: Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

BNRacing
02-02-13, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcdXv6aNWA :lildevil:

wilmo
02-03-13, 02:21 AM
So if 270hp was only making 150 at the wheels.. Wouldnt that mean that 287 at the wheels translates to over 400 at the crank? You said the tune for sale gives you 330 hp.. Was this dyno run on ethanol? Is that why it was so high?

HandletheTruth
02-03-13, 06:40 AM
Very impressive output numbers; l am definitely considering purchasing this type of tune. Am curious how this affects the GM powertrain warranty and the yearly emissions testing that is required in Northern Virginia? Also, is it possible to leave the Sport mode "as is" (more aggressive suspension / steering / automatic shifting but with stock power) and add a separate Max mode (which would be Sport mode + higher power / torque + even heavier steering than Sport)? Also, please describe your tunes affect on throttle response & fuel economy. Thanks for your consideration.

BNRacing
02-03-13, 10:02 AM
So if 270hp was only making 150 at the wheels.. Wouldnt that mean that 287 at the wheels translates to over 400 at the crank? You said the tune for sale gives you 330 hp.. Was this dyno run on ethanol? Is that why it was so high?

This was on an ethanol blend, ill have 93 octane number for you guys on Tuesday. I'm meeting a member from here at local dyno shop to do a free tune.

And you are correct, the ECM is reporting 412hp at the crank.

mikesul
02-03-13, 10:35 AM
This was also on an awd vehicle with greater drive train loss. Rear wheel drive will have higher final numbers!!! :)

wilmo
02-03-13, 11:45 AM
Ok great! Very impressive numbers! And this is without supporting mods like intake, exhaust, intercooler etc.. Right?

03firebolt9r
02-03-13, 12:11 PM
Very impressive gains.

Could the tune be transferred to another ATS? For example, if the current car (one with the tune) gets traded in or lease expires and another ATS is purchased, could the tune be used on that car also or would another tune need to be purchased?

Atswatcher
02-03-13, 12:54 PM
This was on an ethanol blend, ill have 93 octane number for you guys on Tuesday. I'm meeting a member from here at local dyno shop to do a free tune.

And you are correct, the ECM is reporting 412hp at the crank.

Very impressive. Although I am curious if in stock form, whether the sport mode already makes more power than the tour mode, since you are comparing before and after in two different modes, not in the same mode.

Can you post the dyno chart? I noticed the tune changed the power pattern a lot, not just the peak output. The power curves are smoother, TQ curve is flatter throughout the band, and HP goes up all the way to near redline, though difficult to pinpoint with the video.

The tune seems to turn the 2.0L F/I engine into a higher powered 4.0L N/A engine:)

Since it was run in manual mode, how does the tune work in auto sport mode? I am curious if the tune also changes throttle response and holds the gears even longer.

zedsded
02-06-13, 06:13 PM
Any provision for summer tune vs winter tune? It doesn't get that warm up here in the D in the summer but our Texas friends may need it.

BNRacing
02-06-13, 11:41 PM
Very impressive. Although I am curious if in stock form, whether the sport mode already makes more power than the tour mode, since you are comparing before and after in two different modes, not in the same mode.

Can you post the dyno chart? I noticed the tune changed the power pattern a lot, not just the peak output. The power curves are smoother, TQ curve is flatter throughout the band, and HP goes up all the way to near redline, though difficult to pinpoint with the video.

The tune seems to turn the 2.0L F/I engine into a higher powered 4.0L N/A engine:)

Since it was run in manual mode, how does the tune work in auto sport mode? I am curious if the tune also changes throttle response and holds the gears even longer.

No, sport mode doesnt make more power (stock). That's a feature we added to the tune (select-a-tune). The car may perform even better in auto sport mode because the TCC lockup strategy is different than in manual mode (no TCC lock in auto sport mode until 3rd gear, but TCC locks in 2nd at WOT in manual mode). Our tune does increase throttle response and we did extend the shift RPM with our tune.

----------

Any provision for summer tune vs winter tune? It doesn't get that warm up here in the D in the summer but our Texas friends may need it.

