: Mud flaps / splash guards

mikeokeefe
11-15-07, 07:07 PM
Per request - here are some pix of the splash guards from my '08. dealer threw them in after I made clear I wasn't interested in paying for them.

mike

mikeokeefe
11-15-07, 07:12 PM
and one more pic.

Bathel
11-15-07, 09:16 PM
What ... you didn't want to pay the extra 125 dollars for those steller splash guards?

I still haven't figured out why dealers try to con people into paying for these things. They put them on and think you just say ok. I guess some people do...

Jon
11-15-07, 09:20 PM
Any chance on a pic of the whole car with them on? :)

mikeokeefe
11-15-07, 09:23 PM
Car is the black '08 on page 20 of the car pix. that's where the request for the splash guard pix came from:)

Jon
11-15-07, 09:24 PM
Car is the black '08 on page 20 of the car pix. that's where the request for the splash guard pix came from:)
Heading there now!

Cadillac Tony
11-16-07, 10:14 AM
What ... you didn't want to pay the extra 125 dollars for those steller splash guards?

I still haven't figured out why dealers try to con people into paying for these things. They put them on and think you just say ok. I guess some people do...

The same reason they offer you a surge protector, extended warranty, Monster Cables, etc, when you buy a big screen TV. People making a large purchase tend to want a little extra protection, and $125 isn't too bad a price for those considering they have to pay for the parts and a mechanic to take all 4 wheels off and install them.

I don't mind the look of those at all- they're a lot more subtle than some I've seen.

Zymurgy
11-16-07, 11:14 AM
Thanks. I requested the photos and appreciate you taking the time to take them and post them.

mikeokeefe
11-16-07, 02:42 PM
No problem, Zymurgy, Glad I was able to contirbute.

Cadillac tony, I understand the cost and actually like the splash guards; I just don't like having much of a choice when I find a car on the lot that I really like, as in the case of my CTS. As it was I ended up with a spoiler that is nice but more $$$ than I would have preferred to spend. Add-ons are ok as long as you can agree.

FYI, I picked my baby up in Ocala!

Mike

malcolm
11-16-07, 08:09 PM
What, no curb feelers with those mud flaps?

mikeokeefe
11-18-07, 11:39 AM
no need. no curbs by my house, and I don't belives in parallel parking. Besides, I don't want to be recognized in my old 'hood! :thumbsup:

benavidez
12-04-07, 04:21 AM
Has anyone added splash guards? If so, are you happy with how they look on the car.

pimpdeville
12-04-07, 06:35 AM
search a couple pages back. this was discussed about a month ago, and pics were included.

Alpet
12-04-07, 06:57 PM
I tried to order splash guards, but the dealership said to wait awhile in case they design MOLDED splash guards

malcolm
12-04-07, 08:26 PM
My dealer just mailed me a postcard with some options, winter mats and splash guards and the optional 18 polished wheels. I'll pass. The card appears to be a GM card and not just a local dealer item.

Black08CTS
12-06-07, 01:40 AM
It appears the molded splash guards are now available...

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Cadillac&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=CTS&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Splash%20Guards%20-%20Molded&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Southern
12-06-07, 04:56 PM
The picture doesn't show an 08..........maybe there is no difference?

mikeokeefe
12-07-07, 06:52 AM
My 08 came with splash guards, and I think they look extremely good on my black car. I have pictures in an earlier thread. Search for Splach guards.

NOT ON MY WATCH
12-28-07, 01:53 PM
I'm interested in getting molded splash guards. I want to protect my car's paint and also avoid having to wash it so often when the dirt is mostly what's spun up from wet roads. I am already not liking the black water spots I get - mostly low on the front doors, not too bad on the rear end.

The black splash guards look great on a black car, but I have the light platinum exterior and I think it'll probably look like crap. Anybody else have splash guards on something other than a dark colored (black/blue/cherry) car? Any idea if they will make splash guards in other colors?

Otherwise do you think it would be practical to have a shop paint the splash guards with matching paint or a similar paint color? From others posts, I recall seeing something like $400.00 minimum for the matching paint. Add the price of the splash guards and you can buy a lot of car washes with that kind of money.

Alpet
12-28-07, 02:52 PM
It appears the molded splash guards are now available...

