: Instrument Cluster

Rozay619
02-01-13, 11:03 AM
I was driving home from dinner the other night and noticed all of the gauges in my instrument cluster went to zero. The digital display worked so at least I still knew how much gas I had, what radio station I was on and how fast I was traveling. When I got home I turned the car off, let it sit for about 5 minutes then started the car again and the gauges stayed at zero, none of them moved like when you normally start the car and they all go to the top and back down again. Has anyone else experience this issue?? Took the car to the dealer yesterday so hopefully they can duplicate the issue or the computer will tell them something... :confused:

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-01-13, 04:21 PM
Rozay619, I hope you keep us updated on your progress! If you remain concerned while working with your dealer, please contact me privately and I can call them on your behalf to follow up on your concerns. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Rozay619
02-01-13, 04:31 PM
Rozay619, I hope you keep us updated on your progress! If you remain concerned while working with your dealer, please contact me privately and I can call them on your behalf to follow up on your concerns. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks, i will keep you in mind. The service department just called me and they are keeping my ATS over the weekend. I didn't get a clear answer as to what was done, but the technician wasn't able to correct the issues I am having.

Wideband
02-03-13, 03:06 AM
I was driving home from dinner the other night and noticed all of the gauges in my instrument cluster went to zero. The digital display worked so at least I still knew how much gas I had, what radio station I was on and how fast I was traveling. When I got home I turned the car off, let it sit for about 5 minutes then started the car again and the gauges stayed at zero, none of them moved like when you normally start the car and they all go to the top and back down again. Has anyone else experience this issue?? Took the car to the dealer yesterday so hopefully they can duplicate the issue or the computer will tell them something... :confused:

It must be a special gift for going over the 1000 mile mark. I saw your mileage in your photos.

Rozay619
02-05-13, 02:47 PM
It must be a special gift for going over the 1000 mile mark. I saw your mileage in your photos.

HAHA, yeah right!!

Update: Service guy called me yesterday and told me GM is sending a whole new Instrument panel overnight from New York. They didn't want to risk giving me the car back in case it happened again as the tech guys were unable to duplicate the issue and GM tech line was unable to come up with a solution!!

danscrim
02-05-13, 03:44 PM
HAHA, yeah right!!

Update: Service guy called me yesterday and told me GM is sending a whole new Instrument panel overnight from New York. They didn't want to risk giving me the car back in case it happened again as the tech guys were unable to duplicate the issue and GM tech line was unable to come up with a solution!!

Have them put in a 12.3" reconfigurable cluster from the XTS while they're at it!!

Wideband
02-06-13, 02:09 AM
Have them put in a 12.3" reconfigurable cluster from the XTS while they're at it!!

Hopefully they add that display as an option to the MY2014 ATS.

Rozay619
02-07-13, 10:50 AM
Got the car back, seems to have no issues now! The dealer did install a new "IPC" is what they called it. They gave me a ticket # that could be used to refer to for future issues. keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!!

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 10:38 AM
Instrument Panel Cluster

Pete7874
02-16-13, 07:03 PM
Hi, this is a bit off topic, but I have a question regarding the photos the OP posted, mainly the reflection of the speedo that you see at the top (the hood of the instrument cluster, I guess). I've seen numerous pictures that show this reflection. Do you see this reflection at night from the driver's position? That would be rather annoying, if so. But maybe it's just the angle of the camera that makes it visible?

danscrim
02-17-13, 10:42 AM
Hi, this is a bit off topic, but I have a question regarding the photos the OP posted, mainly the reflection of the speedo that you see at the top (the hood of the instrument cluster, I guess). I've seen numerous pictures that show this reflection. Do you see this reflection at night from the driver's position? That would be rather annoying, if so. But maybe it's just the angle of the camera that makes it visible?

I think it's the angle of the camera. I've never noticed it until you pointed it out and i have 4500 miles on mine.

Rozay619
02-19-13, 11:47 AM
It's for sure the camera angle, camera flash.. no reflection at all, at least i don't notice any.