: Local Cadillac Owners Club?

Katshot
12-30-04, 08:45 PM
It seems that there are a descent amount of Cadillac owners in my area. Some of which, are right here in our group. Some are active participants, while some are lurkers. I'd like to know how many would be interested in forming a local chapter of the Cadillac Owners Club. I live in Newtown, PA which is about 15 minutes west of Trenton, NJ and about 30 min. north of the Philadelphia airport (so I'm only minutes from NE Philly). I'm in the heart of Bucks County which is a very beautiful and upscale area, so I'm fairly sure there are a lot of Cadillacs around here. I just have to find a way to get the word out to them all. A freind of mine is a member of the local CadillacLaSalle Club too, and I'm sure he could be helpful in getting this off the ground. There's at least 4 local Cadillac dealers that I could also tap for help. So what does everyone think?

Kevin Donovan
'95 Cadillac FTS
(Click the link to see my car)
http://members.cardomain.com/katshot

Adam
12-30-04, 10:27 PM
damn, makes me wish i lived in Pennsylvania. :thumbsup: good idea though.

DaveSmed
12-30-04, 10:57 PM
I for one would be. (nice idea, wonder where it came from.... ;) Should make a rule though, if your representing the club in a show, your Cadillac can not be on fire. :D )

Sandy
12-31-04, 12:47 AM
I would participate & come to a gathering, but I need to know well in advance so that I might hire a proper flatbed for my car's trip down. :D

RBraczyk
12-31-04, 12:49 AM
I might be able to do this sometime in the future, hope you won't mind the blazer...

Katshot
12-31-04, 09:11 AM
I for one would be. (nice idea, wonder where it came from.... ;) Should make a rule though, if your representing the club in a show, your Cadillac can not be on fire. :D )

Wise guy! ;)

Katshot
12-31-04, 09:12 AM
I would participate & come to a gathering, but I need to know well in advance so that I might hire a proper flatbed for my car's trip down. :D

Garage queens gladly accepted! :D

Night Wolf
12-31-04, 11:14 AM
How often would we meet?

I am 90 miles North of NYC.... but I just stay on 87 the whole way into Joysee.... I would love to take the cruise though...

Sandy
12-31-04, 11:32 AM
Garage queens gladly accepted! :D

At about 130 miles round trip, it would only be 15% of a years worth of driving. I'd probably drive it down. I'd need directions from Rt 1 in the Trenton area. I don't like I-95 so another route would be preferred, if at all possible. New Hope would be a nice place to meet >>> ?????? Yes? No? Bowman's Tower ??

Katshot
12-31-04, 02:04 PM
There are a lot of nice places to meet for sure. Some guys on another forum mentioned Valley Forge State Park as a possibility too. I guess when spring gets a little closer we can decide. I'm amazed at how many people are getting on board with this idea. We just might have something here! ;)

ETC Guy
12-31-04, 02:26 PM
You might want to see if you want to affiliate with the Cadillac La Salle Club.

See www.cadillaclasalleclub.org .

DaveSmed
12-31-04, 05:05 PM
At about 130 miles round trip, it would only be 15% of a years worth of driving. I'd probably drive it down. I'd need directions from Rt 1 in the Trenton area. I don't like I-95 so another route would be preferred, if at all possible. New Hope would be a nice place to meet >>> ?????? Yes? No? Bowman's Tower ??

Rt1? That works nicely, brings you right around this area.

Sandy
12-31-04, 07:15 PM
WoooHooo ..... IdEa!! Washington State Park !! Pensy side of the narrow skinny bridge!! (Fold ya Mirrors) OOps, mine no fold :(

Night Wolf
01-01-05, 04:00 AM
well, i think it should be a weekend thing, and not only 1 day....

with the Grand Am meets... we have had 2 already, I have been to both.. they are in Albany... the frist 2 were just a weekend... coing up it'll be 5 days.. we are renting the track etc...

but I think we should meet on a Friday evening, get to know each other, get something to eat... Saturday go to a drag strip (if enough people are interested) and runs a test & tune etc... after that gorup up at the hotel then pick a nci,e place to eat dinner, then Sunday can be a BBQ and show & shine thing where everyone details their car and goes around looking at other peoples cars etc...

then sometime in the late afternoon to evening Sunday night, people depart and head home....

I think that would be great though... and I know Sandy want's to see what his *new* Sixty Special will run at the track too... if it can beat my car with 98k on the clock :)

Sandy
01-01-05, 11:54 AM
I'm passing on the "Test & Tune" and the Drag Strip event, fo sure! I'll come for the "Show & Shine" ~ I can't go to the "strip" ~ She's NOT broken in yet :D 9,820 on the Odo. 74 miles a month, on average.

Katshot
01-01-05, 06:54 PM
There IS a track near me (approx. 1 hour drive). If there's enough people interested in hitting the track, we can do it pretty easily. I'm always up for a few runs. Anybody into the 13's yet?