No, these cars are MAF tuned and the MAF sensor on the newer GM cars is actually a multi-purpose sensor. It monitors humidity and air temp among other things. This allows the car to adjust itself to different seasons without needing a retune.

shudog
02-07-13, 12:47 AM
slightly off topic but I'm curious what the difference is between this Caddy 2.0 Turbo & the Buick GS 2.0 Turbo.

Trifecta tuned that one too but got nowhere near the results from what I could tell....

ripped
02-07-13, 12:55 AM
slightly off topic but I'm curious what the difference is between this Caddy 2.0 Turbo & the Buick GS 2.0 Turbo.

Trifecta tuned that one too but got nowhere near the results from what I could tell....
there 2 different engines

BNRacing
02-07-13, 09:12 AM

The ATS and the Malibu LTZ use a different engine than the Regal does.

shudog
02-07-13, 11:25 AM
The ATS and the Malibu LTZ use a different engine than the Regal does.

I get that they are different engines. I asked what the differences are. Cam profiles, intakes, etc?

Rozay619
02-07-13, 12:57 PM
I would like to get the tune, but i have a few questions.

1. I am planning on getting a custom exhaust made, should i wait to get the tune until after i get the exhaust done?
2. Since the tune requires the EZflash cable thing, if i don't buy it and rent it from you(BNRacing) if i need work done on the vehicle, do i need to remove the tune prior to taking it to the dealer for any service/maintanence?

Thanks, Mike

BNRacing
02-07-13, 10:23 PM
I get that they are different engines. I asked what the differences are. Cam profiles, intakes, etc?

Ah sorry. This should help

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f19/2-0-turbo-lhu-vs-ltg-116017/

Downmarket
02-08-13, 01:34 AM
I am very interested in the tune for my 2.0 automatic. My car is leased can I bring car in for service or will on star report changes to my engine. I am nervous about warranty issue.

What is cost? I live in nyc. Is there shop you work with in ny?

turbo2.0
02-08-13, 06:26 PM
I am just confused on why the vehicle is being dynoed in 2nd gear.

ztollon
03-07-13, 02:46 PM
Hi, im trying to buy a tune from trifecta, their website says they dont have anything for n 04 but ive heard of people getting them for theirs. Also there websites going me issues with the email and them not replying. Does anybody know how to go about this?

mikesul
03-07-13, 03:16 PM
Try email to Jerry@badnewsracing.net He is very responsive and will help you out.

BNRacing
03-07-13, 04:23 PM
Hi, im trying to buy a tune from trifecta, their website says they dont have anything for n 04 but ive heard of people getting them for theirs. Also there websites going me issues with the email and them not replying. Does anybody know how to go about this?

What are you trying to buy? I can sell the same thing to you for a lot less money

SC2150
03-07-13, 04:26 PM
:thumbsup:

Jerry, I need any dyno graphs of before and after on the LLT..Just email them.

:thumbsup:

Fraggy
03-13-13, 09:47 PM
So what's the news here? Is a tune available yet? How much?

BNRacing
03-13-13, 10:55 PM
Yeah we've sold like 10-12 so far. Tune is on sale for $300 and cable is $150

Fraggy
03-14-13, 12:01 AM
Yeah we've sold like 10-12 so far. Tune is on sale for $300 and cable is $150

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Very reasonable. What type of gains have you documented on 91 octane pump gas? I take it this a flash and not a piggyback which is great.

BNRacing
03-14-13, 08:27 PM
This a flash yes. We've seen around 50-60HP and 70 or so TQ on 91

zedsded
03-14-13, 10:49 PM
Is there an option for multiple levels of tune?

Say while running a full tank of e85 you turn on the 'holy crap' tune. The next tank is only 91 octane so you run the 'this will do ok' tune and then when you go only a long road trip you use 87 octane and the 'I'm being frugal' tune.

BNRacing
03-15-13, 08:41 PM
Yes we can do multiple maps but there is a $100 retune fee for the e85 tune as its a different fuel type

Ben003
03-15-13, 09:57 PM
Yes we can do multiple maps but there is a $100 retune fee for the e85 tune as its a different fuel type

What is the word on warranty?
From what I have read and understand, install it and you void power train warranty? But, it is (almost) not traceable if you flash back to stock???.

