: SRX Performance tuning

BNRacing
01-31-13, 11:08 PM
I haven't seen much interest here in tuning the ECM/TCM on the SRX, but I want to let you guys that are interested know that we are a Trifecta performance dealer and we sell the tunes and cables for less than direct pricing. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have about tuning!

doug goldberg
02-01-13, 11:08 AM
Do you have measured HP and torque curves with / without. I assume you need to buy the cable to flash the tune? Can the cable be used to also read OBD-2 error codes etc? Is the tune compatible with the improved throttle body. Does the tune require premium fuel?

Thanks.

mfdoc911
02-01-13, 12:56 PM
Do you have a product for the 3.0 liter in the 2011's

ricksutliffe
02-01-13, 03:34 PM
Price, specs, availability for 2012 3.6L

BNRacing
02-01-13, 07:40 PM
Glad there is some interest!

We also include TCM tuning at no extra cost. It will hold gears longer and shift firmer. Throttle response is improved as well, we can eliminate the "dead spot" most of the 3.6s experience.

Pricing on the tune is $300 and the cable is $150. $450 total shipped to your door. You also get free retunes for life so if you throw on an intake or exhaust, well adjust the tune for free.

Here are some dyno results-

This is for the LF1 3.0 engine-

http://badnewsracing.net/images/dynos/2010BuickLaCrosseLF1DynoTune.jpg

This is for the LLT (2008-2011 3.6 V6)-

http://badnewsracing.net/images/dynos/2011ChevroletCamaroLLT.jpg

This is for the LFX (2012+ 3.6 V6)-

http://badnewsracing.net/images/dynos/2012LFX.jpg

BNRacing
02-01-13, 07:41 PM
Do you have measured HP and torque curves with / without. I assume you need to buy the cable to flash the tune? Can the cable be used to also read OBD-2 error codes etc? Is the tune compatible with the improved throttle body. Does the tune require premium fuel?

Thanks.

We do not require premium fuel on the 3.6 tunes. Yes the cable can also clear OBD2 CELs. The tune is compatible with the ported throttle bodies- it's a custom tune. You flash the tune, data log the car, send us the log you recorded, we send you back an updated tune if needed.

doug goldberg
02-02-13, 09:33 AM
Neat! I like the idea of "custom" tunes. How do the TCM updates work with the eco/sport modes? Is the shifting changed in all modes?

BNRacing
02-02-13, 12:38 PM
We should be able to make it shift like stock in D and shift harder and at different points in M

miamictsv
02-03-13, 11:16 AM
We do not require premium fuel on the 3.6 tunes. Yes the cable can also clear OBD2 CELs. The tune is compatible with the ported throttle bodies- it's a custom tune. You flash the tune, data log the car, send us the log you recorded, we send you back an updated tune if needed.

Do you have a map for premium fuel and is there any gains to be had? I would run premium if i can get and extra 10-15whp. Can i backup the original tune with the cable and i assume software that you are providing ?
Thank you

BNRacing
02-04-13, 12:38 AM
Do you have a map for premium fuel and is there any gains to be had? I would run premium if i can get and extra 10-15whp. Can i backup the original tune with the cable and i assume software that you are providing ?
Thank you

The map we have is made for premium fuel but the knock sensors are so sensitive and calibrated in such a way that if you run 87 octane it will "detune" the timing curve. But yes if you run premium it will make the full 20 or so whp. We include the stock tune with every purchase, and you do have the ability to use our software to take a backup of it if you wanted to make your own rather than trust ours

miamictsv
02-04-13, 09:54 AM
The map we have is made for premium fuel but the knock sensors are so sensitive and calibrated in such a way that if you run 87 octane it will "detune" the timing curve. But yes if you run premium it will make the full 20 or so whp. We include the stock tune with every purchase, and you do have the ability to use our software to take a backup of it if you wanted to make your own rather than trust ours

Thank you, one last thing i want to ask. Have you done E85 tune yet ? What will be the gains over the gas tune ? Thank you

BNRacing
02-04-13, 12:58 PM
We have done E85 on the LLT and LFX in the Camaro, gains are around 10HP on E85 vs 93 tune. It's not really worth it to run E85 on the 3.6