: Driver's side outside rear view mirror

fre1102
01-31-13, 03:53 AM
Keeps reverting to a non-preset location. usually far down and in, though not always the same position. I've re-programmed the presets, but it doesn't stick. It'll stay until I turn off the car, then it reverts.

I have no idea how to proceed with this. Any ideas?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-13, 12:32 PM
Fre1102, I would be happy to look into this further and check my resources for you. At your convenience, please send me the last eight of your VIN via email; I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Faber
01-31-13, 01:03 PM
Would be interested what you come up with. I have had to disable the functionality that when you reverse the vehicle the mirror looks at the ground on the passenger side b/c it doesn't return. Figure it's likely related to your issue.

odla
01-31-13, 01:46 PM
Any other issues? Have you had the battery checked? Our cars act funny when the battery starts to go.

darkman
01-31-13, 02:25 PM
See attached.

REDEVIL
01-31-13, 02:38 PM
This same thing happens to my car after I wash it or it's been in the rain. However, it only readjusts the mirror when I apply the parking brake. I have found that if you start the car, take it out of gear, set the parking brake, then set the memory for the mirror it should hold the setting. I haven't dug into fixing the issue just yet, but I have found this works (until it goes haywire again, then repeat the process).

alpicone
10-01-13, 02:35 PM
I have been having this issue also. When I use my clicker to open the car the drivers mirror will usually move up and look at the sky. I reset it and the next time it happens again.

I will pay attention next time if I press the memory button if it goes back to the correct setting since I cant remember. I will also try to see if saving the memory with the parking brake set changes anything.

Any other suggestions?

Charlie Costello
10-01-13, 05:48 PM
My manual says the car needs to be in neutral and the park brake set in order for the memory to be stored. This is so you do not play with it going down the road.

alpicone
10-09-13, 05:42 PM
I tried setting the memory for the mirrors as described and I am still not having any luck. Sometimes the mirror moves up and other times it moves down. This setting ends up being the new preset so if I press the memory button to move it back it doesn't move. I have to reset the mirror until the next time it decides to move.

sailrace
10-28-13, 11:18 AM
This is apparently fairly wide spread - i'm having the exact same issue. And it appears to be random. Anyone finding any success for a solution?

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-28-13, 06:08 PM
This is apparently fairly wide spread - i'm having the exact same issue. And it appears to be random. Anyone finding any success for a solution?

Hello sailrace,

If you would like to further discuss your current vehicle concerns and are willing to work with a dealer, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage in the message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Holmes815
01-10-14, 04:54 AM
Hey-

Just checking in if there was ever a solution to this as I literally have been having the same problem for years. It seems to have stopped at some point but I noticed after I added a new garage door opener to the memory in my sunvisor it seems to have thrown off the driver mirror presets and has been doing so since. IT seems to be pretty widespread and car be super dangerous when you don't realize your mirror isnt where you expect it to be and you're already going down the highway (super easy cause for an accident for sure!!)

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

James