: Major guard / sunroof track

DarthVadersV
01-30-13, 05:23 PM
Curious if I'm going to lose out again with my Major Guard...already failed to cover a tail light that flew apart on the highway as it was 'trim'

A plastic/rubber piece that keeps the sunroof glass in the track broke, its shaped like a T and glides inside the metal frame/track. You can retract fine but stowing it forward bends the broken piece and causes it to stop/retract unless you hold it in place while it moves forward.

I can see this being called trim or maybe weather stripping or even molding...all of which are excluded. The dealer said they know the motor is covered but will have to call about anything else.

Worst case I find if that piece is part of the frame or glass and do it myself...not paying $1500 for a new sunroof.

1). Will Gm cover this?
2. Is that part a piece of the frame or the glass assembly?
3. Is it awful hard to replace either the glass or the frame?

Thanks a ton, searched but only found bits about the wind deflector which is fine

mstrjon32
01-31-13, 02:27 PM
I think the same piece is broken in my sunroof. Let me know if you find a source for the part.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-13, 03:49 PM
DarthVadersV, please email me if you would like me to follow up with your dealer for you at any point. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to explore your next steps with you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

DarthVadersV
02-02-13, 10:32 AM
Dealer said its the sunshade and quoted $220 to replace it as naturally not covered by major guard. Sometimes I feel that warranty is useless. I am going to take them up on the quote as I hate messing with headliners

Bigron
02-07-13, 02:41 PM
Dealer said its the sunshade and quoted $220 to replace it as naturally not covered by major guard. Sometimes I feel that warranty is useless. I am going to take them up on the quote as I hate messing with headliners

Major Guard is a service contract and not a warranty.Sucks that you have had some bad luck with the car, but the contract covers mechanical failures.