: Red and Yellow flashing lights beside back glass

jphearn
02-02-13, 10:25 PM
I have a 2006 Escalade. There is a yellow and red flashing light beside the back glass on the passenger side. Quick search on Internet said something to do with backup sensors. Any help appreciated.

rfishoutofwater
02-02-13, 11:56 PM
That is your back up sensor guide. As you get closer it should flash faster. I don't like the placement of it myself as its not very visible for me without having to really adjust my mirror. I tend to not use it

the cadillac man
02-03-13, 12:24 AM
I have a 2006 Escalade. There is a yellow and red flashing light beside the back glass on the passenger side. Quick search on Internet said something to do with backup sensors. Any help appreciated.

If it is doing the outside lights only(yellow and red) that is the test mode check under the right second row seat check to see if the jumper has a wire in it

jphearn
02-03-13, 08:25 AM
I will check. It also flashes while riding down road.

the cadillac man
02-03-13, 11:58 AM
I will check. It also flashes while riding down road.

If its doing that then if there ain't something in the jumper for the test mode then the module may be bad

The module is a independent system for the rest of the systems in the truck and does not require programming to the truck

If you go to a junk yard you can get this module from any gm truck or suv as they are the same setup

chacho44
02-03-13, 11:50 PM
Cadillac man where is this module? Mines been acting up sometimes, as I'm backing up it just blinks red. Even when I'm very close, it just started doin this more often than normal.

the cadillac man
02-04-13, 12:32 AM
Cadillac man where is this module? Mines been acting up sometimes, as I'm backing up it just blinks red. Even when I'm very close, it just started doin this more often than normal.

That means you have a bad sensor or connection the module is (on regular body escalades) under the right second row seat the harness is next to it jump that then turn the key to run(engine NOT running) shift in reverse and watch the lights it will be like this (outside yellow, red light then code then back to the outside yellow, red light)
I have this issue with mine as I broke the harness on a sensor when I replaced it(be careful)