: ATS and SD Card Capacity

isakhanyan
02-04-13, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know the max capacity the ATS sd slot will handle?

I want to get a 64GB but I am not sure it will be able to read it.

Thanks.

Bertha D Blues
02-05-13, 07:53 AM
danscrim reported in another thread, "Playing Video", that a 64GB card with NTFS format works. Bert

Yplus
02-05-13, 08:19 AM
I wasn't able to get one to work. I can't format NTFS (Mac guy here) and it didn't take exFAT or JFS. 32GB with exFAT works fine, but I have 38GB of music :(

isakhanyan
02-05-13, 11:58 AM
I just order a 64GB MicroSD card with the adapater (class 10). I am expecting my car next week, ill let you guys know how it goes.

mikesul
02-05-13, 02:33 PM
I understand you also can use a USB memory stick to do the same thing. Is this correct?

danscrim
02-05-13, 03:44 PM
I just order a 64GB MicroSD card with the adapater (class 10). I am expecting my car next week, ill let you guys know how it goes.

This is what I ordered. It didn't work out of the box (formatted as exFAT). I formatted as NTFS and put on about 40 GB of music. Didn't work. I tried an old microSD -> SD adapter (not the one that came with the 64 GB card) and it worked! So that's what I've been using ever since with no problems!

isakhanyan
02-05-13, 04:14 PM
This is what I ordered. It didn't work out of the box (formatted as exFAT). I formatted as NTFS and put on about 40 GB of music. Didn't work. I tried an old microSD -> SD adapter (not the one that came with the 64 GB card) and it worked! So that's what I've been using ever since with no problems!

I am surprised that the adapter itself had anything to do with it working.

this is what I ordered - SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10, pretty good price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886007-REG/SanDisk_sdsdqui_064g_a11_64GB_microSDXC_Memory_Car d.html

danscrim
02-05-13, 04:46 PM
I am surprised that the adapter itself had anything to do with it working.

this is what I ordered - SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10, pretty good price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886007-REG/SanDisk_sdsdqui_064g_a11_64GB_microSDXC_Memory_Car d.html

Ordered that exact same thing. I also was surprised. I toggled them back and forth a couple times and couldn't get the new adapter to work. Although it worked in my computer. Very weird. I'm not saying it's going to happen to everyone... just something to look out for.

isakhanyan
02-05-13, 05:17 PM
Ordered that exact same thing. I also was surprised. I toggled them back and forth a couple times and couldn't get the new adapter to work. Although it worked in my computer. Very weird. I'm not saying it's going to happen to everyone... just something to look out for.

I wonder what would happen if the SD card had multiple partitions. Would it recognize two 32GB partitions from a 64GB card.

stangs2
02-05-13, 09:13 PM
And I thought I knew all about the ATS - where is the SD card slot? Please no abuse :cookoo:

danscrim
02-05-13, 09:26 PM
And I thought I knew all about the ATS - where is the SD card slot? Please no abuse :cookoo:

Haha, no worries. It's in the center console next to the two USB ports and headphone jack. I have no idea if it's included on non-CUE models.

stangs2
02-05-13, 09:29 PM
I have spent tons of time with the CUE but not digging around much in the console. Thanks for the quick reply.

Yplus
02-06-13, 02:54 PM
I wonder what would happen if the SD card had multiple partitions. Would it recognize two 32GB partitions from a 64GB card.

Hmm. Interesting idea. I assume they have a Linux kernel, so in principle it should find both devices...

isakhanyan
02-07-13, 10:42 AM
Hmm. Interesting idea. I assume they have a Linux kernel, so in principle it should find both devices...

I do remember reading that cue is linux based. I won't be able to provide answers until I get the car.

What I'm curious about is how large is the internal memory of the cue system?

sqkid89
02-09-13, 06:35 PM
I understand you also can use a USB memory stick to do the same thing. Is this correct?

I've got a 32 gig usb drive mounted behind the radio face that stays in the car. Plenty of music for my driving. If I need more, my phone is always on me and connected via bluetooth

isakhanyan
03-02-13, 12:25 AM
As I said once I get the car I will let you guys know what is necessary to get your ad card working properly. I am using a 64GB SD card, which the system will recognize no problem. All you need to do I format it to NTFS

Hoosier Daddy
03-02-13, 10:08 AM

As I said once I get the car I will let you guys know what is necessary to get your ad card working properly. I am using a 64GB SD card, which the system will recognize no problem. All you need to do I format it to NTFS
I was waiting for your follow up post because it was possible a MicroSD with adapter might NOT work. I've had problems with a few adapters in other applications because they did more than just connect the "pins". That was years ago, so maybe nobody does that anymore. But just in case, can you post the brand adapter you are using?

isakhanyan
03-03-13, 01:12 AM
I was waiting for your follow up post because it was possible a MicroSD with adapter might NOT work. I've had problems with a few adapters in other applications because they did more than just connect the "pins". That was years ago, so maybe nobody does that anymore. But just in case, can you post the brand adapter you are using?

This is the one I use

Hoosier Daddy
03-03-13, 08:47 AM
Thanks!

percy615
04-29-13, 12:02 PM
It will take a 128gb SD card as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BZRXK2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hoosier Daddy
04-29-13, 12:25 PM
It will take a 128gb SD card as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BZRXK2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you successfully used a 128GB card? I ask because the software can impose its own limits. I had a car that couldn't use over 16GB because that was all the software was designed to handle.

I'm interested for educational purposes only because there probably isn't even 64GB of music in the universe that I would buy or care to listen to. ;)

gmesam
05-02-13, 04:01 PM
I have a non-CUE ATS. It has the SD slot in the arm rest console.

Sometimes I couldn't get the system to recognize a device (usb or SD). Turning the car off and back on with the device installed got it to work.