: iPad 4

Vdoc
01-31-13, 06:29 AM
Anyone get an iPad 4 with their ATS?

Heard rumors some owners received iPad 4's but according to my dealer Cadillac only provides iPad 3 presently.

scsgoal31
01-31-13, 10:45 AM
I'm guessing the dealership you deal with has leftover iPad 3s that they need to get rid of first. My wife and I definitely got iPad 4s when we both bought earlier this month.

rustybear3
01-31-13, 10:55 AM
We got iPad 4 and we received our Car last October...

mikesul
01-31-13, 04:26 PM
Got an Ipad 4 yesterday with the car.

kevinr
01-31-13, 05:35 PM
Got an Ipad 4 yesterday with the car.

Hmm. I have to check to see which I received. I picked mine up in December -- I assumed it was an iPad 3.

bungee91
01-31-13, 06:10 PM
Hmm. I have to check to see which I received. I picked mine up in December -- I assumed it was an iPad 3.

I was thinking the same thing.. Now I have to look also!

Bertha D Blues
01-31-13, 10:01 PM
I bought my ATS in November and I received an IPAD 3, model number MC705LL/A.

Vdoc
02-01-13, 10:12 AM
Thanks to all!

I love this forum.

(Notwithstanding the doubling of horsepower per Apple and the smaller "lightening" connector there is not much practical difference between the iPad 3 and 4 by most independent tests.
I normally wouldn't care which one I received but I just got an iPhone 5 and want the same connector)

bungee91
02-01-13, 07:36 PM
I bought my ATS on the last day of November and received an iPad 3, I verified it by serial # on Apple's page, here
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Rozay619
02-01-13, 07:54 PM
I didn't get an ipad... did i miss something here??

Vdoc
02-02-13, 04:17 PM
I didn't get an ipad... did i miss something here??

As far as I know all new owners are entitiled to one. Includes good app to learn CUE.

----------

MY DEALER MADE IT RIGHT!

They rechecked latest stock and voila! I have an iPad 4 (A1458).

Now to reset the Apple ID from cadiapps@gmail.com.....

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!

chadillacATS
02-03-13, 02:42 PM
In case anyone else reads this thread and wonders how to check. All you have to do is check the model # and compare to this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452

I got an iPad 4 - model A1458 - when I picked up my ATS on Friday.

Ludacrisvp
02-03-13, 06:53 PM
No need to get as involved as model numbers. iPad 4 has the new lightning connector that replaced the 30-pin dock connector that was present in all older iPads.

concorso
02-03-13, 07:21 PM
As far as I know all new owners are entitiled to one. Includes good app to learn CUE.[COLOR="Silver"]Only in the US afaik.

Walker106
02-04-13, 01:49 AM
wait a minute i didnt hear anything about this. Is this a cadillac deal or a dealer promo? I never got an ipad with mine.

Ludacrisvp
02-04-13, 02:02 AM
As far as I have read it was a Cadillac deal for those with CUE in their car.

danscrim
02-04-13, 09:48 AM
wait a minute i didnt hear anything about this. Is this a cadillac deal or a dealer promo? I never got an ipad with mine.

Absolutely a Cadillac deal. Talk to your dealer... you are owed an iPad (assuming you bought your ATS in the US)

UPDATE: Only CUE equipped ATS models!!

Walker106
02-04-13, 11:26 AM
Was it a cue only thing? I have the std 2.0t without cue.

danscrim
02-04-13, 11:27 AM
Was it a cue only thing? I have the std 2.0t without cue.

Ah yes, you're right. On the ATS, only CUE equipped models.

Red Sox Dynasty
02-04-13, 04:48 PM
I picked up my ATS on 1/26 and got the iPad3 with the old wider connector. Would have been nice to get the newer one with Retina display since it has a faster processor and better wifi connection, but I'll take a free iPad with the new car. Loving both so far.

muthaiga
02-04-13, 07:31 PM
Received an iPad 4 when I picked up my ATS a few weeks ago.

