so I have a fairly good understanding of my fuel consumption.

Again, anyone out there that knows what their auto car in 6th is running at 70 mph (rpm wise)? I'm still convinced that the manual's 6th is too short. As opposed to 2500 at 70 I'd like to see 1500. Any thoughts?

1500rpm at 70mph? That's just nuts. That's ultra-tall and not realistic. My 400hp V had an ultra-tall 6th and wasn't that tall...

katz
02-11-13, 12:07 PM
I am only getting 17.8 overall.
It is winter, very cold, but this seems very low compared to the rest of the posts.
Dealer did "update" the engine for a smoother idle, but was only getting 18 before anyway.
Most of you seem to at least be in the 20's?

----------

I am only getting 17.8 overall.
It is winter, very cold, but this seems very low compared to the rest of the posts.
Dealer did "update" the engine for a smoother idle, but was only getting 18 before anyway.
Most of you seem to at least be in the 20's?

cdp
02-11-13, 01:16 PM
AWD will cost you a mile or two per gallon, and the cold weather is also costing you. If you tend to drive mostly city, shorter trips, that will also make a big difference. I have a RWD 3.6 and the best I've done on a tank, with almost all hwy driving, was 24-25 mpg. In the city I get close to what you do, and its a lot warmer in the Houston area. I'm hoping to see improvements as it breaks in

Anthony31188
02-15-13, 01:44 PM
I've had my ATS AWD for over a month and I average 15MPG. VERY disappointing. I live on Long Island though, so our highways are basically considered city driving conditions. I'm almost never NOT in stop and go traffic.

In the same driving conditions my 2011 dodge challenger V6 average 18MPG. But I hated that damn car.

sucks....

nc-atsman
02-16-13, 09:13 PM
Averaging about 26 - 3.6L - very pleased with the mileage.

hyun121
02-16-13, 11:51 PM
2.0T - about 1,000 miles in and I'm seeing 20.3 mpg in mixed highway and city. I'm in Dallas where it isn't super cold. Pretty easy to say that the results are disappointing. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the car.

White Turbo
02-17-13, 10:51 AM

Have you tried resetting the avg. before you get into freeway driving. The avg. is based on the overall miles since last reset. All it takes is a little fast driving in town and on take offs to ruin the avg. if you have a lot of city driving in the avg. and then take the car on a 500 mile freeway trip, You could possibly get the avg. to go where you want to see it. I got mine up to 26 the second day I had it. That was in just like 10 miles on freeway with the avg. freshly reset.I know if I took my ATS on a long drive to Vegas or to Laughlin I would easily hit 30. Good luck.

----------

2.0T RWD MT - I'm getting 24.x on each tank (2500 miles on the car). On the freeway going 75, I rarely see the instantaneous break 30 mpg. Usually it is closer to 27.

Overall I'm kind of disappointed by this. I could get 35 on the freeway in my 4 cylinder 6 speed auto Malibu. Personally I think 6th is too short. 75 in 6th is over 2500 rpm. This seems a little high. Those with autos, is your 6th gear that short? I think gas mileage would be greatly improved if you were around 1500 in 6th at 75.

My ATS runs smooth at 80. You aren't going to see the 30mpg very often at 70. You should trade your ATS back in for another Malibu if your that disappointed. I'd rather be driving a Cadillac any day than any of Chevys cars even if I got 20 miles less per gallon. Clearly that wouldn't be the case with the ATS.

----------

Most of you clearly don't know how to work the avg. gauge. I've gotten better averages than a lot of you in my F-350 power stroke diesel while towing a boat. It doesn't make any sense. Reset the avg. once in a while, especially after a fair amount of city driving has been done. The numbers that the dealer states on the stickers is based on driving economically. Not driving at 75 mph and always keeping the rpms pegged. They are also based per trip not over 3000 miles of mixed driving. When I drove my ATS home I couldn't get my avg. above 12mpg because the miles that had already been put on it were test drive miles where people have heavy feet. I reset it the next morning and jumped on the freeway and shazam I was getting upwards of 28 mpg going in and out of hilly terrain.

marktanner
02-17-13, 01:36 PM
I always reset my MPG and average speed at every refill. That way, I can accurately calculate the MPG and compare it to the computer, plus the average speed gives me a good measure of my city/highway mix. I can calculate my long term stats by keeping a log, if I desire. Doing it this way, I easily note the improvement with break-in, as well as the decline with winter driving, and subsequent improvement in the spring. My old BMWs had two mpg computers, so I could reset it for each trip and each tankful, as well as an instantaneous display; I really liked those features. Using this method, one will see some impressive numbers at times, like after being on the highway for 10+ miles right after a fill-up. You can also see some really bad numbers in a traffic jam, or just watching what idling does. You can teach yourself how to drive more efficiently if you desire, such as during gas crises or times of high gas prices, by watching the average mpg with each change in habits or style.

exesivefire
02-20-13, 09:24 PM
I avg about 21 with my awd 2.0t

I consider myself a pretty aggressive driver, and with winter warmups and such I'm not too upset.

It's far better than my h3 was, obviously.

