: Feeler for interest in MA Performance trailing arms

ls6v
02-01-13, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with MA Performance..called to check on availability of their trailing arms for our cars after I noticed they still had the arms listed on their site in the clearance section. Guy on the phone said they were not in stock or available at the moment but the tooling etc to make the arms was still available so if enough interest was there they could do a run of say ten sets or more at a group discounted price. Price was not discussed as of yet but the original msrp seemed to be around $299 for a set for reference. I know MAP got chased off the forums in the past which I will stay out of because I don't know the details, I am just trying to get another option going again for guys who want extra clearance for bigger tires as I see the wait for custom made arms can be frustrating for some of us. Please keep comments on the subject of interest, I can understand if some of you have bad feelings from the past but I am not affiliated with the company in any way just a guy who wants extra clearance for some meaty tires and willing to put in a little leg work to get some arms made for us V1 guys. Thanks

rand49er
02-01-13, 04:56 PM
Here's some competition:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/253473-noodle-trailing-arms-ordering-thread-yall.html

ls6v
02-01-13, 05:19 PM
Here's some competition:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/253473-noodle-trailing-arms-ordering-thread-yall.html

Those are very nice I want a pair...now, lol. Just trying to be proactive and fight the supply versus demand issue with extra clearance trailing arms.:)

DrSpeed
02-01-13, 06:56 PM
Yes, simply for the looks of having a wider wheel, I'll cut, weld a zig zag in the arm, not gusset it, and sell it to people.

Sorry, I like not dying more.

ls6v
02-01-13, 08:05 PM
Yes, simply for the looks of having a wider wheel, I'll cut, weld a zig zag in the arm, not gusset it, and sell it to people.

Show me the gussets in your presumably stock trailing arms...

You better sell that death trap lol:helpless:

FuzzyLogic
02-01-13, 11:13 PM

I've been beating the living crap out of my Killernoodle trailing arms for over a year now, with absolutely no problems. He did a great job. People have broken the BMR trailing arms, but not his. You might want to reconsider your position.

DMM
02-02-13, 12:35 AM
I might be interested if you get the group thing going. Or, if/when KillerNoodle ever gets his stuff back up and running.

BradCTSV
02-02-13, 01:08 AM
I also am interested...I want 9.5" or 10" wheels that are tucked under the fenders with no rubbing issues.

rand49er
02-02-13, 06:23 PM
I also am interested...I want 9.5" or 10" wheels that are tucked under the fenders with no rubbing issues.I have 9.5" in rear, and I had to have TAs with more clearance due to the rubbing.

barrok69
02-04-13, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with MA Performance..called to check on availability of their trailing arms for our cars after I noticed they still had the arms listed on their site in the clearance section. Guy on the phone said they were not in stock or available at the moment but the tooling etc to make the arms was still available so if enough interest was there they could do a run of say ten sets or more at a group discounted price. Price was not discussed as of yet but the original msrp seemed to be around $299 for a set for reference. I know MAP got chased off the forums in the past which I will stay out of because I don't know the details, I am just trying to get another option going again for guys who want extra clearance for bigger tires as I see the wait for custom made arms can be frustrating for some of us. Please keep comments on the subject of interest, I can understand if some of you have bad feelings from the past but I am not affiliated with the company in any way just a guy who wants extra clearance for some meaty tires and willing to put in a little leg work to get some arms made for us V1 guys. Thanks

I'd be in for a set of MAP arms.

DrSpeed
02-04-13, 04:22 PM
Show me the gussets in your presumably stock trailing arms...

You better sell that death trap lol:helpless:

Show me where the arm was cut midspan between the ends, and rewelded.

ls6v
02-04-13, 05:30 PM
Show me where the arm was cut midspan between the ends, and rewelded.

Good question.

etcts-v
02-04-13, 09:10 PM
BMR's go for $230, are MAP's worth the additional $70?

barrok69
02-04-13, 10:30 PM
BMR's go for $230, are MAP's worth the additional $70?

BMR's don't clear widened stock wheels though.

etcts-v
02-05-13, 03:51 PM
BMR's don't clear widened stock wheels though.

Ahh gotcha, for you fellas dumping cash on more rubber!