DaveSmed
01-01-05, 07:07 PM
There IS a track near me (approx. 1 hour drive). If there's enough people interested in hitting the track, we can do it pretty easily. I'm always up for a few runs. Anybody into the 13's yet?

Which track? I'm very interested this time around.....

Katshot
01-01-05, 07:21 PM
I prefer Atco myself, but Raceway Park in Englishtown is also a possibility. They're both about the same distance.

Night Wolf
01-01-05, 10:03 PM
I'm passing on the "Test & Tune" and the Drag Strip event, fo sure! I'll come for the "Show & Shine" ~ I can't go to the "strip" ~ She's NOT broken in yet :D 9,820 on the Odo. 74 miles a month, on average.

no no no....

you can bring the car, but just don't run it then, have it parked with the rest of us... or... park it in the lot and just watch :) and 10k is plenty broken in :) it is just like merging on a highway, you are stopped, then you floor it :) of course burnouts and brake tourqing are fun too...

more info!.... too bad we can't get a section about this going instead of just this thread... or make it a sticky... I *defintily* want to do this...

then I am moving to FL in July... the now more Northern meets :(

we need to have atleast 2 though, so I can bring the '79 to one meet, and the '93 to another :)

I need to beat my 15.9 @85mph with the '93... and I am REALLY interested to see what the '79 will run.... as of late, I think it'll be much better then what I though it would run...

Sandy
01-01-05, 11:03 PM
I need to beat my 15.9 @85mph with the '93.......

{If I have to watch you run that '93 ~ I will get very sick! :tisk: }

Last Year for Model. Rarest Model of the model year. Rarest Color. One Year only color. Very excellent condition, Burning rubber & being abused!

I will definately bring Advils & Pepto Pink

davesdeville
01-02-05, 04:30 AM
Flooring it once in awhile won't hurt it, jeez. :annoyed:

And if something breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

Ralph
01-02-05, 04:49 AM
Flooring it once in awhile won't hurt it, jeez. :annoyed:

And if something breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

See Sandy, our garage Queens are never appreciated until all the others on the street are rotted from salt corrosion, then WE WILL be laughing. :D

Sandy
01-02-05, 10:11 AM
Thing is this. I actually ordered a 1993 Cadillac Sixty Special C*O*U*P*E ~~ around August 1992. This model had been listed in preliminary GM printed literature, such as the "Advance Dealer Information" portfolio. We in the know were aware that the 1994 "C" body was to be ALL NEW and the FWD Sixty Special was toast. Therefore, the Coupes were also going. I thought it would be sweet to have the last year Fleetwood (a.k.a. Sixty Special) COUPE ! For a color, I chose "Slate Bronze" with matching roof and Light Neutral (beige) leather interior plus (of course) every option. The reason for this was THAT was the sole NEW COLOR for 1993. Otherwise it might be mistaken for a 1992.

About 10 days after ordering, my dealer called me in and gave me (I still have a photocopy he made me) a letter from Cadillac telling that the 1993 Sixty Special was (has been) discontinued and directing dealers to switch the few buyers who ordered them to Coupe deVilles. For me, that was UNacceptible, as I loved the fender skirts on them, and the "Coupe" didn't have them.

Severly depressed, I took back my deposit and waited 8 months, until late April 1993 to place my order for the same car (as a 4-Door). However, I changed to the Dark Plum and then had the idea....what if we try & put a WHITE interior in it....... you know the rest......

So, bacically, (few options missing, i.e. moonroof) Night Wolf's got the car I had ordered, sans the fender skirts (which we are working on....right, Rick?).
I just hurt when it gets abused!! There are very very very few like it.
It's 11 years later and the car still is a beautiful car. The last "classic" Cadillac - before it put on visual weight and got "pudgy" looking....

Night Wolf
01-02-05, 12:15 PM
Yeah, my car isn't high on options.. I'll send you the picture of the options some time... I have the same interrior that you were going to get.. the neutral tan :)

I am working on the moon roof... I don't like after market ones, and first time I see one at a junkyard that is not damaged form a similar car, I am pulling it, and getting it installed by a good body shop... then it would be like my car had it... plus I like it... and i'll help hide the part fo my roof where the clear coat is fading (damn GM) or I'll have to get the roof re-painted...

This car hardly gets abused :) besides the winter, which it is not driven in... I spend a few hours *every weekend* detailing it... preventative maintenace is a thing like no other, and the second something even hints at giving me a problem in the future, it is replaced, she gets premium fluids (Mobil 1 synthetic oil etc...) and I only run the engine hard once things have fully warmed up etc... engines don't like to be babied their whole life :)

If I can get fender skirts that fit my car, and get them painted etc... I would... it kinda goes with the car, atleast the car looks good without them though... and, unlike lighter colors, it wont have the real obvious half-circle line from the skirt etc...

