: Hoppin on a Mustang!

Pillow
01-31-13, 09:18 AM
Yay, first traffic light kill :)

A nice rainy night with a lone traffic light that stretched out miles until the next light... The Mustang is sitting patiently at the light as I roll up beside. You know what is going to happen before you even roll into the light. The silent nod and wait for the green!

I took it easy through 1st as to not spin due to the wet pavement. A nice crisp shift into 2nd and I opened her up... I pulled away from the Mustang pretty easily. BUT I also broke traction and started to "hop" in the rear. I was not happy about that. Hit 3rd quickly to stop the spinning and tapered off at about 80.

I am not sure what motor the Mustang had in it, so it could be a hollow victory if it is a lowly V6. I've had V6 Stangs as rentals and they are terrible.

Fun, but yet disturbing about the hop in 2nd. Well see on how to remedy that later. It wasn't bad, but different "feel" than any other wheel spinning in different vehicles.

Mostly I drive like an old man... So this is a fun deviation from the norm :)

BTW this was on a closed race course, do not try at home. ;)

darkman
01-31-13, 09:44 AM
Ibtl.

Get some axles for the wheelhop.

HAMSTAR
01-31-13, 10:19 AM
and revshift cradle bushings

rand49er
01-31-13, 10:22 AM
Ibtl. ...Yeah that.

Pillow
01-31-13, 10:34 AM
Ibtl.

LOL oops, I did not realize this topicality was verboten. :)

Thanks for the tip drivetrain tips! I'll be doing some more research!

rand49er
01-31-13, 10:41 AM
I thoughtlessly did this once. Unlike yours, however, mine was completely wiped off the face of the earth it was so graphic.

It's easy to get caught up in the moment and you want everyone around to enjoy it, too.

253ctsv
01-31-13, 05:36 PM
I thoughtlessly did this once. Unlike yours, however, mine was completely wiped off the face of the earth it was so graphic.

It's easy to get caught up in the moment and you want everyone around to enjoy it, too.

True that lol

odthetruth
01-31-13, 10:29 PM
You guys know I have to do it...