Hoosier Daddy
03-15-13, 10:20 PM
I thought only the V6 could use E85. Are you talking about a V6 tune? If you're talking about the 2.0, did I misread the Cadillac literature or can the 2.0 be easily changed to run E85?

ripped
03-15-13, 10:24 PM
2.0 can run e85 with a tune

BNRacing
03-16-13, 12:59 AM
I thought only the V6 could use E85. Are you talking about a V6 tune? If you're talking about the 2.0, did I misread the Cadillac literature or can the 2.0 be easily changed to run E85?

The 2.0 can run E85 easily when tuned for it. The DI system can handle it with no problem

Fraggy
03-16-13, 01:52 AM
Maybe I missed something, but I'm not seeing how this tune works. Are we simply just increasing psi, and if so what are maximum stock psi levels and what psi is this tune maxing at. Are other parameters being taken into account and manipulated by this tune?

Stevo Supremo
03-16-13, 11:03 AM
Its most likely Boost, Fuel trim and AFR.

Thats why I'd like to have a wideband when I get my tune done, as well as a boost gauge..

I just have no clue how to put them in this car.. and .. where? lol I wouldn't exactly want some ugly round gauges messing with the flow of this interior.

bravnik
03-18-13, 12:16 PM
FYI - I just purchased the Torque app for my phone as well as a bluetooth ODB2 dongle. This allows me to see what my AFR's (Commanded), Boost, Fuel Pressure, Etc. are doing. So far I like the app as you can log a bunch of stuff including your route and view it online. The dongle cost me $99 and the app is cheap. I use to have a Dashhawk from MSD when I tuned my Mazdaspeed3. Wished I still had it as it's a great device even if MSD no longer supports it.

I was the first person to ever put in gauges in the Mazdaspeed3 (on the pillar) but to be honest I just don't see putting one in the Cadi. I wised it came with the option on the dash display. Maybe that can add that in with a CUE update in the future. It sure would be nice.

Based on the logs I ran yesterday, our car boosts 14-17PSI stock on a 0-100mph run. I did 3 launches with 2 from idle and one from a 3k launch all in sport mode and after a few power take offs to ensure PAL was not on. 1st run was with Traction Control on with the other runs it was off. There is a pretty good lag from the time you push the gas from idle and the time it takes to spool up (gas pedal floored) so I did the 3k launch which resulted in smoked tires through 1st and part of 2nd (AUTO). The car is just so quite I didn't think the 3k stall was all that powerful until I let off the brake :)

I was pretty impressed with the car on these runs. I really think with a tune it will make a nice sleeper. It will not be the fastest on the block but it will still shock a few people I'm sure.

zedsded
03-18-13, 02:27 PM
Can multiple maps be set by in-car controls (sport mode, etc) or will the higher tune level need to be loaded from a laptop for 93 octane vs e85?

wongluk
03-21-13, 03:00 PM
If enough people buy turbo ATS's, Cobb may come out with an acessport.

mikesul
03-22-13, 09:55 AM
My car showed a stock peak of 225.2 rwhp on a Dynojet. Rear wheel drive, 93 octane.

ewired
03-22-13, 10:30 AM
My car showed a stock peak of 225.2 rwhp on a Dynojet. Rear wheel drive, 93 octane. before or after tune?

mikesul
03-22-13, 01:38 PM
This was stock. Hard to believe AWD could loose that much HP vs RWD in stock tune.

ewired
03-22-13, 02:46 PM
This was stock.
Have you had a chance or plan on putting it back on the Dyno with the tune? I loaded my tune last night and ironing things out and have plans to go back on the Dyno shortly. Just wanted to compare....and just so everyone knows....Jerry at BNR is great to deal with. Excellent Service!

AdamVIP
03-22-13, 06:37 PM
I would love to see dyno sheets for all these tunes. Am I correct at saying there is a 91 tune, a 93 tune and an E85 tune?

E85 sounds awesome but its still a PITA to get on a regular basis, even in LA so how does the tune run if you can only get 91 in it or some cobination of 91 and E85. Most flexfuel vehicles adjust but not sure with the tune.

rocco11189
03-22-13, 11:15 PM
I agree with Adam here I would like to see some dyno results of the tune so I know exactly what I am purchasing.

