: Keyfob Help

caddyshac
02-03-13, 08:16 PM
Hello,
I just purchased a 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury with Nav. I'm having a hard time with the memory (seats, mirrors). I adjust my seat and everything and then press the memory for 1 and do the same for 2 (each with a different remote). For some reasons it always go back to Memory one. No matter which remote I use. It seems I have 2 number 1 remotes. Any help or advice will be grateful.

warnercc
02-04-13, 11:57 AM
The Keyfob's are not associated with the memory buttons on the seat. As stated in the Owner's Manual, the car will remember the various memory settings for that particular fob each time the car is shut off. The memory buttons are for manual recall of the memory positions only. In reality, you have 4 memory setting and not two. You have two memory settings that are associated with the buttons on the seat and you have a memory setting that is associated with each remote that is remembered automatically by the car and requires no interaction from the driver as with other types of cars. In other words, that the remote that you will be using and start and drive the car. Make adjustments to the seat position, mirrors, etc and then shut off the car. The car will remember these settings automatically for the next time you drive the car with that fob. You don't have to do anything with the memory buttons on the seat at all.