"Next up we have a Mustang and a................Cadillac!?" (actual quote from annoucner)

good times :)

Night Wolf
01-02-05, 12:24 PM
Here ya go Sandy :)

besides the leather... I don't think/know if my car has any other options... unless the stuff it has wasn't standard...

my Oldsmobile OTOH, the service manual defines all the codes, that car has quite a few neat little options :)

Sandy
01-02-05, 03:58 PM
Just got home, Rick. I'll go to work on it right now, and post when done, herein, Okay ?

Katshot
01-02-05, 04:48 PM
It shouldn't be hard to get at least a couple meets in before you move. We can start in April or May?

Sandy
01-02-05, 05:44 PM
Starting at the top with the VIN:
1=USA BUILT
G=GENERAL MOTORS
6=CADILLAC
CD=COUPE DE VILLE
1=2-DOOR COUPE
3=ACTIVE BELTS/DRIVER AIR BAG (RESTRAINT TYPE)
B=4.9l V-8 (L-26) (EINGINE CODE - CADILLAC EXCLUSIVE)
1=CHECK DIGIT
P=MODEL YEAR (1993)
4=ASSEMBLY PLANT (LAKE ORION, MICHIGAN)
241,009 SEQUENCE OF BUILD NUMBER. THEY BEGAN AT 200,001, MEANING THAT YOUR CAR WAS THE 41,008th 1993 'C' BODY MADE, OUT OF 130,647 TOTAL SIXTY SPECIALS, SEDAN DE VILLES & COUPE DE VILLES. 89,666 'C' BODIES AFTER YOURS AND 41,007 PRIOR TO YOURS. 4,711 WAS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF 1993 COUPE DE VILLES, 3,233 WERE MADE AFTER YOURS AND 1,477 COUPE DE VILLES WERE MADE BEFORE YOURS.

AJ3= DRIVER AIR BAG
AM6=SPLIT BENCH FRONT SEAT
AT6=MANUAL PASSENGER RECLINER
A79=MANUAL DRIVER RECLINER
A91=POWER TRUNK PULL DOWN
B48=CADILLAC TRUNK MAT
CB4=LANDAU VINYL ROOF
C68=AUTO. TEMP. CONTROL HVAC
C93=OPERA LAMPS
C97=ILLUMINATED ENTRY SYSTEM
DAO=FRONT SEAT STORAGE ARMREST
DD8=AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
DK2=DUAL EXT. MIRRORS, POWER WITH ELEC. DEFROSTERS
D64=MULTI-LEVEL LIGHTING INTENSITY ILLUMINATED VANITY MIRRORS
D74=VARIABLE SLIDING MULTI-LEVEL CONTROL ON D64
D83=DELETE LOWER PANEL EXTRERIOR ACCENT COLOR (MONOTONE CAR)
D98=BODYSIDE & DECK LID ACCENT PIN STRIPE
FE1=STANDARD SUSPENSION SYSTEM
FP3=2.73:1 FINAL DRIVE RATIO
1Q4=COUPE DEVILLE INTERIOR TRIM CODE
JM4=POWER DISC BRAKE / CAST IRON STEEL DRUM REARS
KG9=140 AMP. GENERATOR
L26=4.9L V-8 M.F.I. CADILLAC EXCLUSIVE
MXO=AUTOMATIC WITH OVERDRIVE
M13=4-SPEED ELECTRONIC SHIFT SYSTEM
NA5=FEDERAL LEVEL EMISSIONS STANDARD TESTING
NP5=LEATHER STEERING WHEEL WRAP
N91=WIRE WHEEL DISCS
ORN=COUPE DE VILLE STANDARD ORNAMENTATION
PG1=16X6 STEEL WHEELS
QG2=STANDARD SIZE WHITESIDEWALL TIRES
R8P=CONTROL SALES ITEM #65
UW4=6-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM
UX1=STANDARD STEREO & CASSETTE WITH GRAPHIC EQUALIZER
U23=STANDARD ANALOG DASH WITH TRIP ODOMETER
U75=POWER ANTENNA
V73= ???
YL1=LEATHER INTERIOR SEATING SURFACES
YN6=PROCESSING STOCK INVENTORY ORDER
YN7= ???
Y28= ???
1SB= OPTION GROUP 'B' (INCLUDES A91/B48/C97/D74)
48A= "SANDSTONE" ACCENT STRIPE COLOR
521= LIGHT NEUTRAL INTERIOR COLOR
524= MEDIUM NEUTRAL INTERIOR TRIM
59T= SLATE BRONZE VINYL ROOF COLOR
59U= SLATE BRONZE EXTERIOR PAINT COLOR - MONOTONE
6HD= ???
7HD= ???
8SL= ???
9SL= SUSPENSION SYSTEM ELECTRONIC TYPE
WA-9894= G.M. PAINT # FOR SLATE BRONZE METALLIC
A7226= INTERIOR STYLE CODE

HAPPY ?
Other than 1SB your OTHER options are Leather Interior and Wire Wheel Discs. Thats it.