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Cadillac&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=CTS&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Splash%20Guards%20-%20Molded&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Thanks, black08cts----i've been hunting for these.

acuraman
12-28-07, 06:44 PM
deleted

MoFex
12-28-07, 09:18 PM
I purchased the black guards from the dealer. It took me 30 minutes to install on my White Diamond. They look good, almost invisible. Somehow they blend in with the tires. I like them as they do the job...

Loveldos
12-29-07, 12:43 PM
I purchased the black guards from the dealer. It took me 30 minutes to install on my White Diamond. They look good, almost invisible. Somehow they blend in with the tires. I like them as they do the job...

Picture(s) appreciated!:hmm: Trying to decide whether to add these. . .

rebelduke
12-29-07, 02:48 PM
I purchased the black guards from the dealer. It took me 30 minutes to install on my White Diamond. They look good, almost invisible. Somehow they blend in with the tires. I like them as they do the job... Did you have to remove the tires to install?

MoFex
12-29-07, 10:15 PM
No. But I needed to lift the front of the car maybe 3 inches...the car is just too low :)

rebelduke
12-30-07, 06:39 PM
No. But I needed to lift the front of the car maybe 3 inches...the car is just too low :)Now you've got me wondering! I have a set on order. I assumed they installed with screws into the wheelwell. Why would you have to lift the front of the car?

MoFex
12-30-07, 08:03 PM
Now you've got me wondering! I have a set on order. I assumed they installed with screws into the wheelwell. Why would you have to lift the front of the car?

A small hole for a screw need to be drilled from the bottom of wheel wells, as my cordless drill was too big I had to lift the front of the car. The back was OK.

Photos - I am down South in the Southern country, will post pics when I gat back home in a few days time.......

Loveldos
12-30-07, 09:06 PM
Thank you. . . I'm looking forward to seeing them on a White Diamond.

lordbaby
12-31-07, 08:41 AM
pictures?

MoFex
12-31-07, 04:24 PM
Homer,
tell them how do they look on White Diamond, you've seen them....:)

I will post photos when I get back home....

Southern
12-31-07, 05:01 PM
Hey they look like they belong.
I was concerned about how the black would go with the white, but at the annual meeting of the Lake Lanier/SWFlorida CTS owners group (Me and Mofex) it looked like it came from the factory that way.
They blended in with the Wheel Well and tire.

MoFex
01-02-08, 08:48 PM
A few photos of back mud guards on white diamond. Sorry for the dirty car but the photos were taken after 1.600 miles trip some of it in the rain.
You will see that they are blending quite OK with tires and wheel wells...

Loveldos
01-02-08, 11:57 PM
MoFex: Abundant "thank yous" for the great pictures. The molded mud guards look good--very well integrated to the design of the car. These particular ones blend-in well to the overall vehicle. Thank you for the nice pictures & Happy New Year--hope '08 will be GREAT!

cptfun
01-03-08, 09:33 AM
I just took delivery of a loaded Black Raven CTS and the splash guards look awesome on the vehicle.

technoweenie
01-08-08, 03:12 PM
Are they only available in black?

Silver Dollar
01-08-08, 03:45 PM
They have this sweet set on ebay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yosemite-Sam-Back-Off-Splash-Mud-Guard-Guards-Flaps_W0QQitemZ330199212516QQcmdZViewItem

MoFex
01-08-08, 04:02 PM
Are they only available in black?

I believe so....

72_Fleetwood
02-29-08, 01:11 PM
anyone have pictures or can tell me how the splash guards look with the crystal red tint coat?

NJRonbo
02-29-08, 01:20 PM
I am also interested in splash guards with the crystal red.

So, am I to presume that even on a loaded CTS with every
available luxury option that splash guards are not included?

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-29-08, 01:29 PM
So, am I to presume that even on a loaded CTS with every available luxury option that splash guards are not included?

Not included. Same goes for spoiler and other things considered by Cadillac to be "accessories".

Obviously different mfrs. have different options available, determine how those options can be sold (individually vs. various packages), and whether certain items will be factory options or dealer-installed accessories.

Donzoni
05-28-08, 08:00 AM
Tks Mike...

CTSing
05-28-08, 09:52 AM
Thanks for posting the pics and noting where the entire car pics are. I am debating whether to order them with my 09. Occasionally I have to go down a dirt road or two - might be worth it so that I don't have to "tip toe" down those roads as much.