Yplus
02-05-13, 09:27 AM
I got an iPad3, but that was because I got mine around the time of the iPad 4 announcement. It's a 16GB wifi so it went straight to my wife. I already had a 64GB LTE. Besides, the cadillac engraving looks a little feminine to me and she likes it...

RippyPartsDept
02-05-13, 11:17 AM
yes, US only (Sorry Canada, but thanks for building the XTS)

all XTS 2013 models get an iPad (all come with CUE)
ATS 2013 models with Cue get an iPad
2013 SRX does not get an iPad (even if equipped with CUE)

Ludacrisvp
02-05-13, 01:14 PM
FAIL on the SRX ... shame on you Cadillac. and Fail on the lack of Canada getting one too, this might be Apple related (costs).

Macvicar24
02-07-13, 11:24 PM
I got my 2.0T standard model, with CUE on 1/29/13, no iPad. I read your posts and inquired to my dealer on 2/5/13. They magically called me back that afternoon and had it available for me to pickup.

I went in the evening to get it and I heard the Salesman go to the Manager to get the iPad. I overheard the Manager ask, "How did he find out about it?". Anyways I got my 16GB 3rd Gen iPad and left.

Just seemed a little shady to me. It's amazing how they had it available, but forgot to give it to me.

Thank you guys for informing about this

Ludacrisvp
02-07-13, 11:26 PM
Salesman probably was planning on keeping it.

RippyPartsDept
02-08-13, 10:52 AM
that is really shady

Its an ATS
02-08-13, 03:36 PM
I got my 2.0T standard model, with CUE on 1/29/13, no iPad. I read your posts and inquired to my dealer on 2/5/13. They magically called me back that afternoon and had it available for me to pickup.

I went in the evening to get it and I heard the Salesman go to the Manager to get the iPad. I overheard the Manager ask, "How did he find out about it?". Anyways I got my 16GB 3rd Gen iPad and left.

Just seemed a little shady to me. It's amazing how they had it available, but forgot to give it to me.

Ummm, WOW! That's kinda like theft... I would make a formal complaint.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-10-13, 05:49 PM

If you would like for us to check into this further, Macvicar24, please don't hesitate to contact us either via private message or email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation for Katie).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Macvicar24
02-11-13, 02:18 AM
If you would like for us to check into this further, Macvicar24, please don't hesitate to contact us either via private message or email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation for Katie).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Just want to know if they were supposed to give the iPads out, or are they another tool to use to sell the CUE system? If they were supposed to give me the iPad, but didn't for whatever reason, I will not do business with dishonest people.

RippyPartsDept
02-11-13, 11:13 AM
as far as I know (and maybe Katie or Sarah can get 100% confirmation) they are supposed to give you the iPad upon delivery of the vehicle

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-11-13, 11:26 AM
Macvicar24,
Per my resources, all 2013 CUE Equipped ATS retail vehicles will include an IPAD. Let us know if we can help you with anything, whether it be filing a complaint or helping you locate a new dealership to work with, we're here. Our apologies that you had this experience!

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

Ludacrisvp
02-11-13, 02:14 PM
...all 2013 CUE Equipped ATS retail vehicles will include an IPAD...

Good to see official confirmation on this.
So if it is a lease vehicle does Cadillac require the iPad back or is it just a freebie for new owners/lessees only and not considered part of the car package?

rsf507
02-11-13, 07:09 PM
Im curious of this too, I am thinking of leasing an ATS, and am curious if you get an iPad with a lease as well

Ludacrisvp
02-11-13, 08:31 PM
Was at the dealer today dropping my car off for service but couldn't find a free salesman to find out.

Macvicar24
02-11-13, 11:29 PM
Macvicar24,
Per my resources, all 2013 CUE Equipped ATS retail vehicles will include an IPAD. Let us know if we can help you with anything, whether it be filing a complaint or helping you locate a new dealership to work with, we're here. Our apologies that you had this experience!

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks for the information. I just wanted to know who I was dealing with and maybe a memo could be sent out to dealers to fix this problem.