Siren05
03-23-13, 08:45 AM
That's why I wish we had a device like an Access Port from Cobb, pro tuning in person on the street or
Dyno FTW. MY STI had 70,000+ kms on my Protune. It ran like a champ until the day some rat bastards
Stole it.

BNRacing
03-23-13, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath on Cobb tuning these. And if it matters any we've been tuning the GM 2.0 forced induction cars since 2005 with the Saturn ion redline and the cobalt SS supercharged. Several of those cars have over 150k miles now and still run strong with a trifecta tune since day one.

rocco11189
03-23-13, 12:35 PM
BNR when can we expect further detail as far as Dyno sheets etc? Also what kind of mileage do people have that are using this tune? I currently have about 2k miles on my car but fear if I encounter any gremlins this may interfere with warranty coverage

vetteboy2k
03-25-13, 11:56 AM
This was stock. Hard to believe AWD could loose that much HP vs RWD in stock tune.

To shed some light on the reason the dyno numbers are off are b/c of 2 things.

1. A 2nd gear dyno pull
2. The baseline dyno wasn't on 93 octane.

The baseline was done with a stock tune on E85 as shown on the video. The stock tune isn't optimized for E85 hence low numbers.

So the huge gains showing b/c of a car designed to run on Gas 91-93 octane and not E85 on subsequent pulls in 2nd gear.

The data does have some merit in the fact that on E85 with a tune in 2nd gear the car will put down some nice figures.

mikesul
03-25-13, 01:18 PM
If you tune it for E85 can you run other grades? Probably not as tuning for E85 would require more fuel due to less energy in the fuel. It would probably run too rich with that tune.

vetteboy2k
03-25-13, 06:08 PM
Hence the low dyno #'s for the stock tune in the video. If you buy a GM flex fuel sensor and wire it up to the ECM it could be possible if the tune parameters allow for it. EFILive has done it in the Cruze turbo they get in Australia.

I haven't personally seen an ATS tune file yet to confirm this though.

Probably waiting to get a 3.6 TT V6 in an ATS or similar GM car to do some of my own tuning and tweaking on one. For now I'm still working on my 2004 CTS-V with a TVS 1900.

TMAC2000
04-01-13, 04:00 PM
Any updates on a dyno with 93? I would like to see the results as I live in FL and that's all I will run here.

BNRacing
04-01-13, 11:23 PM
We're working with a guy to get some numbers

TMAC2000
04-02-13, 06:12 PM
We're working with a guy to get some numbers

Good to hear. My car only has about 75 miles on it right now so by the time I hit 1000 you should have that info up. I am leaning towards buying from you based on all the information I have been reading. For Audi and VW I always used APR Tuning as they were known for all their R&D. It looks like Bad News Racing is similar.

BNRacing
04-08-13, 05:40 PM
We've been selling a ton of these, hopefully some guys will post some reviews!

kmb32687
04-08-13, 09:27 PM
I'm going to Dyno Day on May 4th. I will post it up the numbers. :-).

Can't wait for the tune.....

TMAC2000
04-09-13, 04:46 PM
We've been selling a ton of these, hopefully some guys will post some reviews!

I may contact you early next week to discuss purchasing the tune for my car. At this point I want more power and it appears this will give me plenty.

turbo2.0
04-09-13, 06:09 PM
My car is going on the dyno Friday! I plan on doing a base dyno followed by a tuned dyno, I will do my best to post results as I get them.

mikesul
04-09-13, 11:21 PM
My car is going on the dyno Friday! I plan on doing a base dyno followed by a tuned dyno, I will do my best to post results as I get them.
Make sure you note the type of dyno you use. Mustang, Dynojet, ie.

TMAC2000
04-10-13, 12:11 PM
Make sure you note the type of dyno you use. Mustang, Dynojet, ie.
What he said! :thumbsup:

bravnik
04-10-13, 01:06 PM
Also it would be nice if it was done uncorrected.

turbo2.0
04-12-13, 02:56 PM
First pull did 242.1 hp and 297.2 ft lbs uncorrected on a dynojet

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 03:20 PM
First pull did 242.1 hp and 297.2 ft lbs uncorrected on a dynojet
Just to confirm, that pull for was stock engine, factory tune, stock intake and stock exhaust?

turbo2.0
04-12-13, 03:23 PM
Confirmed, though I found out that he didn't have it in sport mode. Car made 258.0 hp and 308.4 the second pull

----------

The vehicle is only suppose to be tuned in sport mode, but I'm starting to question that

bungee91
04-12-13, 03:42 PM
factory tune?
So that'd be a no then.

