: What color is this 2006 STS-V?

ral1960
01-30-13, 11:56 PM
I've been searching Autotrader for regular V8 STSs, saw this V, and immediately started drooling. I've seen one ~2003 Deville in close to this color, but no other recent Cadillacs online or in the wild. I'd rather have a regular STS with cooled seats (why didn't the V have them?), but I can talk myself into living with ultraseude and mpg in the teens...and 469 hp!

The door jambs match, so it isn't a repaint. Were there any V-only colors?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6044/28234956213332673969im1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/28234956213332673969im1.jpg/)

We had a 68 Electra 225 in a slightly darker version of this when I was a kid.
Here's the ad:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=27215&endYear=2014&listingType=used&driveCodes=2WD&engineCode=8CLDR&listingTypes=used&sellerTypes=b&maxPrice=25000&mmt=%5BCAD%5BSTS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=STS&sortBy=mileageASC&driveCode=2WD&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=2006&makeCode1=CAD&engineCodes=8CLDR&maxMileage=75000&searchRadius=500&listingId=332673969&listingIndex=19&Log=0

Jailtime
01-31-13, 04:09 AM
Looks Thunder Gray to me, with some odd lighting.

STS LC3
01-31-13, 06:48 AM
Yep, Thunder Gray Chromeaflair. ^^^^

06 STS Rob
01-31-13, 12:05 PM
I saw that color in an 06 V when I was looking around 3 years ago but have never seen it again since... It's got a bit of a blue shade to it and the one I saw had the same colored seude inserts in the seats and doors... I have no idea of the color name but if it is the Thunder Gray, there must be a pearl to it giving it the blue shade.

STS LC3
01-31-13, 12:31 PM
A little more on Chromaflair paint. http://www.cadillac-chromaflair.com/
It's a nice color.

ral1960
01-31-13, 05:21 PM
Thanks.

I'm surprised more people didn't order it--it puts the Sunset Blue in the shade.

I was looking for a low mileage STS V8 to replace my high mileage Deville, figured I'd better get a newer Cadillac V8 before they get old. Not sure I want a V for a daily driver--my base Deville rides firm enough for my middle aged bones--and 70,000 miles is about 20k more than I wanted. The CARFAX says this one has had 4 owners, a little worrisome.

I'll have to search some more for this color. They're probably all in California.

SVT Gator
01-31-13, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised that none of the '06 guys have chimed in yet but this color is Stealth Gray. For the V, this was a one-year only color, in 2006, and was replaced by Thunder Gray for 2007-2009. This was an extra-cost color but not exclusive to the V. There were no V-exclusive exterior colors, unfortunately.

ral1960
01-31-13, 10:20 PM
Like the Packard ad said, "Ask the man who owns one." Or in this case, owns what it isn't.

Is the interior gray or shale, not that there's much difference?

I think the pinkish asphalt may be making the car look bluer than it is.

I've been lamenting the lack of nice medium blues in the last ten years or so, but I like this one a lot. The price does seem kinda low ($20k and 69,000 miles), but that worked fine with my used Deville.

wake
01-31-13, 11:12 PM
Thanks.

I'm surprised more people didn't order it--it puts the Sunset Blue in the shade.

I was looking for a low mileage STS V8 to replace my high mileage Deville, figured I'd better get a newer Cadillac V8 before they get old. Not sure I want a V for a daily driver--my base Deville rides firm enough for my middle aged bones--and 70,000 miles is about 20k more than I wanted. The CARFAX says this one has had 4 owners, a little worrisome.

I'll have to search some more for this color. They're probably all in California.

I wound up with my V while looking for an AWD STS, only found the V because the filters weren't working on AutoTrader the day I was searching so I couldn't select only AWD to filter the RWD cars out.

I didn't want the V but talked myself into looking at it, bought it the next morning, LOL.

The 469HP makes the 19mpg on my 100 mile a day commute worth it, although someday when gas is $7 a gallon I might feel a little differently. Originally I wanted to go down to three cars from four (AWD would have eliminated the FWD winter beater), but with the RWD V I'll be keeping a winter beater it looks like.

I wound up with a black one, but would have loved to found a V in that blue color. It looks great.

ral1960
02-01-13, 02:58 AM
It has to be a magic car, if it can make a hundred mile commute on I-95 bearable.

It takes only 5 minutes of driving in the DC area to make me thankful for fleeing the rat race 20 years ago.

STS LC3
02-01-13, 08:12 AM
I stand corrected. Thanks

wake
02-02-13, 12:26 AM
It has to be a magic car, if it can make a hundred mile commute on I-95 bearable.

It takes only 5 minutes of driving in the DC area to make me thankful for fleeing the rat race 20 years ago.

In all honesty, it ain't bad. I'm blessed to have a job that allows flexible hours to keep me out of bad traffic. I also use the one hour each way to either wind down from my day or plan the day ahead of me so I don't even consider that as time wasted.

Being in a comfortable car is 90% of the battle to me. I had a last generation Honda Civic as my first commuter car, I hated it and only kept it six months before getting rid of it. Being in something comfortable makes it worth living in the country where I'm happy when I'm not in the office. Even my winter beater, a 98 Olds Aurora is a great car for making the daily commute. It's got those comfy, plush, heated seats, a 4.0L baby Northstar, and all the bells and whistles available in 1998. It just turned 133K miles today and it runs and shifts like a new car.

I lived outside of Los Angeles for 10 years which was about 9.5 years too long. I'm 7 years now in the D.C. area and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

ral1960
02-02-13, 02:19 AM
I've found a couple Cadillacs on Cars.com and Autotrader in what I assume is Stealth Gray, but none are as blue as the V. It must be the light.

Having looked at countless ads the last few days, I wish car salesmen would be more careful and more consistent with the photos. They seem to prefer late afternoon or early morning when the sun is at its worst angle. The car was soaking wet in more than one set.

PGA2B
02-02-13, 06:09 PM
The car was soaking wet in more than one set.

Hides scratches and swirls, and makes the paint look better that way.

parkeraire
02-03-13, 10:25 AM
Hides scratches and swirls, and makes the paint look better that way.

Sneaky bastards!:sneaky: