: New covering for splitter or other trim

qictrk
02-02-13, 05:14 PM
I bought a front splitter from V2vdesigns and first covered it with 3m paper and really didn't like the look, I'm not very good at wrapping and getting parts to look very good, especially with parts
that have tight corners. Then the light bulb went off in my head(only 15 watts so don't fear), why not try water print proccess! The cost is less than real carbon fiber and not that much more than
a wrap. I had ProImageing do it and I really like the look. He told me you treat it like paint because it has a clear coat. The one thing I didn't like was the turn around time and hopefully he gets
better at that. Anyway this give all of us a different option for making some small changes. Cecil.............

thebigjimsho
02-02-13, 05:31 PM
Looks really good, Warf.

I had my tint shop use the 3M di-noc on my pieces. Keep us updated on wear. My 3M was installed well over 3 years and 35,000 miles ago and still looks great...

SoCalCTSV
02-02-13, 06:06 PM
I bought a front splitter from V2vdesigns and first covered it with 3m paper and really didn't like the look, I'm not very good at wrapping and getting parts to look very good, especially with parts
that have tight corners. Then the light bulb went off in my head(only 15 watts so don't fear), why not try water print proccess! The cost is less than real carbon fiber and not that much more than
a wrap. I had ProImageing do it and I really like the look. He told me you treat it like paint because it has a clear coat. The one thing I didn't like was the turn around time and hopefully he gets
better at that. Anyway this give all of us a different option for making some small changes. Cecil.............

Where did you get them done?

qictrk
02-03-13, 12:00 AM
Where did you get them done?
Proimagingonline.com Cecil...................

SoCalCTSV
02-03-13, 02:12 AM
Thanks Cecil. I'm on the fence. I have the Airaid in that finish and its ok but also ordered the trunk piece from Matt at O Carbon.

qictrk
02-03-13, 03:40 AM
Thanks Cecil. I'm on the fence. I have the Airaid in that finish and its ok but also ordered the trunk piece from Matt at O Carbon.
Yea, nothing can beat the real thing, but this is about 1/4 the price. I am concerned about the durability like Jim says. Especially, the splitter. It does look close to carbon fiber.
My license plate frame is the real thing, to give you an idea. Anyway, just another option for people, I get nothing out of it. Cecil...............

tkracing
02-03-13, 03:53 AM
Nice... I debated doing the same and instead spent too much on the real CF.

V2 BRAWN
02-03-13, 11:56 AM
:thumbsup:That looks really nice.

I bought one of those splitters too but was very concerned about repairing minor bumps and abrasions in the future. I decided to coat mine with spray-on bedliner. Not as sporting but good for my DD.

Stillborn
02-03-13, 03:59 PM
i think v2v does a great job on his m3 c/f option. if it does get scuffed or slight damage you can buy/replace the peice you need rather than the whole 3pc design. looks good cecil. good luck and thanks for sharing.

thebigjimsho
02-04-13, 12:50 PM
I will say I really like the rear deck strip. I've been debating on what I want to do with mine...