It's on par with what my g8 was though, weird

JSATS
02-22-13, 09:00 AM
Last weekend I got 27mpg with my 2.0 AWD. That was a combination of highway, country roads and some city. This was winter weather driving with Winter fuel. One tank was premium and my first fillup was regular. This was a 600 mile plus trip and my car has over 6,000 miles. I find this very good considering the conditions and have no doubt that my Summer mileage on the same trip will be around 30-32 MPG.

drsketch
02-22-13, 09:52 AM
2.0T - first tank - 14MPG

nmauzy
02-22-13, 02:12 PM
Having a bit of fun were we?!

rsf507
02-23-13, 01:01 AM
I'm the same, 14.5 mpg on my first tank. I have been having a little fun, but not much (I know your suppose to be good to the engine at the beginning, but you gotta give it a little heat to help it settle). Even when I reset the MPG calculator on the highway I get 21 max (cruising at 65), I'm going to give it a little while, but these numbers seem awfully low even for a engine that is not broken in yet

CarolinaCaddy
02-23-13, 08:47 PM
about 21 city with the turbo automatic....better than previous vehicle but a little disappointing considering its only a 4

ATurboS
02-24-13, 06:56 PM
So on my 3rd tank I took of easy... Cruising 65-70 keeping the RPM low I got 25 MPG on a good mix of city and freeway. Before that having a little "fun" I was getting 20. I'm Ol with 25 lol

rsf507
02-24-13, 08:01 PM
All I want is to get 20 driving the way I drive, I just drove a V6 mustang and averaged about 18 or so, so I would think this engine should at least be able to get me a few miles per gallon better with my same driving habits. But right now Even driving very conservatively I am getting like 16 mixed highways and city, and that's with very little fun driving

josefelipe
02-26-13, 01:25 AM
On my Vegas trip from L.A. I averaged 30! Regularly doing 70-80mph

White Turbo
02-28-13, 09:54 AM
I'm the same, 14.5 mpg on my first tank. I have been having a little fun, but not much (I know your suppose to be good to the engine at the beginning, but you gotta give it a little heat to help it settle). Even when I reset the MPG calculator on the highway I get 21 max (cruising at 65), I'm going to give it a little while, but these numbers seem awfully low even for a engine that is not broken in yet

That's crazy mpg for the highway. I took a trip to the beach the other day my average was getting up to 36 when on freeway. By the time I had gotten back home with beach city driving I had avg 30. I don't know what your doing on the gas pedal, but something isn't right.

Dave3283
02-28-13, 10:18 AM
That's crazy mpg for the highway. I took a trip to the beach the other day my average was getting up to 36 when on freeway. By the time I had gotten back home with beach city driving I had avg 30. I don't know what your doing on the gas pedal, but something isn't right.

I just have to say..I don't think you are allowed to reference the beach. I'm sure you can't twice in one post. Gotta go shovel snow now.

mrstecks
02-28-13, 02:56 PM
On my recent road trip from Denver to Phoenix and back, I averaged 30.2 on the freeway (75mph mostly, and no cruise control), and my city average in Phoenix over a one week period was 19. Pretty satisfied with that.
In fact, the city mpg surprised me a bit because at home I average about 16-17. Not sure if the difference was caused by the lower altitude, or the fact that everyone in Phoenix seems to drive highway speeds on the city streets! hahahaha....

Great trip. I was worried that the seat might get uncomfortable, but it never did. LOVE my car! :)

Cheers,
Mark

Livid
02-28-13, 11:13 PM
I did 200 miles of 70-75 MPH freeway driving today and averaged 27.1 MPG. The ride wasn't bad. I wonder if the magnetic shocks are softening a bit. I still only have 1100 miles on the car.

zeke2013
03-02-13, 02:38 PM
Had 2.0 AWD auto bout a month only city driving so far and 14.6 mpg. Been driving very easy not aggressive at all.
Three family members have shown interest in an ATS but may rethink after I informed then about city mpg.

z

Siren05
03-03-13, 11:39 PM
Hi All

My first post here as a recent victim of theft. My beloved 2011 STI HATCH was stolen I save replaced it with a 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. .my Subaru was Protuned with a high flow downpipe we made 356 Awhp and 360 awtq. Little beast. I pick up my ATS TUESDAY :). My comment is MPG is a function of how heavy ones
Right foot is! My turbo vehicles love drinking fuel.. Stock tunes tend to run rich for safety wasting fuel..
Once my car was tuned on the dyno I easily picked up 15-20% better MPG and Gobbs of hp an tq.

Cheers

marktanner
03-04-13, 12:21 AM
Just had first fill-up at 300 miles, right at 20 mpg. Lots of idling, resulting in an average speed of 21 mph, which is quite low for me. Probably 80% city, and it's been pretty cold in the ATL, too (love the heated stearing wheel). Had a few full throttle excursions, too, and some exciting passing. Found out that the dealer had filled it for me with regular, too, so I tried to burn off as much gas as I could, not knowing the reserve of this car when the low fuel light comes on (I think it's 2.5-3 gallons with this particular car). Overall, not too bad for a brand new car on regular with lots of idling, in the winter. I expect my mileage will improve with the weather and the break-in.

zr1mom
03-04-13, 08:50 PM
My car is broken in and I drive mostly highway and see 20 - 22 at best. Don't plan on seeing much better.