Just looks bad for Cadillac because that is the product in question.

JChen
02-11-13, 11:33 PM
So if it is a lease vehicle does Cadillac require the iPad back or is it just a freebie for new owners/lessees only and not considered part of the car package?

I'm leasing and I was given an iPad 3. Originally, I was told that I needed to return the iPad when I turn the ATS back in at the end of my term but later it was confirmed by my dealer that it was mine to keep!

zedsded
02-12-13, 06:41 PM
I received an iPad with my lease.

Hoosier Daddy
02-12-13, 09:42 PM
So if it is a lease vehicle does Cadillac require the iPad back
Its worse than that. You have to pay for excessive wear and tear on the iPad!

I'm just kidding (or at least hope so). LOL

Hoosier Daddy
02-13-13, 08:54 AM
What are the specs or model number for the free iPads? How many GB, etc.

TIA

danscrim
02-13-13, 11:49 AM
What are the specs or model number for the free iPads? How many GB, etc.

TIA

I don't have the model number but mine (received in October) was an iPad 3 (retina display but old dock connector), 16 GB WiFi Only. Engraved with 'Cadillac' on the back. Also came with a gray smart cover with 'Cadillac' on it.

Hoosier Daddy
02-13-13, 12:00 PM
I don't have the model number but mine (received in October) was an iPad 3 (retina display but old dock connector), 16 GB WiFi Only. Engraved with 'Cadillac' on the back. Also came with a gray smart cover with 'Cadillac' on it.
Thanks.

drsketch
02-17-13, 07:29 PM
They handed me An iPad 3 but I noted I wanted a 4 so they took me to the cabinet to look through them and sure enough they also had 4's which I got. Very happy too because the iPad 4 I bought my wife took over :)

Ludacrisvp
02-17-13, 07:52 PM
They handed me An iPad 3 but I noted I wanted a 4 so they took me to the cabinet to look through them and sure enough they also had 4's which I got. Very happy too because the iPad 4 I bought my wife took over :)
That was nice of you to buy your wife an iPad. :)

stevenzoz
03-30-13, 12:23 AM
Is Cadillac still doing this? I just leased an ATS with CUE on wednesday and did not hear anything about this before now

vacantif
03-30-13, 01:07 AM
Is Cadillac still doing this? I just leased an ATS with CUE on wednesday and did not hear anything about this before now

Yes. I just took delivery of my leased ATS on Monday and received my iPad 4 upon picking up the vehicle.

ffamousamos
03-31-13, 10:46 AM
Picked up my ATS 2.0 yesterday and received a IPad 4

Tallis77
03-31-13, 06:38 PM
My ATS came in this week. The iPad I received looks like an iPad 3. I suppose they have a mix.

Hoosier Daddy
03-31-13, 08:30 PM
My ATS came in this week. The iPad I received looks like an iPad 3. I suppose they have a mix.
FWIW I've seen posts from ATS buyers (with CUE) who weren't offered their iPad and I assume for every one that notices and posts there are dozens who didn't. If your dealer didn't give out some to earlier customers they are probably giving out the oldest ones they still have laying around first.

zr1mom
03-31-13, 09:15 PM
Remember your car has to have the CUE system to get the iPad. If you do then go back to the dealer and asked them where it is? Wouldn't surprise me if some sales people don't try to keep one for themselves.

RippyPartsDept
04-01-13, 12:48 PM
the iPads come in and are boxed in such a fashion that if you don't keep track of the order that they came in and give them out in that order then they will get mixed up

there is a big sticker sealing the fiber envelope that houses the apple ipad box and it says 'do not open until vehicle is sold'
so we can't tell what version is inside the box until it's opened

we didn't think to sort them as they came in so they're mixed up and nobody knows if they'll get a ipad3 or ipad4
not that big of a deal really

TMAC2000
04-01-13, 04:50 PM
I took delivery of my ATS on 3-30-13 and I received an iPad 3 not the 4. Can't say I am not a little disapointed.