CTSing
08-07-08, 10:03 AM
I finally got down to the dealership to get my CTS mud flaps on. Per previous requests in other threads, attached are the pics. They will serve their purpose - nothing spectacular. There is more to them than what I expected. I expected a flat piece of rubber with a little bit of texture. These actually have a embossed "CTS" on them and they are molded to the shape of the front and rear fenders and wrap around the fender a little - so the fronts are different than the backs. I am not sure on the wheel side design though. There is a cavity in the mold that looks like it is designed to channel the water under the car instead of under the flap or to the outboard side (it is not a flat surface). That will probably work ok for the water/rain, but we will see what it does with the snow. BTW - what looks like marks on the paint in the close up is just dust that collected on the fender behind the wheel. The first post of a CTS with even dust on it! Sorry ... :) It was dusk out when I took the photos so they are a little dark, but the sunny day shots would not show the dark black mud flaps too well in the contrast.

Cost = $150 installed. A CTS dealer accessory item.

finallystylin
08-07-08, 05:16 PM
I am going to try to put mine on this weekend. I hope there is not much to it b/c I don't want to waste time and $ having the dealer do it.

Workaholic
08-07-08, 05:23 PM
Do the front ones show CTS or just the back.
the ones my dealer has ($69.40 installed for each pair) only shows CTS on the back pair.

BamaCaddy08
08-07-08, 08:56 PM
You hardly notice them at all. Looks nice.

CTSing
08-08-08, 09:43 AM
Do the front ones show CTS or just the back.

The embossed "CTS" is only on the rear flaps

peddler
08-08-08, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the great pictures. Ordering the flaps today.

Workaholic
08-08-08, 12:57 PM
Money has no value if one can't use it to inspire envy in your fellow man ~ Author unknown

NICE!! LOL

lewisforjesus
08-11-08, 12:36 PM
Wonder how they would look on the White Diamond ? They look good on your car for sure.

Lewis

peddler
08-11-08, 06:00 PM
Picked up my mud flaps for my '08 CTS today at the local GM dealer. Not sure if they billed enough, though.

Part #'s 17802089 and 17802090. They were $32.32 for the front and the same $$ for the rear. Just the rear has the embossed 'CTS' on them. They look surprisingly well made for such little $$. Will install tomorrow evening.

Curious if anyone here lightly pressure washes underneath their vehicles? Wife and girlfriend both think that's being fanatical, but I don't. Have a hoist in my shop, so I'm going to do that on a regular basis :)

lavaman
08-28-08, 11:08 AM
Picked up my mud flaps for my '08 CTS today at the local GM dealer. Not sure if they billed enough, though.

Part #'s 17802089 and 17802090. They were $32.32 for the front and the same $$ for the rear. Just the rear has the embossed 'CTS' on them. They look surprisingly well made for such little $$. Will install tomorrow evening.

Curious if anyone here lightly pressure washes underneath their vehicles? Wife and girlfriend both think that's being fanatical, but I don't. Have a hoist in my shop, so I'm going to do that on a regular basis :)

Just curious...... Do both your wife and girlfriend know about each other?? :hmm:

lewisforjesus
08-28-08, 06:20 PM
Just curious...... Do both your wife and girlfriend know about each other?? :hmm:

:hmm::confused: Sorry, not really any of my business.

lordbaby
08-28-08, 07:01 PM

peddler
08-28-08, 07:13 PM

Absolutely. Actually, my current wife is a woman that divorced me and then we remarried 15 years or so later. The G/F is a women I met when I was divorced and was with for many years. Probably our age helps the unique relationship, as we are far past that jealousy stage.

lavaman
08-29-08, 09:32 AM
Absolutely. Actually, my current wife is a woman that divorced me and then we remarried 15 years or so later. The G/F is a women I met when I was divorced and was with for many years. Probably our age helps the unique relationship, as we are far past that jealousy stage.

I certainly was expecting a different response from you. I thought you meant to say in the original post that the G/F was your wifes friend.:canttalk:

That is a very unique relationship.

dubeiram
08-29-08, 09:37 AM

wow that is cheap.. did you get them thru the internet and if so what site did you buy them?? I paid closer to $40.. I put them on and was pretty easy but on an earlier post someone said they got the dealer to do it for $69.40 a pair that is a very good price as well...

peddler
08-29-08, 01:48 PM
wow that is cheap.. did you get them thru the internet and if so what site did you buy them?? I paid closer to $40.. I put them on and was pretty easy but on an earlier post someone said they got the dealer to do it for $69.40 a pair that is a very good price as well...

Bought them at Mertin Cadillac in Chilliwack, BC. Going to install tomorrow now that I have some free time.