Night Wolf
01-02-05, 10:29 PM
what are wire wheel discs?

are those the hubcaps that simulate wire wheels? if so.. I thought those were stock?

I am glad my car has the lower paint color delete, I like the monotone... now only if GM could get the paint to stick to that plastic cladding....

Here is a question... the Coupe is 3" shorter then the Sedan... all 3" are lost in rear seat leg room... they were built at the same factory? where they branched off, made shorter, then joined the line again? how did that work out? didn't that also mean other things like the exhaust system, wiring etc.. had to be specific for the Coupe?

If I was to ever buy a new car, it would have every option it could get... sadly, mine dosn't have many options... but alot of stuff was standard.... although I have made it better... real wood trim inside, nice wheels, nice sound system... want to add Astro roof in the future etc...

April would be a great time to start.... I can't wait too.. I'd love to get a few meets in before the big move...

Sandy
01-02-05, 11:00 PM
The "wheel covers" that it's wearing in this picture. No, they were not standard!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6167&stc=1
The bodies were different, the Coupe 3" shorter, yes on the exhaust system, no on the frame.

evilrussian
01-02-05, 11:01 PM
Starting at the top with the VIN:
1=USA BUILT
G=GENERAL MOTORS
6=CADILLAC
CD=COUPE DE VILLE
1=2-DOOR COUPE
3=ACTIVE BELTS/DRIVER AIR BAG (RESTRAINT TYPE)
B=4.9l V-8 (L-26) (EINGINE CODE - CADILLAC EXCLUSIVE)
1=CHECK DIGIT
P=MODEL YEAR (1993)
4=ASSEMBLY PLANT (LAKE ORION, MICHIGAN)
241,009 SEQUENCE OF BUILD NUMBER. THEY BEGAN AT 200,001, MEANING THAT YOUR CAR WAS THE 41,008th 1993 'C' BODY MADE, OUT OF 130,647 TOTAL SIXTY SPECIALS, SEDAN DE VILLES & COUPE DE VILLES. 89,666 'C' BODIES AFTER YOURS AND 41,007 PRIOR TO YOURS. 4,711 WAS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF 1993 COUPE DE VILLES, 3,233 WERE MADE AFTER YOURS AND 1,477 COUPE DE VILLES WERE MADE BEFORE YOURS.

AJ3= DRIVER AIR BAG
AM6=SPLIT BENCH FRONT SEAT
AT6=MANUAL PASSENGER RECLINER
A79=MANUAL DRIVER RECLINER
A91=POWER TRUNK PULL DOWN
B48=CADILLAC TRUNK MAT
CB4=LANDAU VINYL ROOF
C68=AUTO. TEMP. CONTROL HVAC
C93=OPERA LAMPS
C97=ILLUMINATED ENTRY SYSTEM
DAO=FRONT SEAT STORAGE ARMREST
DD8=AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
DK2=DUAL EXT. MIRRORS, POWER WITH ELEC. DEFROSTERS
D64=MULTI-LEVEL LIGHTING INTENSITY ILLUMINATED VANITY MIRRORS
D74=VARIABLE SLIDING MULTI-LEVEL CONTROL ON D64
D83=DELETE LOWER PANEL EXTRERIOR ACCENT COLOR (MONOTONE CAR)
D98=BODYSIDE & DECK LID ACCENT PIN STRIPE
FE1=STANDARD SUSPENSION SYSTEM
FP3=2.73:1 FINAL DRIVE RATIO
1Q4=COUPE DEVILLE INTERIOR TRIM CODE
JM4=POWER DISC BRAKE / CAST IRON STEEL DRUM REARS
KG9=140 AMP. GENERATOR
L26=4.9L V-8 M.F.I. CADILLAC EXCLUSIVE
MXO=AUTOMATIC WITH OVERDRIVE
M13=4-SPEED ELECTRONIC SHIFT SYSTEM
NA5=FEDERAL LEVEL EMISSIONS STANDARD TESTING
NP5=LEATHER STEERING WHEEL WRAP
N91=WIRE WHEEL DISCS
ORN=COUPE DE VILLE STANDARD ORNAMENTATION
PG1=16X6 STEEL WHEELS
QG2=STANDARD SIZE WHITESIDEWALL TIRES
R8P=CONTROL SALES ITEM #65
UW4=6-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM
UX1=STANDARD STEREO & CASSETTE WITH GRAPHIC EQUALIZER
U23=STANDARD ANALOG DASH WITH TRIP ODOMETER
U75=POWER ANTENNA
V73= ???
YL1=LEATHER INTERIOR SEATING SURFACES
YN6=PROCESSING STOCK INVENTORY ORDER
YN7= ???
Y28= ???
1SB= OPTION GROUP 'B' (INCLUDES A91/B48/C97/D74)
48A= "SANDSTONE" ACCENT STRIPE COLOR
521= LIGHT NEUTRAL INTERIOR COLOR
524= MEDIUM NEUTRAL INTERIOR TRIM
59T= SLATE BRONZE VINYL ROOF COLOR
59U= SLATE BRONZE EXTERIOR PAINT COLOR - MONOTONE
6HD= ???
7HD= ???
8SL= ???
9SL= SUSPENSION SYSTEM ELECTRONIC TYPE
WA-9894= G.M. PAINT # FOR SLATE BRONZE METALLIC
A7226= INTERIOR STYLE CODE

HAPPY ?
Other than 1SB your OTHER options are Leather Interior and Wire Wheel Discs. Thats it.
:eek: Wow, it couldn't get any more specific than that! I wish I had access to sources like that. Sandy, please let me know if there a site I could go to to find out info on my 83 Sedan DeVille. Or, if I posted a picture of a sticker, you could decode it? Please, I had this Cad for 9 years and it has been in the family for 15 yrs. I would love to know if there is anything special about it, as far as options. Please help, you are my hero! :worship:

Kevin, sorry for hijacking your thread ;)

Sandy
01-03-05, 01:06 AM
I do very much appreciate your kind words. Sadly, I have NOTHING on any 1983 Cadillac. When I bought my 1993, I knocked myself out with the powers-that-were at Cadillac at the time to obtian as much inter-corporate info as I could to not only document MY car, but to document the 1993 build of all 1993 Cadillacs. Therefore, yes, I really do have loads & loads of stuff, everything from the Pre-Product Launch Kit (Dated 5/92) to the Dealer Advance Order Guide (Dated 8/92) to the HUGH 300 page Product Guide, to the Advertising Plan/Program for the model year, to every style sales catalog and dealer-only promo stuff and finally model year end wrap up of HOW they were built, Option Installation-wise, Interior usage-wise and color usage per model, along with salesmen's guides and pricing, videos, and press kits. Also have dicumentation from Orion Assembly as to the uniqueness of MY car and letter of verication of my car as a 1-off from Cadillac Corporate, color chip charts, as handed out to potential buyers and master color chips books. Have A FEW photocopies of Division letters (from Peter Gerosa, then Head of Cadillac) to dealers along the way during 1993, regarding a few running changes.
The 1993 Cadillacs were my favorite. To me, it was the last year of the Classic "Cadillac-Look" before heading off to redefine itself and do battle with the foreign cars.
There were so many many "Lasts" that took place in 1993. Last Vinyl Roof on a FWD Cadillac, end of the Opera Lights, End of Chrome Bumpers on a FWD Cadillac, end of White Leather Interior, end of so many items that were Cadillac hallmarks for decades!!!

Night Wolf
01-03-05, 01:32 AM
The only thing with alot of the "lasts" that I like on my '93.... the '93-'96 Fleetwood carried on... but, IMO... that isn't a real Cadillac.... Chevy frame, Chevy engine etc....

Sandy... how were you able to get all this stuff from them? you couldn't have just went to them and said... I'm going to buy a car from you... so I'd like all this info....

wow... if I ever got ahold of half the stuff you have, that would be great.. I tried to start a collection of 1993 Cadillac stuff... I got the product brochure.. but then it kinda stopped from there :)

I thought the 15" steel wheels and hubcaps were standard.... if they weren't... then what was?

Here is a better pic of the car in it's origanal shape.... actually, this is one of the origanal dealer pictures.. back in May 2003, when the car had 78k miles on her... and all stock :)

looked so.... innocent at the time :)

Night Wolf
01-03-05, 01:39 AM
that was a dealer in Orlando, FL.... where the car remained... I don't know any history on the car, or origanal owners etc... it was bought from a private dealer... there is a little "story" that goes with the car too...

but... coming in on 2 years now... since I actually bought the car never driving it, hearing it... hell, even looking at the pictures!... then about a week after we wired the money to him he got a bunch of pictures together.... boy did I get a nice car! :) the car, along with others were "vandalized"... with mine, the hood ornament was gone, along with the turnk lock cover broekn off and the 4.9 V8 badge on the back... it was advertised as OBO, but they didn't want to budge on the price, so we told them we want all new badges/hoob ornament, brand new, gold, from Cadillac... and they did... they also put 2 of the most crappy tires imagineable on the front, and left the worn Vouges on the back... honestly, I wish the car had 4 worn Vouges...then the car remained in FL for about a month before my mothers fiancee flew down, picked the car up, drove it while down there, then drove it up to NY... where she sat for 2 months before I got my license and was able to drive it.... But... coming up on 2 years, that is what $4,450 could get you :)

Sandy
01-03-05, 02:34 AM
That's my #1 favorite picture of your '93 ! I like it bone stock and clean!!! :thumbsup:

In a word, I got all of that stuff thru PERSISTANCE. My dealer also gave me ALOT and gave me names to contact at Cadillac, and like one call led to another & I wrote down names and "dropped names" and I waited until like August of 1993, when they didn't care about 1993 "stuff" any longer, and it was ALL ABOUT 1994 !!!! I had also made friends there what with the contacts pertaining to the manufacture of my Sixty Special, 'ya know what with the special interior and the Fleetwood Trim Shop and the at the time Orion Plant asst. manager, and all that good fuzzy stuff. I'm sure that there's lots of stuff I didn't get, too that the dumpsters got :eek: ~ I made good frieds with the person in distribution, as well.

I'd take your car, add a factory moonroof, return it to the above picture status, and bust my rump finding those aftermarket 91-93 DeVille fender skirts to install. THAT would be very hard to find, but I'd really try hard.
Might have to also order one of those s i x t y . s p e c i a l plaques for the rear deck, where you have the plaque that calls out the engine litres, and remove that to the glove box.

DaveSmed
01-03-05, 02:46 AM
April.... Kevin, do you know of the Bucks County Tech School show? I could probably get us in as a club there. Also, I know a guy who usually shows up who has a white 61 convertible, with white/black interior with Bucket seats! One of four made with Buckets!

RPO Codes From 90-92. Other years may apply.

http://smedco.net/GMRPOCodes.pdf

EDIT: Hmm. It appears I'm a bit over quota on my ISP webserver. Any one got some extra space? If you have broadband of some sort, chances are you do. I can help you set it up.

Night Wolf
01-03-05, 03:20 AM
Wow.... that definitly seemed like alot of work....

I heard that Cadillac was "supposed" to come out with a Coupe DeVille for 1995... the 2nd year of production with the "new" DeVille.. but after seeing the 1994 DeVille, they decided to drop the Coupe all together... have you heard anything about that?

I still have the 4 steel wheels, 2 with nice, but worn Vouges... 2 with new, put complete POS Made in China "Enduro" brand tires... and all 4 hubcaps/center caps in the garage to put them back on would require me to jack up the car and pull out the lug wrench :)

Knowing that I was going to have to replace the .... crappy/worn tires on my 15" steel wheels... plus my father having 2 good tires form his Grand Prix sitting around... that were 16"... and me not really liking the whole hubcap thing... for a few reasons... 1 being, they made the car look cheap and alot older... etc... but I saw some pictures of our car....with these wheels.... seeing this picture is what made me *really* want these wheels... for 2+ months I searched, and searched ebay... until I finally found exactly what I wanted... and... $338 *after* shipping for brand new, set of 4 burshed aluminam, polished and clear coated wheels.... with center caps.... well... not much more to add :)

Here are the pictures I saw... How do you like the wheels with skirts? :)

http://www.marinmarin.com/marin/zaiko/93cadillac/93cady60.htm

I liked that they were 16" wheels, they were actual wheels... no hub caps.. and looked really, really nice... I had first wanted '96 Seville STS wheels (the 7 spoked chrome ones) but I saw a '92 COupe DeVille on ebay with a set... it looked real bad... then I saw that picture.. and it makes sense... instead of going with the touring version.. check out the luxury version, since the Seville SLS is already more "sporty" then the DeVille... so I did just that...

One thing I do miss are the white walls... and like that 60... I should have got the pencil-line WW... but i was told you coudln't get WW in a 16" tire... after seeing a new DeVille and a Town Car, both with 16" wheels in the same parking lot I realized that was a lie.. but, it was too late... the serrated edge on my tires looks real nice when they are shined up though :)

Then I bought 2 new tires, and put those on the front and my fathers older tires on the back... still havn't got the rear tires balanced.. I think that is what my vibration is from too... Anyway, I like them alot.. the car, witht he new wheels/tires rides and handles alot better also...

Out of all the factory wheels, besides yours which are rare.. my other favorite are these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7943038945&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I love that style alot... I was very, very close to bidding on those... I figured i would get a nice set of 15" tires, put them on there, and I can swithc them... but then the bidding topped $100... then $80 for shipping... right now atleast, I have better ways to spend $180... like get 2 new rear tires on my Olds (just got new front tires).... but one day I'll get a ncie set of those... I really like them too....

Anyway... the outside is pretty much the same... I added the gold wreaths around the door locks... because I like them.... and I added 4 generic splash guards, the 2 in the back are breaking off (broke the plastic cladding I screwed them into) so I am just going to pull them, but I'll keep the front ones on... they really help in the rain to keep the amount of water/dirt splashed on the car down... and, when my car gets dirty from being driven in the rain, the pattern of the dirt looks pretty cool... in a sick way... plus the guards look neat on the car... other then that I added blue headlight bulbs.. because the stock ones were pretty bad (actually the headlights on this car are bad period) and, in the day they add a cool blue glow to the headlights...

Other then that, on the inside I added the real wood trim to the dash that looks far, far better then the plastic stuff.... and the factory AM/FM/Cassette player was broke in FL and my Alpine cd player was installed down there... I am into home/car audio and really enjoy my music... so I have, and will finish building up the sound system.. the stock system, while pretty good (still using factory front 4 speakers) is simply not good enough for me...

other then that, future plans are... find a good moon roof... I would like to tint the windows... then just more plans with the sound system..... I have no intentions of making this car go any faster then it is, as the '79 is my go-fast car... now I just enjoy the Coupe and keep her in best shape I can...

I would like to know exactly what is diffrent between the Sixty and DeVille quarter panel, that a FW/60 skirt wont fit... I am sure it could be customized... all I can say is... if you can find me a pair that'll fit my car.. .I'll get them painted and on the car in minutes :) I'll keep an eye out, but if it was a rare mail-order type option... then I don't think I'll ever see them around

oh, also my Service SSS light is on.... the bulb was conveintly missing when I bought the car, according to the codes, both front struts have failed.. so when I get the money/feel like doing it/car starts riding bad... I want to convert all the sturts to passive... and I need to fix the leak in the rear air struts...

Keeping the car stock and all is nice.... for a garage queen with less then 10k miles on it :) but on a car I use daily (in nice weather)... and a car I will "use" for a long, long time... I make it custom to how I like it... that included the wheels, real wood dash trim, nice stereo, future tinted windows etc... I get compliments all the time with that car... even at the junkyard the owner was staring out the window "those aren't the origanal wheels on that are they?" no "oh.....wow, that is a sharp looking car"

But I have the best of all 3 words :) the '93 has the luxury/sporty alloy wheels, the '79 has real spoked wheels... and the Oldsmobile is stick with it's 14" wheels and wire wheel disc hub caps... they look just like the ones ont he '93 :) except the numb-nut at Sears pryed the center cap off wrong, so the Rocket medallion fell off, I have 1 I need to JB Weld back on (as I did with one of the DeVille's) but the other is gone... so I need to hit ebay and try and find a center cap for my wheel... or go to the junkyard and see if they have one... really isn't noticeable.. but I like it... now I know.. never time i go for any tire service, the hubcaps come off (they were just throwing the hubcaps around too... not a big deal on the Olds, but if it was the DeVille, I'd be pissed) and for the '93, the center caps come off.. I don't need them getting scratched up...

DaveSmed
01-03-05, 03:30 AM
The rims you were considering, the ones in the ebay link? Those are standard on the Devilles. ...And the steelies with the hubcaps are an option? Didn't say it made any sense.....

Night Wolf
01-03-05, 03:37 AM
how do you know that?

I hardly ever see these cars with those wheels... although a guy down the road has a nice '91 Sedan DeVille... blue.. with those wheels and white walls... I really like those wheels...

so those were standard... and my hubcaps were optional? why would any one ever want the hubcaps... geezee... if I had those wheels... I would have never gotten the new ones I have now... I think they look nice...

Katshot
01-03-05, 06:48 AM
The only thing with alot of the "lasts" that I like on my '93.... the '93-'96 Fleetwood carried on... but, IMO... that isn't a real Cadillac.... Chevy frame, Chevy engine etc....

Sandy... how were you able to get all this stuff from them? you couldn't have just went to them and said... I'm going to buy a car from you... so I'd like all this info....

wow... if I ever got ahold of half the stuff you have, that would be great.. I tried to start a collection of 1993 Cadillac stuff... I got the product brochure.. but then it kinda stopped from there :)

I thought the 15" steel wheels and hubcaps were standard.... if they weren't... then what was?

Here is a better pic of the car in it's origanal shape.... actually, this is one of the origanal dealer pictures.. back in May 2003, when the car had 78k miles on her... and all stock :)

looked so.... innocent at the time :)

Now you went and did it! The '93-'96 Fleetwoods NOT "REAL" Cadillacs?!
I can feel the hair on my neck starting to stand up!

Sandy
01-03-05, 11:33 AM
"" I heard that Cadillac was "supposed" to come out with a Coupe DeVille for 1995... the 2nd year of production with the "new" DeVille.. but after seeing the 1994 DeVille, they decided to drop the Coupe all together... have you heard anything about that? ""

It was a thought that never happened. It died on the planning table.
Those rims you like on e bay were the standard wheels on the 93 deVille, the wire wheel covers were optional, the Fleetwood (60 Special Lacy Spoke) rims were an option as were my chrome "mirrior" rims. There were actually 4 wheel appearance choices.

Night Wolf
01-03-05, 05:04 PM
Now you went and did it! The '93-'96 Fleetwoods NOT "REAL" Cadillacs?!
I can feel the hair on my neck starting to stand up!

:)

they are still sweet cars... if I really knew about the '94-'96 when I was picking a car... I may have had one now :) but.... I like Caddy engines :)

Sandy.... why would nice alloy wheels be standard, while hubcaps are optional? ugh... who would do that....

Sandy
01-03-05, 06:49 PM
According to my specs, 39% of the people selected the Wires over the standard Cast Aluminum, (11%) while 41% opted for the Fleetwood Rim, the Cast Lacy, as on Ralph's car and 9% on my Chromed Cast Mirror Wheels.

davesdeville
01-04-05, 04:42 AM

Fleetwoods from 86 on had other companies engines because Caddy simply didn't have an engine up to moving a heavy car. The 93-96s had a Chevy frame but it's RWD, has traditional styling and rides smooth like a big Caddy should. It's every bit as real Cadillac as a little front driver.

Katshot
01-04-05, 09:02 AM
:)

they are still sweet cars... if I really knew about the '94-'96 when I was picking a car... I may have had one now :) but.... I like Caddy engines :)

Sandy.... why would nice alloy wheels be standard, while hubcaps are optional? ugh... who would do that....

Just bustin' your stones! ;)

brougham
01-04-05, 04:32 PM
Fleetwoods had the same frame as the older ones did. They didn't have a Chevy frame :bonkers:

Blackout
01-04-05, 11:23 PM
Why would anybody want to come out and see that POS Caddy of yours Katshot? When they could see that awesome 1990 Deville your son has :lildevil:

illumina
01-04-05, 11:26 PM
welcome back???

oh well, you don't know me anyways, but i agree: go for the '90 deville...;)

DaveSmed
01-04-05, 11:31 PM
Why would anybody want to come out and see that POS Caddy of yours Katshot? When they could see that awesome 1990 Deville your son has :lildevil:

LOL! Gonna run it? :yup:

Blackout
01-04-05, 11:37 PM
LOL! Gonna run it? :yup:No problem! All I have to do is go out to the driveway and pop the hood and start yanking on suff until it doesn't run and I guess I win by default ;)

Blackout
01-04-05, 11:38 PM
welcome back???

oh well, you don't know me anyways, but i agree: go for the '90 deville...;)I remember you. If my memory serves me correct I think we used to not see eye to eye on a decent amount of things but I could be thinking about someone else.

DaveSmed
01-05-05, 12:17 AM
No problem! All I have to do is go out to the driveway and pop the hood and start yanking on suff until it doesn't run and I guess I win by default ;)

... Until he decides to commandeer the Deville... :sneaky:

illumina
01-05-05, 12:28 AM
I remember you. If my memory serves me correct I think we used to not see eye to eye on a decent amount of things but I could be thinking about someone else.

no. you and i never had a run in...unless you bad-mouthed my seville or something, but i really don't recall you ever doing that. you're probably thinking of someone else.

i get along with everyone...including me!

Blackout
01-05-05, 12:45 AM
... Until he decides to commandeer the Deville... :sneaky:oh he knows better then that :gungrin: But how's your Caddy doing? The last I heard you got smacked on the door or the fender or something like that. You get that fixed?

DaveSmed
01-05-05, 12:55 AM
T-boned by a Civic of all things. Got it fixed, but still a few bugs in the repair to work out, namely the rear cigarette lighter and dome lights are possessed. Here's a pic post-repair http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3315/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/503

Not too bad, especially considering the front door is off a different model!

How's spec-v holding up? Still launching the hell out of your sis's car? :D

Blackout
01-05-05, 08:32 PM
T-boned by a Civic of all things. Got it fixed, but still a few bugs in the repair to work out, namely the rear cigarette lighter and dome lights are possessed. Here's a pic post-repair http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3315/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/503

Not too bad, especially considering the front door is off a different model!

How's spec-v holding up? Still launching the hell out of your sis's car? :DShe's looking good :2thumbs: Where did you take the pic at? I'm guessing thats the Delaware River behind you? But the Spec V is still kicking. My sis never lets me drive it but everytime I do I'm just reminded as to why I love my Caddy so much more then that thing. Too rough of a ride and with the abuse me and her put on it it rides so damn bad. But the day after X-Mas when we got that little bit of snow the roads froze around here and she hit a patch of ice and smacked it into a curb and bent the inner tie rod and I was lucky enough to get to driveit down the road to the garage, and boy was that an experience. Just going straight down the road I let go of the steering wheel and the steering wheel was going back and forth like it was posessed by Kitt from Knight Rider but yet the car was still going straight :hmm: But as soon as that gets brought back thats when I'm going car shopping since its still under my name so nobody will let me get another car with it still saying that I'm currently leasing one still

DaveSmed
01-06-05, 12:19 AM
Thanks! It is the Delaware, at the Bristol Waterfront. The other pics in photopost were taken at the Neshaminy state park by the boat launching ramp along the river. Bummer about the tie rod and the leasing issue. At least no property/personal damage, and a tie rod isn't that bad. Glad to hear the Deville is treating you well though.

DaveSmed
01-27-05, 12:13 AM
The Philadelphia Auto Show is coming up, Feb 5-13. Anyone here considering going? If so, what day?

danbuc
01-31-05, 02:54 AM
I think I might be going on Sunday. I'll probably take the train if I do go. It apparently stops almost right in front of the place.

DaveSmed
02-10-05, 02:42 PM
Anybody want tickets? I have two more VIP tickets (come with show program) that I doubt i'm going to use......