: 2005 escalade in san diego 24's or 26's?

THe1yourmMOMwants
01-29-13, 05:02 PM
Hey guys,
I have searched forums and google and have still have not found a def answer on what i should do. I live in san diego my truck at times can be a daily driver. I live up on a steep hill and most the time need to put in full lock to come down my drive way. i really love the look of 26's but dont want to f**k everything up just to feel pimp! Will rims crack bend on san diego streets? Will it ride like crap on 30 series tires? Will it rub everywhere? What will i need to trim? lol I would appreciate any feedback from users in san diego or any1 for that matter who have experience with this topic. I plan on doing the McGaughys 2/3 drop well. im looking at the rsw99's.Side note my air ride is disabled for now due to leaky shock and bad compressor but still rides good unless packed or towing.
thanks again in advance- Trent

mikedyk43
01-29-13, 11:29 PM
Hey guys,
I have searched forums and google and have still have not found a def answer on what i should do. I live in san diego my truck at times can be a daily driver. I live up on a steep hill and most the time need to put in full lock to come down my drive way. i really love the look of 26's but dont want to f**k everything up just to feel pimp! Will rims crack bend on san diego streets? Will it ride like crap on 30 series tires? Will it rub everywhere? What will i need to trim? lol I would appreciate any feedback from users in san diego or any1 for that matter who have experience with this topic. I plan on doing the McGaughys 2/3 drop well. im looking at the rsw99's.Side note my air ride is disabled for now due to leaky shock and bad compressor but still rides good unless packed or towing.
thanks again in advance- Trent

Although I have factory 20's on mine here in LA, I would recommend NOT going bigger than 24. I've read plenty of threads here where people say that 24's still ride pretty good while 26's make the ride noticeably rougher. If you have as many random potholes in SD as we do in LA, the first one you hit going over 20mph with 30 series tires will dent that $1000 rim and make your truck shake like a carnival ride. Another thing to note is that many claim they rub with 26's at stock height. You can only imagine the problems lowering it with them. Just my 2

wesyder
01-29-13, 11:49 PM
Although I have factory 20's on mine here in LA, I would recommend NOT going bigger than 24. I've read plenty of threads here where people say that 24's still ride pretty good while 26's make the ride noticeably rougher. If you have as many random potholes in SD as we do in LA, the first one you hit going over 20mph with 30 series tires will dent that $1000 rim and make your truck shake like a carnival ride. Another thing to note is that many claim they rub with 26's at stock height. You can only imagine the problems lowering it with them. Just my 2

Yeah what he said.... I am frequent to san diego and your roads are very similar to ours in the LA area

THe1yourmMOMwants
01-30-13, 04:12 PM
thanks guys! i figured all that just wanted to hear it from someone else to clear my mind....26's are so tempting! lol i stick with 24's :)

Dendensterz
02-02-13, 11:27 PM
Stick with 24's! I used to ride 26's, rides like crap but looks real good haha. Im in SD too and you know we've got potholes everywhere!

THe1yourmMOMwants
02-19-13, 01:35 AM
dammmmit saw one with 26s today! now im confused again! lol

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 02:10 AM
dammmmit saw one with 26s today! now im confused again! lol

Man resist the urge to get the 26s as it will cost if they get damaged by potholes in the road(I have been watching the whole thread)