DMill
08-31-08, 09:11 PM
I'm not a fan of splashguards, but the ones shown do not look too bad. IF I ever get my CTS (I'm currently a "CTS wannabie"), I would get the clear vinyl material made by 3M for paint protection. I have this on my BMW Mcoupe and the front end has remained chip free in the 9 years I've owned the car. My brother has it on his C6 Z06 (also had it on his Superformance Cobra) and several of my friends in the local Puget Sound BMW club have it on their cars. It would be fairly simple for an experience installed to custom fit the pieces needed to protect behind the wheels of your CTS. The material, often called "Invisible Bra" goes by several names, including StonGuard, Invishield, Xpel, and DynaShield ... all using the same 3M material. For a related discussion, do a Google on any of the above product names.

cts_mark
09-14-08, 08:50 PM
FYI. Anybody who wants to do this themselves can get them at

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

part number as identified above are:

Front - 17802089
Rear - 17802090

Price is $35.67 per set plus shipping.

I put the GM ones on my Avalanche, I had to take the back tires off but the front tires I was able to do by turining the wheels, not sure if it will be that easy on the CTS but I will most likely try.

Note: I do not endorse or work for GM Parts Direct, I heard of them from the Avalanche site I used to belong to and I've bought stuff from them before.

-Mark

cts_mark
09-16-08, 06:45 AM
anybody put these on themselves? I am going to be getting them and I'm just wondering if there are any surprises that I should be aware of.

Thanks,
-Mark

StormCaddy
09-16-08, 02:21 PM
anybody put these on themselves? I am going to be getting them and I'm just wondering if there are any surprises that I should be aware of.

Thanks,
-Mark

Hey Mark. It just takes a few minutes each to install. The only problem I had was drilling the bottom holes on the fronts - my drill is too tall to make it under the fender to pop the hole, so I need to lift it a couple of inches or get a smaller drill. Other than that it was a breeze.

cts_mark
09-16-08, 02:36 PM
Hey Mark. It just takes a few minutes each to install. The only problem I had was drilling the bottom holes on the fronts - my drill is too tall to make it under the fender to pop the hole, so I need to lift it a couple of inches or get a smaller drill. Other than that it was a breeze.

Thanks for the info.

Did you have to remove the rear tires? When I put mudflaps on my Avalanche I had to remove the rear tires to get the drill in there, the fronts I just turned the wheel.

Do you have to drill into the sheet metal or just plastic?

Thanks again.

-Mark

StormCaddy
09-16-08, 06:24 PM
Hey Mark, No wheels have to come off. On the rears, you drill a hole in the fascia's bottom, so that's plastic. On the fronts there's a hole in the wheel wells thats through metal (thin!) and one on the bottom through metal too; that's the one I couldn't get the drill to yet.

On the fronts you just have to turn the wheels all the way left and right to get a screwdriver in there unless you have a little stubby philips.

MoFex
09-16-08, 07:53 PM
As StormCaddy said, in addition I used a floor jack to rise the car 4" or soo. This gave me enough room to drill all the holes...easy task...

cts_mark
09-16-08, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I'll be doing this on Friday.

-Mark

tumblrCTS
11-02-10, 03:33 PM
i dont like these. imo

caddywagon
04-20-12, 02:29 PM
has anyone found mudgaurds that can be installed on a 2010 cts wagon?

EXPSD
06-16-12, 02:59 PM
I can not believe no one has a answer for this!

caddywagon
06-18-12, 12:49 PM
i am as surprised as you are

Jagillac
06-18-12, 02:35 PM
I saw a post on the site a while ago about someone who put mud guards on a sedan. I believe he said he got them from online. So maybe try google?

tinman
06-18-12, 03:45 PM
http://http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=cts+cadillac+mud+flaps (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=cts+cadillac+mud+flaps)

tinman
06-18-12, 03:47 PM
I make no claims on the fit of these parts. Remember, Google is your friend...

akamai43
02-03-13, 10:28 AM
I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so what I did was paint them to match the color of the car ( Black diamond tricoat ) and they turned out the exact same color of the car and they look great on the car. They look like they are part of the body style.

Anyway I took them off to see if I could make it a little different and wanted to post a couple of pictures to get some feedback.

One is without the cadillac symbol and the other with it to see which way I should go.

Let me know what you think, with the symbol or without or place it in a different place on the splash guard. Once I get some ideas and if I leave it on it, I will add a few more clear costs over the symbol.