Siren05
03-04-13, 10:24 PM
I imagine RWD owners will see better MPG

bool
03-10-13, 11:32 AM
1st tank around 17, 2nd 17.5, 3rd 18.5 mostly city driving. The 18.5 is the average from the 2nd and the start of the third tank. I would get around 19 to 20 in town with my old Passat.

NormV
03-12-13, 08:14 AM
A couple of things to remember concerning fuel mileage. First, most of these cars are pretty new, and not yet fully broken in. Expect mileage to increase after break-in. For these various engines the breakin-in period hasn't been fully established yet, but usually it is in the 3-5,000 mile range. Second, winter mileage is always worse than summer mileage, except in the warmer climates. This is due to increased warm-up times, increased friction at lower temperatures, more inclement weather that requires more power to punch through, increased use of lights and wipers and defrosters and seat heaters, etc. Another compounding factor is the lower energy density of the mix in winter fuels, in the areas that have such blends (like Atlanta). All of this conspires to decrease mileage. I bet that as we get later into the spring, and especially as more cars get broken in, mileage will increase significantly. I certainly hope so, as both my '08 CTS and '09 CTS-V exceeded their EPA highway ratings by nearly 20% in my experience.

Mark is right about cold weather and generally a brand new car. Driving style and increasing the tire pressures will be the biggest determinants in fuel economy. Avoiding traffic and stop lights/idling at drive throughs. I think, as most GM small engines, will exceed city driving EPA fuel economy

Golddogs
03-12-13, 09:08 AM
First tank of gas, suburb driving, some stops (depending on how I hit the lights) 22.2mpg, 3.6 AWD. I am happy with this since my Durango, same trip, was getting 14.4 mpg.

jeffroeson
03-13-13, 05:40 PM
I've driven 900 miles in cold, snowy Iowa weather. Been exactly one month of driving pleasure and have filled up four times.

Just drove 80% highway, 20% city miles and got 28.9 MPG (using 92 octane). This is calculated. Worst mileage was 18.1 which was 90% city miles (and partial tank using 89 octane). So, I am satisfied with results and expect better mileage as weather gets warmer.

So far been pretty tame with my accelerator pedal, but know/feel it's asking for a good workout.

bool
03-16-13, 08:36 AM
Now I am getting around 19.5 city. Haven't been on any highway trips yet.

1st tank around 17, 2nd 17.5, 3rd 18.5 mostly city driving. The 18.5 is the average from the 2nd and the start of the third tank. I would get around 19 to 20 in town with my old Passat.

Stevo Supremo
03-16-13, 10:01 AM
2.0T standard RWD.. been averaging 13L/100Km = 19, 18 or so MPG.. thats f***in garbage LMAO.. is it 'cuz its new? this is on country roads

marih
03-16-13, 04:14 PM
had mine for 3 months and getting 21.1 combination and 28.7 on the highway got the 2.0t

Dave3283
03-16-13, 05:22 PM
2.0T standard RWD.. been averaging 13L/100Km = 19, 18 or so MPG.. thats f***in garbage LMAO.. is it 'cuz its new? this is on country roads

How many km on car. I'd think 1500-2000 before improvement.

Groomie
03-17-13, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, first road trip to Atlanta averaged 30.5 mpg 2.0t performance. Gotta luv this car

Siren05
03-17-13, 07:50 PM
800 miles so far combined 23 mpg and getting better with highway city mx and some very spirited pulls:)

bravnik
03-18-13, 10:16 AM
I'm getting around 18-20 mostly city. Not worried one bit as after the first oil change the MPG will go up (or should). Currently a little over 400 miles and plan to do the oil change at 600.

zr1mom
03-19-13, 07:47 PM
Oil change won't make a difference get use to poor gas mileage.

Siren05
03-19-13, 09:53 PM
Oil change won't make a difference get use to poor gas mileage.

I haven't seen any data logging, but my guess is GM has a pretty safe tune meaning rich to avoid leaning
Out under high load up top on the rpm range. Maybe somebody could chime in who has seen some stock
Tune data logs . My Subaru gained about 15-20% better mileage after my protune. Factory tune was
Running very rich for general safety but translates into shite mileage.
Factory tunes are cookie cutters they will run differently on every car:(. Some great some not so great.

Dblhelx
03-20-13, 11:50 PM
24mpg avg. 2500mi. 2.0t RWD

gxp2ats
03-21-13, 12:07 AM
I'm driving a 2.0T RWD automatic with just over 5000 miles and I've been averaging 28.5 mpg, though admittedly my commute is almost entirely highway miles.

Dan Niederschulte
03-21-13, 07:36 AM
Picked up our 2.0 T a week ago today, 1651 miles and 25 mpg.

Stevo Supremo
03-21-13, 11:08 AM
Picked up our 2.0 T a week ago today, 1651 miles and 25 mpg.

lmao damn!! how much driving have you been doin? I've had mine for 2 weeks and have 300miles on mine lol

Chuck C
03-21-13, 12:43 PM
Does the 6-sp auto have a sport mode option? If so, how many who have reported mpg data above drive in sport mode vs. regular mode? Is there an eco mode too?

jigggaxp
03-23-13, 11:48 PM
Dont worry bud, im in bayside, queens. And I avg around 15mpg too. Ive only had the car for a weak and im not even driving it hard.
Its mostly around 40 degrees right now but 15mpg.. just sucks. I hope breaking in the car a bit will do the trick..

