: tach wire for remote start

lcavalier
02-04-13, 02:56 PM
im installing an after market viper alarm with remote start and im having issues finding the tach wire at the ecm. can i grab this wire anywhere else?

ewired
02-04-13, 03:08 PM
Tach is thru the databus at the ECM. You can go to the PCM under the hood or to any fuel injector at the rail.

PCM, green plug, pin 10. The PCM is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud.

Any fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT pink.

You can go to the coil as well. When you look at two of the coils, all of the wires are the same color but one. You could use the wire that is different.

If the viper is new enough you could just use the virtual tach. It senses voltage. I do prefer to use a tach wire, a lot less issues with remote start but virtual is nice when you can't get a tach wire.

G/L

lcavalier
02-04-13, 03:15 PM
ok, thanks. im use to using a wire at the injectors but im trying to do as the instruction say to do. and i tried the virtual tach and couldnt get it to work.

ewired
02-04-13, 04:05 PM
Depending on your bypass module, it might have a tach wire available thru databus. What brand bypass?

lcavalier
02-04-13, 05:56 PM
xpress db all

caddysuv
02-04-13, 08:29 PM
I couldn't find the tach wire on my Viper 5901 remote start install so I just went voltage sense (virtual tach) as ewired mentioned. Its been working like a charm since I installed it last year

wesyder
02-04-13, 08:34 PM
I couldn't find the tach wire on my Viper 5901 remote start install so I just went voltage sense (virtual tach) as ewired mentioned. Its been working like a charm since I installed it last year

Those of you that have the xpress kit installed are you using the window rollup feature or are you even aware of it

lcavalier
02-05-13, 02:51 AM
I'm using the window roll up feature. Everything works but the remote start and starter kill.

wesyder
02-05-13, 12:20 PM
I'm using the window roll up feature. Everything works but the remote start and starter kill.

Ok jus wanted to make sure people knew about it... With the xpress kit its jus one extra relay to add the window rollup feature.... Do you know whats causing the other features not to work, i am an installer on the side and have access to DEI techconnect, i can try to help without seeing to the best of my ability

lcavalier
02-06-13, 04:05 AM
I think it's a faulty unit.

----------

The fault I get is 7 flashes. mts not enabled or timer start or smart start command.

----------

But that has nothing to do with the starter kill . I'm not getting any power from the brain when I turn the key

wesyder
02-07-13, 08:25 AM
I think it's a faulty unit.

----------

The fault I get is 7 flashes. mts not enabled or timer start or smart start command.

----------

But that has nothing to do with the starter kill . I'm not getting any power from the brain when I turn the key

I think out of the box the default is manual for transmission mode have you tried programming that to automatic.... jus for the remote start concern

ewired
02-07-13, 09:57 AM
I think out of the box the default is manual for transmission mode have you tried programming that to automatic.... jus for the remote start concern

You are correct. If he/she didn't go thru the programming via the command center or BitWriter your remote start will not work.

lcavalier
02-07-13, 11:43 AM
I had the unit programmed to to my vehicle. As far as programming coding the alarm i cant get it put of mts mode.

ewired
02-07-13, 04:02 PM
I had the unit programmed to to my vehicle. As far as programming coding the alarm i cant get it put of mts mode.

You have to get the Viper out of Manual Transmission mode via the programming menu or BitWriter. Once you have it programmed for automatic transmission, Learn the tach and you should be good to go. Assuming you have all the correct wire locations and safety switches hooked up.

lcavalier
02-11-13, 03:49 AM
Everything is hooked up correctly and I still can't get the program out of MTS mode. Menu 3 option 1 and hit the unlock on the remote pad but nothing.

ewired
02-11-13, 08:23 PM
3/1

Door open>Ign on/off>Press control button and hold until 3 flashes/beeps>release button>press/release>press/hold>unlock button on remote.

lcavalier
02-11-13, 09:43 PM
Ok. I figured out the problem with my alarm. I painstakingly went from wire to wire disconnecting and connecting totroubleshoot the start kill and the starter kill works correctly when the pink ignition wire is disconnected. So does this mean my unit is bad???

ewired
02-11-13, 10:47 PM
Well when putting the last two post from you together, if the pink wire is sensing 12v, it will not go into the programming mode to get the unit out of MT.

Where did you connect the pink wire to?

Where is the black/white neutral safety wire connected?

Where is the gray hood shutdown wire connected to?

lcavalier
02-12-13, 06:31 AM
Pink wire to pink wire. ignition 1. Age i have a good connection, so there is 12 volts .going into the uni from the vehicle

ewired
02-12-13, 09:55 AM
...I assume your at the Ign harness to the lower left of the column. Double check voltage with key off.
What do you have?

lcavalier
02-13-13, 09:14 AM
yes! at the harness, and there is no power in the off position. neutral safety is grounded, hood pin is connected under the hoods with it shut and it set up correctly. there is no reason for the h3/1 pink wire connected correctly(the ignition harness at the column) effect the starter kill!