Thanks,
Tom

C "T" ess
02-03-13, 11:32 AM
My opinion is in favor of without. I think the emblem draws too much attention to a piece you are trying to blend and not noticeable.

akamai43
02-03-13, 11:36 AM
Thanks, that's what I was thinking after looking it in the pictures. When I first placed it on there, I thought it looked good but after taking the pictures, I see what you mean.

Thanks

jimmie jam
02-04-13, 09:26 AM
Leaving the emblem draws attention. Don't do it, my opinion. You need flaps in Cali???

akamai43
02-04-13, 07:36 PM
LOL... I know what you mean about living in California but this year has been raining a lot and I keep washing the car 2 to 3 times a week just to keep the mud off the car.
Plus there is a lot of construction going on around home and work with water and mud so of course with my luck, I drive through it almost every day and when I get to work and see the sides of the car, I just want to wash it then but I have to wait until after work.

danoh123
02-05-13, 06:43 AM
I know most of you don't like mud flaps / splash guards but I still wanted to try them so what I did was paint them to match the color of the car ( Black diamond tricoat ) and they turned out the exact same color of the car and they look great on the car. They look like they are part of the body style.

Anyway I took them off to see if I could make it a little different and wanted to post a couple of pictures to get some feedback.

One is without the cadillac symbol and the other with it to see which way I should go.

Let me know what you think, with the symbol or without or place it in a different place on the splash guard. Once I get some ideas and if I leave it on it, I will add a few more clear costs over the symbol.

Thanks,
Tom

Where did you buy them? I could not locate a pair any where

Cadillacbrit
02-05-13, 10:23 AM
Here, in the UK splash guards, or mud flaps, as they are known here are really necessary in the rural areas. I got mine from our one and only Cadillac dealer in Manchester.
GM Part 17802090 rear
GM Part 17802089 front.

akamai43
02-05-13, 07:05 PM
That's the same part numbers here also

GMJim
02-05-13, 07:58 PM
So you are saying, that splash guards that claim to fit 2008-9 only, fit your 13?

My vote, w/o emblem.

akamai43
02-05-13, 09:23 PM
Yes, they fit perfect.

----------

Yes, they fit perfect.

I had them installed but took them off to paint and as soon as I get them back on, I'll post a pic.

----------

[QUOTE="akamai43"]Yes, they fit perfect.
I had them installed but took them off to paint and as soon as I get them back on, I'll post a pic.

----------

After thinking about it, when I go to put them back on, I'll double check to make sure the dealer didn't drill new holes to make them fit. I know for sure the rear one s fit perfect, when I got to the front, it was getting dark outside so I removed the screws in the dark.

KBsCTS
02-06-13, 07:12 AM
these for a coupe or sedan, or in UK Saloon :)

Cadillacbrit
02-06-13, 09:56 AM
these for a coupe or sedan, or in UK Saloon :)

They are for the sedan. The coupe only comes in LHD build, a shame because I would love one.

akamai43
02-06-13, 10:47 AM
I spoke to the mech that installed mine and he said he had to trim the front ones to make them fit but the rear he didn't have to trim.
He did a professional job because I couldn't tell they were cut.
I just hope I get the front ones back on the same way because it is a tight fit. If not, I'll just have him put the front back on.

FFin90
02-06-13, 02:18 PM
I would like to do this myself. I will await your photos with them back on your car to see what they look like on the car.

HurstGN
02-07-13, 12:22 PM
I'd go without the emblems. Do you have pics of when they were on the car? I'd really like to see how they looked on the car.

akamai43
02-07-13, 08:30 PM
No I didn't take any pics before but I should be able to get them back on this weekend so I will post pics then.

HurstGN
02-08-13, 12:12 PM
Cool. I'm looking at these, I'd just like to see them on a car before I pull the trigger on a purchase.

danoh123
02-09-13, 10:21 PM
Local dealer and ebay says the part numbers on this tread does not fit 2010 sedan. Can't figure why they would not fit

akamai43
02-10-13, 10:49 AM
The only thing that needs to be modified is the front to allow for the rocker panels. It looks like he removed about an inch so he didn't have to drill new holes.
I didn't get them back on yet due to knee problems making it a little difficult to get down that low. I'm still going to try even though I'll pay the price with a night of pain.

jimmie jam
02-14-13, 03:47 PM
Local dealer and ebay says the part numbers on this tread does not fit 2010 sedan. Can't figure why they would not fit

Didn't the rocker configuration change in 10 or 11?

akamai43
02-20-13, 12:54 PM
I finally was able to get them back on the car. I think I should have gone darker with the color but it'll have to do for now.

gggoodgggirl
02-26-13, 11:45 AM
I am 10 days into owning my 2013 CTS Coupe, and I am now realizing that I need to get mud flaps installed. On my last car (Honda Accord Coupe) I had molded mud flaps installed by Ziebart, and they did a really nice job for about $120.