I've had my ATS AWD for over a month and I average 15MPG. VERY disappointing. I live on Long Island though, so our highways are basically considered city driving conditions. I'm almost never NOT in stop and go traffic.

In the same driving conditions my 2011 dodge challenger V6 average 18MPG. But I hated that damn car.

sucks....

Fraggy
03-25-13, 12:44 AM
17.x with a 2.0, 1000 miles, driven exclusively in sport and manual mode.

Stevo Supremo
03-25-13, 09:42 AM
was getting 22MPG yesterday driving carefully at low RPMS.

crash30920
03-27-13, 12:24 PM
This might just be anecdotal at this point but I have the AWD 2.0T and have about 2,200 miles on the car. I have been averaging about 22-24 MPG and that is about 80-90 Highway and I am really light on the throttle most of time. This past weekend I took a longer trip and just set the car on cruise for the 110 mile round trip and got almost 29.0 mpg and there a couple of fast speeds in there too. So I wanted to see if the cruise really made that big of a deal. This morning it was slightly snowing I filled up which is about 1 block form where I live and reset the AVG MPG gauge I did not warm up the car and it was about 32 degrees out. I set the cruise on my way to work. I hit every single red light which is 6 of them and then the 17 miles on the expressway. Using the crusie the entire time even between the lights and into the parking lot my car registered 33.7 MPG. I drove the same speeds as I always do on the express way in the morning with traffic between 55 and 70, always changing my speed by adjusting the cruise speed setting. So I will try this again on my way home and see if I get the same results but it is very odd that the cruise can change MPG by that much. Will update tomorrow with more results.

adiaz2331
03-28-13, 04:44 PM
Crash i'm really interested to hear about your findings today. Thanks for the forthcoming update.

Stevo Supremo
03-28-13, 04:53 PM
just found out I have instant mileage reading lol!

anyways, driving 60km/hr in 6th gear I was averaging 33MPG pretty easily, if nobody believes me I'll film it next time lol

Dan Niederschulte
03-28-13, 07:31 PM
lmao damn!! how much driving have you been doin? I've had mine for 2 weeks and have 300miles on mine lol

It's called vacation...and my ATS was a really sweet ride. I finished my trip with just under 3 k miles an averaged 25 mpg for the trip. I experimented with gasoline alternating between premium and 87 by the tank. We were driving in pretty diverse weather....started out warm and returned to below freezing. For the last 250 miles I had the transmission in snow and ice mode.

Chuck C
03-28-13, 08:01 PM
Crash i'm really interested to hear about your findings today. Thanks for the forthcoming update.

Same here!

crash30920
03-30-13, 10:13 PM
This might just be anecdotal at this point but I have the AWD 2.0T and have about 2,200 miles on the car. I have been averaging about 22-24 MPG and that is about 80-90 Highway and I am really light on the throttle most of time. This past weekend I took a longer trip and just set the car on cruise for the 110 mile round trip and got almost 29.0 mpg and there a couple of fast speeds in there too. So I wanted to see if the cruise really made that big of a deal. This morning it was slightly snowing I filled up which is about 1 block form where I live and reset the AVG MPG gauge I did not warm up the car and it was about 32 degrees out. I set the cruise on my way to work. I hit every single red light which is 6 of them and then the 17 miles on the expressway. Using the crusie the entire time even between the lights and into the parking lot my car registered 33.7 MPG. I drove the same speeds as I always do on the express way in the morning with traffic between 55 and 70, always changing my speed by adjusting the cruise speed setting. So I will try this again on my way home and see if I get the same results but it is very odd that the cruise can change MPG by that much. Will update tomorrow with more results.

Ok so I waited for a couple of complete cycles to work and a trip today and the mileage did go down but still stands at 29.2 which is alot better than the 22 to 24 that I was getting for the previous 2000 miles. I really can't explain the first day unless I had a good tail wind on the ride into work? But still I will take 29+ MPG any day of the week. I would be curious to see if any one else has the same experience.

mechevar
04-02-13, 06:29 PM
I'm currently at ~900 miles and I am getting 20 MPG. RWD 2.0T(M). Mainly city driving since average speed is 24.9 MPH.

Sir CussFreq
04-02-13, 06:52 PM
Bear in mind that if you've got the Driver Assistance Package (adaptive cruise control), the sensors take the place of the automatic air dams in the grill, negating whatever efficiency bonuses it would provide... I didn't realize that the sensors replaced the air dam before I bought the car... Not sure if I would have opted for that package had I known.

b4z
04-05-13, 04:02 PM
A lot of you guys and gals are getting much worse mileage than we got in our 3.0L cts.
A recent trip to amelia island netted us 27 mpg and trips to DC have netted us 28.3. These are averages for the entire trip. Cruise was set at x79-80 mph.
Even a few dips into the throttle and a couple of transmission kickdowns can ruin your average.

