: 2013 SRX: Auto Unlock and Lock as you approach or leave vehicle?

NJRonbo
02-04-13, 07:26 PM
I suppose I am too lazy to walk outside in the 20-degree cold
to see if this exists in the CUE settings....

Is there a way, with keyfob in your pocket, that SRX doors will
automatically unlock or lock as you approach the vehicle without
having to touch the door handle?

Marc NY
02-04-13, 10:18 PM
.... is there a way, with keyfob in your pocket, that SRX doors will
having to touch the door handle?To open the SRX you will need to grab the door handle and simultaneously push in the little button to unlock any door. It only takes a spit second for the door to unlock once you have touched the button on the door handle. Either your drivers door or all your doors will unlock, depending on which mode you have selected in your door-lock and unlock setup menu. The only way to unlock your door(s) sooner is to manually use your Key-Fob.

On exit I have my SRX set so that all my doors will automatically lock and cherp after approx. 10 seconds.

NJRonbo
02-05-13, 08:26 AM
On exit I have my SRX set so that all my doors will automatically lock and cherp after approx. 10 seconds.

Hi Marc!

Thanks for the reply.

I should set up my SRX so it does exactly what you describe.

My only fear (and perhaps you can clarify)....

Accidentally locking my key fob in the vehicle. Have had that happen several times in my 2010 SRX with auto-lock settings. Luckily OnStar got me back in. I would love to set my vehicle to automatically lock and chirp when I walk away, but I want to be absolutely certain that it won't do that if I accidentally leave my key fob in the vehicle.

300:29:1
02-05-13, 08:45 AM
Hi Marc!

Thanks for the reply.

I should set up my SRX so it does exactly what you describe.

My only fear (and perhaps you can clarify)....

Accidentally locking my key fob in the vehicle. Have had that happen several times in my 2010 SRX with auto-lock settings. Luckily OnStar got me back in. I would love to set my vehicle to automatically lock and chirp when I walk away, but I want to be absolutely certain that it won't do that if I accidentally leave my key fob in the vehicle.

I didn't think the doors would auto lock if the remote was left in the vehicle. Alternatively, you could use the OnStar remote app on your smartphone to unlock to the doors instead of the using the fob.

NJRonbo
02-05-13, 08:47 AM
you could use the OnStar remote app on your smartphone to unlock to the doors instead of the using the fob.

I take it that app only works as long as you remain an OnStar subscriber?

Marc NY
02-05-13, 09:03 AM
I take it that app only works as long as you remain an OnStar subscriber?Yes that is correct, you have one free year of OnStar then you will need to continue with at least the basic OnStar package to continue to use your phone app to unlock and or start your SRX.

If you leave your keys in the SRX it will send out a series of quick rapid "cherps" to let you know that your keys were left inside the SRX.

cy.hughe
09-16-14, 01:00 PM
How do you set the automatic lock........
__________________________________________________ ____________

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. please update your profiloe to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ? CF Staff

300:29:1
09-17-14, 10:17 AM
How do you set the automatic lock........ __________________________________________________ ____________ Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. please update your profiloe to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ? CF Staff
It's in the settings on my 2012. Look under power door locks I think. Also consult the manual as this can be confusing. I believe it's called passive locking. I've had mine set to auto lock all doors after the last door is closed when leaving the vehicle since day 1. It's a great feature IMO. I don't use the chirp confirmation feedback like Marc, but DO use the 3 beep warning for remote left in vehicle. I've never locked my remote inside, but have heard the reminder from time to time. When I drive my wife's car I have to remember to lock her doors using the fob. So much work. LOL

georule
09-17-14, 11:15 AM
If you leave the fob inside warning on, then the car will chirp at you if you close the door with the fob inside.

I actually turned that warning off, because leaving the fob inside isn't one of my things, and because when my wife is in the car with her fob in her purse (this usually happened at gas stations when I got out of the car to fill it up and she stayed inside) it'd chirp then, and I found that more annoying than the added safety of having it chirp (since leaving my fob in the car isn't one of my things).

ngrigoriev
09-18-14, 12:56 PM
Is there a way, with keyfob in your pocket, that SRX doors will
having to touch the door handle?

Passive lock can lock it. By the way, I have just discovered another stupidity in SRX design. Passive lock can and will lock your keys in the car. This is totally silly. I have parked at the gas station, my wife was in the car with her fob in her purse. I had my fob with me. I've left the car to put some gas in it and the car has got locked automatically. Thus, if I have left the only set of keys in the car then it would be a challenge to get back in ;) I think this is exactly the case when the it should honk instead of locking itself....

NJRonbo
09-18-14, 01:07 PM
Passive lock can lock it. By the way, I have just discovered another stupidity in SRX design. Passive lock can and will lock your keys in the car. This is totally silly. I have parked at the gas station, my wife was in the car with her fob in her purse. I had my fob with me. I've left the car to put some gas in it and the car has got locked automatically. Thus, if I have left the only set of keys in the car then it would be a challenge to get back in ;) I think this is exactly the case when the it should honk instead of locking itself....

Yup.

Can't tell you how many times I locked my key fob in my 2010 SRX. The door would just lock.