Can anyone offer advice or a recommendation on whether I should get this done by the dealer, by Ziebart, or another resource? I do not want the installation of mud flaps to interfere with the beauty of my car :)

xCCTer
02-26-13, 04:20 PM
I put the OEM Cadillac moulded splash guards on my '08. Easy install and look great. Only the rear ones have the CTS logo on them.
I'm guessing there is a similar kit (Front and or Rear) from GM for 2013s.

akamai43
03-04-13, 07:18 PM
xltman, your mailbox is full.

I used part # 17802089 & 17802090.

The rear flaps fit perfect without any mods but the front has to be modified. If you mod it, you won't have to drill new holes.
I installed them on my 2013 CTS Premium.

They work great and just what I needed with all the construction going on around my business.

FFin90
03-04-13, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the pics, they look good!

akamai43
03-04-13, 09:03 PM
I'm going to repaint them to get the color to match the car. When I painted them, I was in a hurry to get them back on the car so I didn't take the time to make sure they matched the car black diamond tricoat.

danoh123
03-06-13, 10:58 PM
Why would there be no mud guard for 2010 CTS when other year models do?

danoh123
03-06-13, 11:03 PM
Why wouldn't splash or mud guard that are available for other year CTS not fit into 2010 CTS? How drastic would other year model be that they won't fit 2010 CTS?

GMJim
03-07-13, 06:44 AM
No guards for 2010, and on. Not just 2010.

Tbbt
03-08-13, 12:39 AM
As reported in other threads, my 2010 Premium AWD wagon has them and I don't see where they were modified (I bought used). They really do help and I would recommend trying them out! Mine look just like Akamai43 shown above. CTS molded into them, but no part number.

Tbbt
03-08-13, 12:41 AM
See my splash guard comments, they fit fine.

akamai43
03-09-13, 04:36 PM
Part # 17802090 & 17802080. I believe these are for 09 & 10.
I had to modify the front because mine is a 2013 with the side skirt. The rear fit perfect.

hootsik
04-03-13, 05:11 AM
akamai43

Really nice. Ill try do the same, but with white diamond.

akamai43
04-03-13, 06:37 PM
Don't forget to use SEM adhesion promoter before priming and painting. Otherwise it will flack off.

----------

Almost forgot, use SEM flex primer after SEM adhesion promoter.

danoh123
04-04-13, 07:28 AM
My local dealer said 2009 splash guard would fit BETTER so I'm going to take a risk even if they have to cut slightly or have small gap. Stay tuned.. Will post picture

danoh123
04-12-13, 06:02 AM
Hey folks, If you have 2010 CTS sedan model you know that Cadillac did NOT make mud flaps for that year model. If you research on the web and even if you find a web site that "sells" 2010 mud flap ... it aint true. Well, I wanted mud flap and took a gamble: installed 2009 year mud flap after consulting with the dealer. The dealer manager said there is a better shot that 2009 would fit better than 2011 year model. Here they are. 2009 rear mud flap fits perfect. 2009 front mud flap fit OK, but you can see a slight gap on top. I am fine with this gap.

Front ones has small gap on top, but OK

Rear one is perfect

HurstGN
04-17-13, 01:11 PM
I wonder if a little judicious heat gun action would allow you to bend that tip in a bit closer to minimize the gap.

Tbbt
04-17-13, 01:46 PM
I wonder if a little judicious heat gun action would allow you to bend that tip in a bit closer to minimize the gap.

I have these on my 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon and there is no fit issue at all. I think HurstGN may be correct about the heat gun treatment. Mine fit like they were made for my 2010.