----------

The #'s are also odd that you always make more TQ than HP in that our LTG always seems to make more of the opposite. Stock #'s 272HP and 260TQ, and supposed tuned 320HP 300TQ. Both have higher TQ than HP.

turbo2.0
04-12-13, 04:41 PM
Actually it would be a maybe, no need to be a prick

bravnik
04-12-13, 04:43 PM
So you did a pull before you installed the tune then after. Or did you do a pull not in sport mode to get a baseline then put it in sport mode to get the tune which should only be in sport mode. Is that correct? I'm so confused :)

Also, what octane is your fuel? 91 or 93?

bungee91
04-12-13, 04:48 PM
Actually it would be a maybe, no need to be a prick

I actually wasn't being.. I appreciate the numbers, but he clearly asked stock everything "factory tune" and you replied confirmed.. I do understand it is selectable with the sport button though. Those #'s being what they are would have to be not stock regardless.

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 05:00 PM
Confirmed, though I found out that he didn't have it in sport mode. Car made 258.0 hp and 308.4 the second pull

----------

The vehicle is only suppose to be tuned in sport mode, but I'm starting to question that
What does the manual say about Sport Mode, regarding engine performance? For many cars it would have no effect on a dyno pull, because it just does things like play with throttle response and does nothing at WOT. Do these cars allow short bursts of extra boost in sport mode?

turbo2.0
04-12-13, 05:03 PM
It is a dual map PCM, so when in touring it should be factory tune and while in sport mode the full trifecta tune should be in effect.

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 05:12 PM
The #'s are also odd that you always make more TQ than HP in that our LTG always seems to make more of the opposite. Stock #'s 272HP and 260TQ, and supposed tuned 320HP 300TQ. Both have higher TQ than HP.
I don't find it very odd. Torque (as reported by a dyno) is just calculated using nothing but HP, RPM and a constant related to the units of measure being used: T= (5252*HP)/RPM. So ALL engines that can turn 5252 RPMs will have identical HP and Torque numbers at 5252 RPM. Maximum torque is higher or lower than maximum HP depending on which side of 5250 RPMS they occur at. His engine or dyno calibration was just different than the ones used for the factory figures. I suspect its mostly a dyno calibration issue. That's why dyno figures are not very useful to compare to ones from a different dyno under different conditions. You need before and after pulls on the same dyno in as close together as possible. The percentage differences under those conditions are what matter.

Focusing on either maximum HP or torque is much less meaningful with a modern turbo engine since the relation between HP and RPM is so much different than a normally aspirated engine. That's why the turbo, even stock, is more satisfying to drive at low-mid RPMs compared to the 3.6. You really need to look at the area under the entire curve to get a feel for how an engine performs. These 2.0s torque numbers are high even at very low RPMs, which makes for a lot of area under the curve.

BNRacing
04-13-13, 10:36 PM
If you have a manual it would be cruise control off = performance mode, cruise on = stock mode

bravnik
04-14-13, 12:00 AM
Can we get a posting of the dyno sheets? I have never seen so many dyno pulls without a sheet.

Fraggy
04-14-13, 01:50 AM
Can we get a posting of the dyno sheets? I have never seen so many dyno pulls without a sheet.

Absolutely. I wanna see where the power is to decide to buy. The lower the RPMs the better.

Siren05
04-14-13, 04:11 AM
Bumpity bump..

Also would love to before and after tune dyno sheets.

Where's the vendor?..

I believe it would be safe too assume trifecta would have a baseline stock dyno sheet? And then tuned dyno sheet. Selling a product. Or even better a customers dyno sheets.

I know my Subaru dyno sheets are what everybody wanted to see...........

bungee91
04-14-13, 10:23 AM
Unless you don't mind paying full price, you've got till tomorrow until their 20% off sale ends.. Just wanting to point that out, in case you're on the fence.