Fraggy
04-05-13, 07:56 PM
All around mileage of 2.0 is 17.1 over the last 800 miles. I'm at 1700 miles total.

marktanner
04-05-13, 11:44 PM
It's amazing the effect of temperature on mileage. This weekend, I hit 1000 miles. Simultaneously, spring finally arrived in the south, with the temperature shooting 20-30 degrees, to the mid 70s. I got gas, had some traffic before getting on the highway, then after a 13 mile trip was getting 34.5 mpg, doing 60-70 and averaging 47 mph per the computer, which beats the EPA, and the car isn't really broken in yet. After a few days of city driving, my mileage has been 24 with an average speed of 30 mph, which is my benchmark average speed. In comparison, my CTS-V would get 16.5-17 mpg (manual transmission), and my '08 CTS 3.6 DI with a stick would get 20-21 mpg, both cars fully broken in, of course.

The last few days, it got cold again, and the mpg started decreasing again; then today, it warmed up again, and the mpg started to rise again. Hopefully, the same thing will happen for others, and the fleet mileage will improve dramatically. I for one am pleased that my car is now meeting or beating the EPA estimates, and I expect it will improve further as the car contimues to break in.

jmvohs
04-14-13, 02:04 PM
I had to make a trip from Philly to DC and back yesterday. On the way to DC I decided to test the highway mileage of my 2.0T (manual) so I set the cruise to 65 mph. Traffic was light and was pretty much always at this speed except for slowing for toll booths. I got 31.5 mpg for the trip. On the way back I drove more like I normally do (70-80 mph) and the traffic was heavier requiring more slow downs. I got 29.5 mph. In my daily stop and go commute I only get ~20 mpg.

Stevo Supremo
04-15-13, 02:16 PM
Just realized my cadillac has DFCO, wasn't aware of that... will deff. be downshifting more :)

Chuck C
04-21-13, 08:53 PM
Ttt^

PAO56
04-24-13, 04:40 PM
new to the forum and running my 2.5 ATS as my daily commuter, running 103 miles round trip....combined back roads, 40-45 MPH and interstate 65-75MPH with some short stop and go....only 650 miles on it so far, but averaging just under 29 MPG at the moment......in Northern VA and Western MD

jph
04-26-13, 02:52 PM
my commute sucks... i'm averaging in between 17 and 19mpg :)
which is about the same as i was getting in my sti.

J.

mechevar
05-13-13, 09:27 AM
I'm at ~1800 miles and my stats are exactly the same as yours, 20 MPG, average speed 24.8 MPH. RWD 2.0T(M) as well.

Dave3283
05-16-13, 07:59 AM
Filled, reset and went on expressway.

Dave3283
05-16-13, 08:37 AM
Half hour commute, congested highway and clear city. Kept revs under 2k. I know not much fun, but was calming.

gfxbt
05-16-13, 09:58 AM
I was initially disappointed with my gas mileage (posted earlier in this thread). Now have almost 5,000 miles on the car. This last tank has been almost exclusively freeway driving. Taken it easy for almost all of the driving, other than entrance ramps which I always take spiritedly. Over 357 miles I've burned around 11 gallons of (premium) gas (according to OnStar app - likely it is closer to 12 gallons, but the app does not have a very high resolution, i.e., only displays full gallons). The DIC is reporting an average of 28.1 mpg. Not stellar, but I didn't buy this car for gas mileage. Bought it for fun and it is definitely fun. Long story short, I am happier with the fuel efficiency at this point than I was earlier.

**Forgot to mention - Cars is a 2.0T manual**

sdm100
05-16-13, 10:32 AM
V6 is getting about 22 mpg with 80% highway driving. Not very impressed with the numbers GM did not accurately reflect true gas mileage. Only saving grace is the 87 gas price

jph
05-17-13, 02:41 PM
Not very impressed with the numbers GM did not accurately reflect true gas mileage.

GM did not come up with those numbers, the EPA did.

J.

MyersBalls
05-17-13, 03:27 PM
The first 600 miles almost exclusively city driving (less than 5 miles at a time) and I was right at 19. Took a weekend roadtrip of about 1,000 highway miles and I am at 25 MPGs after a month of ownership and 1,700 miles.

ATS_maxblack
05-18-13, 01:37 PM
2.0t been getting a solid 21mpg city over 4500 miles. That is with spirited driving. Also just did a 200 mile trip and was able to pull 32mpg running at 74-75mph.

I am happy that my numbers match estimates.

zr1mom
05-20-13, 08:01 PM
GM did not come up with those numbers, the EPA did.

J.

Actually it's the other way around. Fuel economy is measured under controlled conditions in a laboratory using a standardized test procedure specified by federal law. Manufacturers test their own vehicles—usually pre-production prototypes—and report the results to EPA. EPA reviews the results and confirms about 10-15 percent of them through their own tests at the National Vehicles and Fuel Emissions Laboratory.

intregliaj
05-23-13, 06:10 PM
I am getting 18.6 mpg. My daily commute is about 30 miles. The first 15 is all highway going 60 mph, the next 15 is bumper to bumper going 5 mph. I have the 3.6 AWD, guess that is not too bad. Love the car.

flycaster
05-27-13, 09:38 AM
Just ran a quick test of D vs SM. Traveled 30 miles on highway (20 miles) and streets (10 miles) using D, then did the return trip in SM. Highway travel speed ranged from 65-80 mph and street speed ranged from stop to 35-50 mph. To my great surprise, the average fuel usage was about the same on both legs of the trip - 26 mpg. Using 93 octane and have 1200 miles. If this be the case, then SM all the way.

blue_skies
05-27-13, 01:25 PM
I have been comparing two different 3.6L ATs Models - one Luxury and one Performance model.