Marv

akamai43
04-18-13, 09:35 PM
On your front flaps, the tab you installed the screw in must have been pushed back. You can fix it by bending the tab forward and reinstall the screw.
It happened to mine, I pushed a little hard while installing the screw so I opened it up and pulled the tab forward enough so the screw would be flush against it and the gap was gone.

danoh123
04-19-13, 08:17 AM
Great suggestions

jojags
06-05-13, 08:36 AM
I just bought a cts 2013 coupe. I would like to buy mud flaps for the front and back but can't seem to locate any. the dealer can't get them Can anyone help-please

GMJim
06-05-13, 10:11 AM
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. Thanks for contributing to Cadillac's best sales rise
since 1978.

search is your friend.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-appearance-mods/280975-splash-guards.html

maxxcad
08-03-13, 10:40 AM
Akami , Are the splash guards shown in the pictures the front or rear ? Thanks MAXXCAD

Thanks,
Tom

vegaspanton
08-03-13, 04:20 PM
Based on what I have read on this thread, I just ordered the front ones for my 2012 coupe. Despite the little piece of plastic installed by Cadillac on the forward portion of the rear fender bulge, the rock chips are starting to show up:mad: Hopefully the front splash guards will help minimize the chips. Do you think the rear ones will fit the rear of the coupe?

akamai43
08-03-13, 08:35 PM
Max, the pictures are the ones for the rear. The ones for the front, work really well but you need to modify them to actually fit but I like the way they turned out on the front.
The rear guards are just install and go.

Harley03joe
08-15-13, 02:16 AM
They Look Great, I'm Going To Get Them For My 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium.
Has Anyone Put A Rear Spoiler Wing On The CTS ?
Thanks
Harley03joe

Tbbt
08-15-13, 11:59 AM
harley03 joe,

Again, try eBay, but why would you want one?

Marv

Harley03joe
08-27-13, 04:25 PM
I Got My Mud Flaps At GmPartsDirect.com For My 2011 CTS V6
I Orded Part Number 17802089 Part Number 17802090 For 2009/2010
And They Fit Like A Glove , I'm Very Very Happy With The Perfect Fit, Pictures To Come
Enjoy
Harley03joe

Harley03joe
08-27-13, 04:28 PM
And They Fit Like A Glove , I'm Very Very Happy With The Perfect Fit, Pictures To Come
Enjoy
Harley03joe

Harley03joe
08-27-13, 04:30 PM
Enjoy
Harley03joe

Tbbt
08-27-13, 06:37 PM
there is no good reason to respond to a 4 month old thread. The information has already been furnished in other treads (found by searching)>

noel48
08-27-13, 06:38 PM
I would only install body colored flaps.

Harley03joe
08-27-13, 08:10 PM
OOPS Sorry

Tbbt
08-27-13, 08:42 PM
Let us know:rolleyes: when you find them!

Tbbt
08-27-13, 08:43 PM
No prob, just looks odd, and ???

Loveldos
08-27-13, 10:00 PM
I've never seen any mud flaps on a CTS Coupe. Although they would be practical, I thought I read on this forum before that they are only made for CTS Sedans? Keep us posted!

Harley03joe
09-03-13, 02:41 AM
harley03 joe,

Again, try eBay, but why would you want one?

Marv

Jusr For Looks I Guess

MBambo
12-17-13, 06:07 PM
Akami43,
What model of CTS do you have? The reason for the question is, I have The Premium model 2010 CTS AWD Sportswagon which may have a slightly different rocker panel shape from the Luxury or Performance models. Out of curiosity, I went down to the dealer to see if he had the 2009 splash guards in stock to check out the fit but no, they were available for $50 but had to be special ordered. If your fitting success with the 2009 splash guards was to a Premium model, I might go ahead and place an order for the rears. I hate getting all of the winter crud all over the rear.

Harley03joe,
Did you ever complete your intent to installing splash guards on you Premium 2012 CTS?

akamai43
12-19-13, 12:12 AM
I don't see why they wouldn't fit the 2009 model. I have the 2013 CTS Sedan RWD Premium and when I bought them, it came with instructions that showed the years they fit and 2009 was part of the list. It didn't say any specifics like luxury, performance etc.

vaven2006
12-20-13, 02:53 AM
That set of mud flaps on a sedan coupe, they come with a little refinement169770

vaven2006
12-20-13, 02:54 AM

vaven2006
12-20-13, 02:55 AM

vaven2006
12-21-13, 03:49 AM
Mud flaps installed on the coupe from the sedan in 2013169898

vaven2006
12-21-13, 03:51 AM

MBambo
12-25-13, 07:19 PM
I just installed rear splash guards on my 2010 CTS Wagon. The are a perfect fit with exception of the fastener hole alignment. You have to drill three new holes for each splash guard after removing the original fixture tabs.
It will require removing the wheel for access to drill and install the screws. Process took me one hour to install the two guards. Purchsed GM part # 17802090 for $45 with free shipping on Ebay. The splash guards only come in black and my car is white. Since they are close proximity to the tires, black doesn't look bad on a white car.

