: Removing rear A/C and radio control panel

oldrunner
01-29-13, 03:02 PM
My rear A/C and radio control panel is peeling and I would like to remove it and clean it up. The only solutions I found by searching was first remove the dashboard cover and then.... Way too much work. Is there an easier way?
Thanks

the cadillac man
01-29-13, 03:31 PM
My rear A/C and radio control panel is peeling and I would like to remove it and clean it up. The only solutions I found by searching was first remove the dashboard cover and then.... Way too much work. Is there an easier way?
Thanks

No not really I know as I had to install a sub under the center the other way you have to remove the front seats best just let it be till its in need of replacing.

oldrunner
01-29-13, 05:43 PM
OK, thanks for the reply. After I read your response I cut up some 1/2" squares of Mr Clean Magic Erasers and using forceps I scrubbed the coating off the panel. Looks a whole lot better.

YoshiMan
01-29-13, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about the little control box with the headphone jacks for the rear seat passengers that is located on the back of the center console? If so, then it is very easy to remove. take two screw drivers, tape the ends to avoid scratches, and just pop it out from the left and right sides.

the cadillac man
01-29-13, 07:19 PM
OK, thanks for the reply. After I read your response I cut up some 1/2" squares of Mr Clean Magic Erasers and using forceps I scrubbed the coating off the panel. Looks a whole lot better.

I am going to try that but I have to tear the console apart again as one of the rear seat heater buttons has came loose

oldrunner
01-29-13, 07:23 PM
Are you talking about the little control box with the headphone jacks for the rear seat passengers that is located on the back of the center console? If so, then it is very easy to remove. take two screw drivers, tape the ends to avoid scratches, and just pop it out from the left and right sides.

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. With it popped out it would be very easy to clean off with the Magic Eraser.

jnrsesv
01-29-13, 08:46 PM
oldrunner are trying to remove the "rubber coating" that is flaking off everything? If so the Majic Erasers work? I have blistered my fingers so bad trying to get that stuff of where it has peeled.

oldrunner
01-29-13, 08:49 PM
oldrunner are trying to remove the "rubber coating" that is flaking off everything? If so the Majic Erasers work? I have blistered my fingers so bad trying to get that stuff of where it has peeled.

Yes, it is the "rubber coating" and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works great. Found the solution on an earlier thread...