Even though the total mileage is still different (6k and 2k), I would say that I am getting very consistent mpg readout on the same road stretches. Sports Mode or Touring Mode seems to have a very slight impact on the achieved mpg - driving with or without a heavy foot has a bigger impact.

On freeway stretches, I usually see between 26mpg and 28mpg. It is always a bit tricky here, because the highest number is only achieved on cruise-control, on a flat freeway. Freeways here are going through hills, and often have stop and go traffic - both lowering the mpg. Hence I state 26 to 28mpg.

Driving off-freeways (expressways, surface streets and canyons/hills) I see about 20mpg on either car. If I push the car hard I can get it to drop below 19mpg, but not below 18mpg, which is actually still impressive for the driving style (hard starts and stops).

With my normal 'commute' - stop and go, and a combination of surface streets and freeways, I get 21.8mph with both cars - in SM all the time with fairly aggressive take-offs.

roadpie4u
05-27-13, 05:06 PM
I just made a 600 mile round trip over the weekend and averaged ~28mpg doing 70 and ~26 doing an average closer to 80.

I will say the manual transmission and turbo are the cause - 6th gear and the final gear are rather short for the amount of power the car makes and the turbine A:R is so small the engine constantly is in and out of boost. They made it so you could be doing 55mph in 6th gear and accelerate smoothly (this is a Cadillac, after all) without shifting - but I sorta wish they hadn't. We should check with Pfadt about their turbo development and see what happens when you swap the turbo but leave the stock tune in place.

Hohums
05-28-13, 07:53 AM
2.0T AWD auto, getting 22-24mpg in mixed driving. Again, I highly recommend resetting the average counter every now and then...

73JPS
06-01-13, 11:29 AM
2.0T RWD Manual got 22 mpg for the first 1500 miles, 80% city driving.

shamrock11
06-02-13, 09:32 AM
Gentleman & Ladies.
Wow am I in a pickle,, I just love the ATS and really want to look into buying one, HOWEVER, I would have to let my 1999 Olds Aurora go.
Wonderful BIG car ride with a 4.0 V8 that will scat. Now for the bad or good news. I get 18 to 20 MPG city and 24 to 26 Highway driving at 75
with air on. Wow, do I want to give it up? If I have to trade down ( and it is) to a 2.0 - 4 cylinder (Just 1/2 of what I have) and get the same mileage
their has to something wrong with this picture. Please help me out. I'm getting force fed that I should not drive this big V8 and should buy a smaller 4 cylinder to help the planet by consuming less fuel. Now someone tell me.. who's zoomin' who. LOL
Some body is selling a bill of goods. By the way, I have a bridge for sale for you..

lol

Hoosier Daddy
06-02-13, 09:54 AM
Gentleman & Ladies.
Wow am I in a pickle,, I just love the ATS and really want to look into buying one, HOWEVER, I would have to let my 1999 Olds Aurora go.
Wonderful BIG car ride with a 4.0 V8 that will scat. Now for the bad or good news. I get 18 to 20 MPG city and 24 to 26 Highway driving at 75
with air on. Wow, do I want to give it up? If I have to trade down ( and it is) to a 2.0 - 4 cylinder (Just 1/2 of what I have) and get the same mileage
their has to something wrong with this picture. Please help me out. I'm getting force fed that I should not drive this big V8 and should buy a smaller 4 cylinder to help the planet by consuming less fuel. Now someone tell me.. who's zoomin' who. LOL
Some body is selling a bill of goods. By the way, I have a bridge for sale for you..

lol
Sham, you should stay far away from the ATS. Yes the ATS is much faster and handles much better and offers a manual transmission BUT it has fewer cubic inches. I think you should be shopping Escalades to maximize engine size and get a BIG car ride. It's only downside is its NOT front wheel drive so you will probably miss that plowing in turns you've come to love.

bluecrayon
06-02-13, 09:34 PM
Wow, I'm rather surprised by the high variability in people's cars. Obviously engine size, awd vs rwd, transmission and driving style all come into play. I have a 3.6 which I'm sure is worse than the turbo which is worse than the 2.5. Additionally, I have awd, which subtracts even more. So I figure I have the worst combination but I figured if I drive gingerly, I'd still get 25. Not the case......as a matter of fact it's not much different how I drive. High teens on a bad day and low 20's on a good day. I'm certainly not going to drive it like my grandma just for a few extra mpg. With fairly aggressive driving, 18-20 seems about right.

Hohums
06-05-13, 11:44 PM
Not sure how many people are calculating their MPG at the pump, or via the computer. Might account for the varying degrees of accuracy.

My average MPG counter is consistently high, even though I reset it at every fill.

And of course, driving style is a big factor. Using cruise control liberally on highway driving should net you some extra gains. Ultimately though, it's a performance sports sedan...fuel economy is not top of the priority list when designing it, so we shouldn't expect to be blown away by high MPG when driving it.

73JPS
06-06-13, 12:12 AM
Not sure how many people are calculating their MPG at the pump, or via the computer. Might account for the varying degrees of accuracy.

My average MPG counter is consistently high, even though I reset it at every fill.