----------

I also noticed that D3 has info on their page that states they have a deal through Trifecta for their tunes also. So I think you're in good hands here. Yes I've ordered, but no I haven't gotten it yet.

Nite_Hawk
04-14-13, 01:51 PM
D3 hasn't released their tunes, yet. I'd like to see a Dyno sheet as well.

BNRacing
04-14-13, 05:12 PM
D3 tune will be the same tune we're selling as far as I could see.

Nite_Hawk
04-14-13, 09:00 PM
So what is the base line for the 2.0t with auto? Really want to buy one soon.

ripped
04-16-13, 09:57 AM
The graphs for baseline and tuned are in the video on first page all these people that keep asking for dyno sheets did you even watch the vid you can see the graphs in the video

Hoosier Daddy
04-16-13, 10:48 AM
The graphs for baseline and tuned are in the video on first page all these people that keep asking for dyno sheets did you even watch the vid you can see the graphs in the video

I have to ask: did you even read the rest of this and other threads? For instance, that video was on E85, which the car is not designed or tuned for (not to mention 95% of all ATS owners would NOT be using), meaning the base is completely irrelevant, which means the whole thing is useless for making an informed decision.

Then a customer took his car in for back to back dyno runs with and without the tune. He posted stock results and immediately disappeared from the face of the earth. Why? Did his car blow up with the tune? Did it make bad numbers?

I get it that BNR may be gear heads that don't have a clue about marketing. Maybe this is a great product. But they have not answered customer questions or provided information necessary for an INFORMED buying decision. Maybe they are happy with the sales numbers from people willing to take a leap of faith but they are obviously (from the questions and posts and common sense) losing out on sales to people who want to know what they are getting for their money.

turbo2.0
04-16-13, 12:03 PM
hi guys! sorry but I had to walk away from this forum for a bit before I lost it with some idiot trying to pretend he knows everything ^^^
I haven't read through all of the posts on here, mainly because I didn't want to get myself upset again, but I thought I would make a few quick notions on here. The Trifecta tune numbers given out by all distributors are given as power numbers requested but the ECM, these numbers are completely meaningless when it comes to numbers actually produced. My car was requesting 312 hp and 302 tq at the last data log I did before heading to the dyno, however it put 260hp and 308 tq to the ground. This would equate to something like 305 hp and 360 tq at the flywheel with standard 18% loss. I honestly think that once HP Tuners comes out with a good tune I will just run with them. The current tune on my car still puts the car in overboost at 5500 RPM which can safely be tuned out with a good dyno tune. Also while the lines on the dyno aren't terrible, they could be better. It amazed me at how quickly the torque and hp both fell off! I am just going to hold out for a couple of months and let the intake come out from whoever, then get the exhaust manifold and down pipe from Pfadt, then have my local performance shop see what they can do with a tune.

mikesul
04-16-13, 01:05 PM
I am also waiting for Pfadts turbo upgrade and downpipe. But I also want the low front mounted intercooler. The heat generated by higher boost has to be taken care of with a larger intercooler or methanol/water injection.

Hoosier Daddy
04-16-13, 03:17 PM
FYI: I posted dyno sheets mikesul sent me here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-technical-discussion-forum/287332-tune-dyno-vendors.html#post3287158

mikesul
04-16-13, 04:45 PM
FYI: I posted dyno sheets mikesul sent me here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-technical-discussion-forum/287332-tune-dyno-vendors.html#post3287158

Thanks for posting these for me! The runs were made with around 500 miles on the car and straight 93 octane. Cool day in S FL with ambient temp @ 58 degrees. First run stock (car is stock) and following three runs are with Trifecta tune. The runs were only 5-7 minutes apart. You will notice the drop off of power above 5500 rpm, which appears to be when turbo hits its potential.
The car with the tune did feel much more responsive and the turbo seemed to spool up quicker.

BNRacing
04-16-13, 05:36 PM
We actually found some issues with our tune since he did his dyno runs- we had a few guys that would hit ECM calculated 360+TQ and then fall flat on their face and make 250-270TQ the rest of the pull. I think this is what happened with mikesul's logs as the car wouldn't make full power in 2nd and 3rd. We have resolved that issue. I've contacted mikesul since he does not have that update yet.

