: my new 1967 convertible down under

1967aussie
02-03-13, 06:36 AM
hi all,
I've been reading and looking for info on this site for a while now so I thought I would share a couple of photos of my recently acquired 1967 deville .

I bought this car just before xmas from the guy who imported it into Australia from Colorado
I rang the seller listed on the U.S. title last week and he confirmed that his 92 year old father, 2nd owner , drove this car from 1974 until 2011 when he passed away. Never been smashed or painted and always garaged.
It has 90,000 original miles , came with all the owners books and a protect-o plate , which I'm told is rare and ads value to the car , (can anyone confirm this ? ) and everything works except the power vent windows and clock.
It just passed our roadworthy inspection last week after a few minor repairs and now on historic registration.
Myself and the family went out for our first cruise today along the coast today and we would have received half a dozen thumbs up , smiles and whistles from on lookers
I have been a memeber with the Cadillac La Salle club of Australia for ten years as well
I have also owned a 62 coupe and a 60 sedan but nothing beats a convertible.
I'm looking forward to making minor improvements here and there as I can.
Once again , great to be a member of this great site for stories and tech info to help us guys down under that love these cars.
Regards
Martin
Adelaide ,Australia

talismandave
02-03-13, 11:27 AM
Hi Martin, welcome! Wow, that is a beautiful Cadillac. The subtle color combo is the best part. Very classy and a classic 60's look. Thank you for sharing that gorgeous car with us. Enjoy!

:welcome:

CadillacLuke24
02-03-13, 04:13 PM
DUDE That is a gorgeous Cadillac! She's in great shape! Congratulations and Wlecome to the forum!

CADforce69
02-04-13, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum, Martin. What a wonderful caddy you got. I agree with Dave about the color combo.

I hope you and your family enjoy it for many years. Thank you for these pics :thumbsup:

1967aussie
02-05-13, 06:08 AM
thanks for the warm welcome guys
cheers
Martin

FoxRodder
02-06-13, 02:31 PM
Nice car. That color works well with a convertible body. I don't always like the convertibles in pictures