And of course, driving style is a big factor. Using cruise control liberally on highway driving should net you some extra gains. Ultimately though, it's a performance sports sedan...fuel economy is not top of the priority list when designing it, so we shouldn't expect to be blown away by high MPG when driving it.

Interesting: I was going to respond to your earlier quote regrading "I highly recommend resetting the average counter every now and then", but I put some thought into it instead. My initial thought was that your contention was less than ideal, as a larger sample size of mileage would result in more accurate data. I suppose though that there is validity in resetting from time to time, as large changes in driving habits after long periods of NOT resetting the the mileage counter would not reflect in the "average" displayed.

I honestly believe that resetting every fill up is too often. Also, if one is calculating mileage manually based on miles driven versus gallons boarded, one is probably not considering that very innocuous note that appears on every gas pump stating that "volumes are corrected to 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit), which can certainly effect the calculations in extreme temperature conditions... All of which brings me back to the idea that resetting the "average mileage counter" at every fill up is a bit too often.

PAO56
06-06-13, 05:02 PM
new to the forum and running my 2.5 ATS as my daily commuter, running 103 miles round trip....combined back roads, 40-45 MPH and interstate 65-75MPH with some short stop and go....only 650 miles on it so far, but averaging just under 29 MPG at the moment......in Northern VA and Western MD

about to roll 3600 miles in my ATS and the mileage holding steady at approx 29 MPG......no long road trips on it as of yet....

marktanner
06-14-13, 01:25 AM
Now with 2500 miles. Mileage steadily increasing. Tried a couple of tanks with regular, and the mileage seemed a bit less than with premium, and more turbo lag at low rpm, too. Currently at 26.5 mpg with an average speed of 30 mph, which I feel is really good, though on premium. Just after filling up, I got on the highway for 12 miles, then three miles suburban driving, and ended the trip at 34 mpg. I believe it might even do a bit better with a longer distance. Considering it's only rated at 30 mpg highway, I'm pretty satisfied. At similar speeds and conditions, my V would get 16-17 mixed, and 22 on the highway, and I thought that was great for a supercar, but the range with an 18 gallon tank really sucked. Now, with 16.5 gallons, I routinely go 340-350 miles between fill ups, which works out to twice a month, and I doubt I could out-last the tank on the highway. The car isn't completely broken in yet, so my mileage may improve even more. I will update again in a few months.

DcSr
06-14-13, 10:48 AM

Getting just over 20 mpg on the 2.0T with 70/30 city/highway driving

General Lee 01
06-16-13, 11:29 AM
2.0T rear wheel drive with 6-speed manual, burning 93 octane, computer averaging 28 mpg. Instantaneous mpg is around 35-38 on flat road on the turnpike at 80 mph in 6th gear. Have 1400 miles on odometer. I am very satisfied with the fuel efficiency.

render1
06-17-13, 06:26 PM
Just rolled over 5k miles on my 2.0T AWD. Overall have gotten 25mpg. 22 in town and 28 on a 2600 mile road trip. Probably could have done better on the road but did a lot of mountain driving and took advantage of the turbo and the right pedal.

derek98z
06-20-13, 01:21 PM
80% highway and I have 1,200 miles. 25.3
I have a feeling it is because of those times when I'm oly getting 9 mpg lol

CRW7096
06-23-13, 05:25 PM
777 Miles logged - Daily commute to work 3x week is 20+/- miles highway with no traffic and I average 26 on that. Other days I am almost all city driving which is driving down my overall MPG. According to the OnStar app my lifetime MPG is 21

bluecrayon
06-23-13, 09:05 PM
3.6 awd, 2000 miles averaging around 20. Actually pretty surprised it's not better. Even when I reset it and drive pretty gingerly, only 22-23.

PAO56
06-25-13, 12:56 PM
2.5L base ATS is 7 weeks old..about to roll 5K miles running 80/20 highway/city on a daily 103 mile roundtrip commute....avg is 29-31 MPG a tank depending on traffic flow.

CADILIKENYC
06-25-13, 10:49 PM
ATS 2.0T RWD Manual Tranny: Manhattan NYC 15.5 MPG. then again i only have 133 miles on the car and the first 70 was all highway.

[Twitch]
06-25-13, 11:07 PM
Just got this car and went on a little roadtrip 3.6 AWD 26MPG highway over 620miles with and average speed of 78mph

KXAM
07-06-13, 02:05 PM
I haven't seen 17 yet. My trips are mostly short and are averaging 14.6 mpg after four weeks. If the sticker had been more accurate, I probably would have bought a different car. The plus side is using regular gas--not possible with my Mercedes 280 SLK (former car). However, that doesn't average out dollar-wise for the miserable mileage. Hope it gets better as my ATS ages. Other than that, I like the car.