CTSPiper
12-29-13, 02:21 AM
Thanks Forum members for this valuable discussion and resource. I just took ownership of a 2010 CTS4 Sport Wagon in Red (Replacing an Audi A4 Avant Quattro wagon. CTS passed my expectations). I can see that the body panels will be subject to road debris and sand kicked up by the tires. My local dealer parts guy here in CA said splash guards were not made or available for CTS models. I will pick up a set pronto.

CTSPiper
01-18-14, 05:07 AM
Using the GM Part #s 17802090 & 17802080, I ordered front and rear splash guards for my 2010 CTS4 Premium Sport Wagon from e-Bay. My local auto paint dealer mixed up some Crystal Red (claret) spray paint for me and some SEM flex primer. He did not list a red tint coat so I used a flex clearcoat.

Rear splash guards fit perfectly. Front ones only needed a tweak to match the corner radius of the lower rocker panel (about 1/4 inch. As you can see, I drilled 4 (3 + an extra) new holes to mount the fronts. color-matched looks good on the Wagon.

Panzer Leader
01-31-14, 05:23 PM
Thanks for this Thread..... I will be getting some for my 2013 - 3.6 Sedan.....

Saggio
02-13-14, 02:00 PM
Here you guys go.

I'm ordering from GMPartsDirect . Cheapest I could find.

THE ROSCOE
05-01-14, 12:11 PM
+Hello
Any help in locating splash guards for 2014 coupe??

LongRX7
01-07-15, 01:33 AM
I ordered a set of front and rear mud/splash guards. Rears fit perfect, fronts holes didn't line up, I was like WTF. Glad to know I wasn't too dumb to install mudguards. I'll have to re-look at the front guards mounting situation. What change from the 09 fronts?

----------

I know this thread is old, but curious what model CTS you had where you had to cut part of the rear splash guard? I have a CTS4 Sedan Premium and the rears fit like a glove.... ?

steve755
01-31-15, 03:44 PM
Now that winter is here along with wet salted roads, I've noticed that back of my Coupe gets splattered with all sorts are stuff. Has anyone found mud flaps that fit our car and does it help? Seems I'm always cleaning the wheels (brake dust) and the back end (everything and anything from the road). I do have RWD with staggered setup which contributes to the problem with wider back tires.

Shakeydeal
02-01-15, 07:15 AM
You can put mud flaps on any car. But keep in mind, mud flaps are for trucks......

Shakey

vfaninva
02-01-15, 01:02 PM
There is a guy on the V forum who put some no drill flaps on the rear end of his sedan. They really didn't stand out or look bad. Although not something I would consider for my coupe, I do get why someone would be interested in them.

D VADER
02-07-15, 02:01 PM
Forget mud flaps. Just put up with more trips to the car wash.

smokescreen1030
02-07-15, 07:36 PM
You take your Caddy to a car wash?

D VADER
02-08-15, 02:25 PM
You take your Caddy to a car wash?

I live in Ohio, it's snow country. I wash my Caddy at least once a week in a touch less
car wash for $8. :)

jojags
03-28-15, 02:52 PM
are these splashguards for a cts coupe. what make are they. we have a cts coupe and cant find them, but we saw one in florida with them on. barry thanks

jojags
03-28-15, 03:22 PM
Did you find flaps. I need them too!

jojags
03-28-15, 03:41 PM
I need them too. What did you do.

cospilot
03-29-15, 09:20 PM
just found these on eBay, anyone try them yet?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-2014-2015-CTS-Rear-Front-Mud-Flaps-Splash-Guards-4pcs-set-/111492288492?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3ACadillac%7C Model%3ACTS%7CSubmodel%3AVsport&hash=item19f5754fec&vxp=mtr

jmct
04-03-15, 10:18 AM
Anybody know where I can get a front and back set to fit the Wagon? Thanks.

Tbbt
04-04-15, 11:34 AM
Anybody know where I can get a front and back set to fit the Wagon? Thanks.

Yes, search here using either splash guards or mud flaps. There are many threads telling you that they will fit, maybe some trimming needed and an extra screw or two needed.

Marv