In other words, don't put too much faith in that sheet as we've recognized and corrected a problem since then and will be updating his tune shortly.

Fraggy
04-16-13, 10:07 PM
So what are the real numbers now with correction.

kmb32687
04-21-13, 01:25 AM
Just installed E85 tune. WOW. Impressive acceleration. 1st gear, you won't have any traction at all. Once you step the gas, tires are spinning like crazy. Huge difference between stock and E85. Im going to STM dyno day on june 2nd so I will post it up the numbers. :)

Fraggy
04-21-13, 11:53 AM
Just installed E85 tune. WOW. Impressive acceleration. 1st gear, you won't have any traction at all. Once you step the gas, tires are spinning like crazy. Huge difference between stock and E85. Im going to STM dyno day on june 2nd so I will post it up the numbers. :)

What type of gas, E85?

kmb32687
04-21-13, 01:34 PM
What type of gas, E85?

Yup, E85 fuel.

Stevo Supremo
04-21-13, 02:09 PM
I wish we had E85 here, theres none around, the closes one is like 150km away lol

kmb32687
04-21-13, 08:37 PM
Well, e85 and 91/93 tune is pretty close. I couldn't feel the difference. E85 seems more smoother than 91/93 tune. I could be wrong but that's what I feel so far.

Im going to another dyno day on May 2 so wait until next weekend! I wish I could get it sooner.

wilmo
04-21-13, 08:59 PM
Since you have the tune, how's the top end power? We keep hearing about how the power drops off which seems to be the real weak point of these engines. Does the tune keep the power coming till redline or is there still a noticeable dropoff?

kmb32687
04-21-13, 10:00 PM
Since you have the tune, how's the top end power? We keep hearing about how the power drops off which seems to be the real weak point of these engines. Does the tune keep the power coming till redline or is there still a noticeable dropoff?

I'm not sure about that. I usually shift once it hit 6k. But never went more than 6k. I'll have to try it tomorrow and see what happen.

The power stay stable from 3k to 6k rpm.

ripped
04-21-13, 11:17 PM
Well, e85 and 91/93 tune is pretty close. I couldn't feel the difference. E85 seems more smoother than 91/93 tune. I could be wrong but that's what I feel so far.

Im going to another dyno day on May 2 so wait until next weekend! I wish I could get it sooner.

The e85 tune is way more powerful trust me

torkibe
04-22-13, 12:18 AM
Has anyone tuned an Automatic 3.6?

Rongotti
04-22-13, 12:30 AM
has anyone tuned an automatic 3.6?

x2!!

Siren05
04-22-13, 10:14 AM
Tuning a NA engine with Tune only will yield pretty small results.

mikesul
04-22-13, 10:15 AM
Has anyone tuned an Automatic 3.6?

I had a Trifecta/BNR tune in my 2011 3.6DI CTS coupe. It made a very noticeable difference in acceleration. It could get second gear rubber with the traction control turned off. I would recommend a CAI with the tune.

torkibe
04-22-13, 07:16 PM
I had a Trifecta/BNR tune in my 2011 3.6DI CTS coupe. It made a very noticeable difference in acceleration. It could get second gear rubber with the traction control turned off. I would recommend a CAI with the tune.

Did you ever Dyno it?

mikesul
04-23-13, 09:17 AM
No, never got around to that.

kmb32687
04-25-13, 12:57 PM
3rd gear E85 tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xMvG-OaQY

Stevo Supremo
04-25-13, 01:49 PM
lol at first I was like "thats pathetic" then I looked and realized you're speedometer is in MPH lmao!

Siren05
04-25-13, 03:23 PM
Seems like very slow climb up rpms.

kmb32687
04-25-13, 03:31 PM
I find it 91/93 tune runs much faster than E85. I will post the video when Im running 91/93 tune. I could be wrong. Im going to dyno day next weekend and I will upload the result. Probably less than 400hp.

ewired
04-26-13, 02:10 PM
Probably less than 400hp.lol....way less

mikesul
04-27-13, 10:53 AM
I have heard that without an E85 fuel sensor in line (as in flex fuel vehicles) you really don't get the benefit of the E85 tune. Our turbo cars are not set up for E85 and just a tune will not work properly. I am waiting for advise on what it takes to add this sensor.