Thunder Gray STS
07-06-13, 03:30 PM
22-23 800 miles on the clock 50/50 mix of city and hwy. 2.0 T. I am tickled to death with that since I came out of a CTSV that got about 14 mpg downhill in a tailwind.

rage2021
07-06-13, 07:03 PM
i do about 75 city 25 highway and im getting like 20.5 mpg...does it get better? I have 700 miles..i have 2.0t AWD

Vernon Cooke
07-07-13, 08:48 AM
I took my 2.5L automatic on its first extended highway drive with a run up to Mt Rainier (Washington) reaching about 5,500'. Average for the 380 mile trip was 32.3 mpg. Could have been slightly better without headwinds along the way. City mpg is usually about 22. This matches the stated mpg claims almost exactly.

rage2021
07-13-13, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know approx. how much more you can drive when fuel indicator says LOW? Is it ~50km or so?

marktanner
07-15-13, 12:33 AM
Each car will vary some. If one fills up as soon as the light comes on, then you can calculate the amount remaining in the tank. Simply multiply that volume by the average MPG that is being achieved at that time and you will have the remaining range. This will vary depending on your current mileage, city vs highway.

CZ4
07-15-13, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know approx. how much more you can drive when fuel indicator says LOW? Is it ~50km or so?

You can get a somewhat accurate reading using the OnStar Smartphone app. I think it was 5-7L left in the tank when I checked.

After 2700kms, I'm getting roughly 19-20MPG with my 2.0T RWD Auto. 80% city driving

M5eater
07-15-13, 09:35 AM
after 1700 miles or so, seems my driving limits me to between 23-24 mpg during the week going to/from work in 50/50 driving and a partially lead foot. 26-27 on mostly highway when I popped over to northern VA 2 weekends ago.

right on the EPA ratings pretty much, I'm a bit dissapointed in highway, but that may have been a fact of my 65-75 mph average traveling speed.

I honestly believe that resetting every fill up is too often. Also, if one is calculating mileage manually based on miles driven versus gallons boarded, one is probably not considering that very innocuous note that appears on every gas pump stating that "volumes are corrected to 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit), which can certainly effect the calculations in extreme temperature conditions... All of which brings me back to the idea that resetting the "average mileage counter" at every fill up is a bit too often.
You're analyzing this way too much. Thermal coefficient of petroleum products is about 0.000950 / (C or K)

ie, for every 50 degrees in temperature drop, you net 0.01425 gallons. Calculate that the fact that storage tanks are underground, and even when outside ambient is triple digits, you might be 20-40 degrees cooler down there and it all really makes no difference at all. *maybe* a few hundredths in your calculations.

You're also not considering that the pump's measuring devices undergo thermal expansion as well, and it doesn't necessarily deliver the exact amount displayed. It will deliver what it believes is the volume of 1 gallon of gas.

if there were tangible variations in how much product you're receiving for your $3.5-$4, I can assure you, there would be huge uproar.

Hoosier Daddy
07-15-13, 10:12 AM
after 1700 miles or so, seems my driving limits me to between 23-24 mpg during the week going to/from work in 50/50 driving and a partially lead foot. 26-27 on mostly highway

That's just what we are getting in both situations.

----------

You're also not considering that the pump's measuring devices undergo thermal expansion as well, and it doesn't necessarily deliver the exact amount displayed. It will deliver what it believes is the volume of 1 gallon of gas.
Now the gears are turning. I wonder if the accuracy is only there at flow rates the system was designed for. It would be great if it read way low if you stuck a powerful pump between your car and the pump sealed against the nozzle and sucked the gas out of the pump at great speed. ;)

M5eater
07-15-13, 10:26 AM
Now the gears are turning. I wonder if the accuracy is only there at flow rates the system was designed for. It would be great if it read way low if you stuck a powerful pump between your car and the pump sealed against the nozzle and sucked the gas out of the pump at great speed

Interesting idea. What I will say is, Convenience stores sell gas to get you to come into the store and spend money there. Typically margins for a gallon of 87 are between 5-15 cents and for premium anywhere between 20-40 cents per gallon. That's before upkeep of the pumps, lights to illuminate them, state regulators coming out and inspecting the units (or tank), equipment repair/replacement, and trying to stay ahead of the other 3 stores within walking distance by .01 cents.

I would like to believe that they make every attempt to limit their costs with gas.

jeffroeson
07-15-13, 06:28 PM
Just returned from a 2700 mile round trip from Iowa to Mississippi. Whe driving at highway speeds I kept cruise on 77 MPH and made passing speeds from 85-90 MPH. Just a guess, but I would believe I had cruise on 80-85% of time. For the eight tank fills I got from 23 to 28.7 on the trip while using 93 octane.

Before the trip the only other tank fill I can give a representative highway speed result was 30.1 MPG. Since my engine now has a map of long distance driving I plan to do a trip soon to see what a constant 70 MPH can achieve.

nc-atsman
07-16-13, 07:41 PM
On the road my 3.6 gets 26-29 mpg. Around town with some highway I have been 24-25 mpg. My only issue is when my son (19 years old!) takes it for a drive the mileage miraculously drops 4 or 5 mpg! His only comment is "if you have it then why not use it!". Who would have ever thought a testosterone laden 19 year old would desire to drive his Dads Caddy because it is so cool. This is not your fathers Cadillac!

derek98z
07-19-13, 03:53 PM
80% highway and I have 1,200 miles. 25.3
I have a feeling it is because of those times when I'm oly getting 9 mpg lol

So I now have 2,100 miles. Was using QuikTrip 91 and getting between 23-25. I just switched to BP 91 that has NO additives. It is a lot more expensive but I wanted to give it a shot. I'm getting over 28 mpg! I know those "cleaning agents" definately hurt the mpg's