: Eldorado Biarritz 1978 from Saudi Arabia

maghriha
01-29-13, 12:50 PM
Good day,

Today i brought my Eldorado Biarritz .And i joined this forum.I drove the car and it was nice feeling.I wanted to have this car from long time and finally i did.

Now as a start.Any advise? i would like to have the spare parts manual.Any on line download?

77CDV
01-29-13, 06:21 PM
Congrats on your new-to-you Eldo! :thumbsup: These are plush, comfortable cruisers, as I'm sure you've found out. You can get all the service literature you want (factory service manuals, body manual, parts manual) off ebay. Pretty cheap. The only thing to keep after on these cars that I know of is the front end, which likes to go out of alignment and wears pretty quick from all the weight over it. Also the Hy-Vo linkage between the engine and the parallel mounted transmission. Regular service should keep both issues to a minimum.

Post up some pics of your beauty when you can, and :welcome:

Bro-Ham
01-30-13, 12:26 AM
Welcome! What color is your car? Good luck with it and we are all here to help!

maghriha
01-30-13, 01:46 PM
Good day gentelmen,

Thank you for your support and here some pictures as you requested.

I have little problem:bonkers:.

When i start the car in the morning, the RMP jump up for quite time and takes time until i press the fuel pedal harder till the RPM goes down.Why? the second, when i hear the exhasut tip i feel the exhause is pulsing the flow and not stable.Plus when i park at traffic light i feel engine chacking.I am planing to overhaul the carburator.What you think?

Thanks

77CDV
01-30-13, 04:36 PM
The high idle at start until the accelerator is depressed is normal, although a simple tap of the gas should be enough to make the idle drop. If you have to floor it, the choke may be sticking. A good cleaning and tuning of the carb should sort thise minor issues.

I love the car btw. A friend here in SoCal had one just like it, but sold it recently.

Ahed Karmoul
01-30-13, 04:43 PM
Nice one.. Congratulations :)

Would you advise how much please?

talismandave
01-30-13, 06:19 PM
Beautiful classic Cadillac maghrih. I am glad you found your way to the forum.
Lots of good info at your fingertips here. Hope you find your car to be a pleasure to have.
:welcome:

Bro-Ham
01-30-13, 07:17 PM
WOW! Beautiful car! The last of the line 78 Eldorado Custom Biarritz Classic. Good luck with it!

maghriha
01-31-13, 05:26 AM
Good day Ahed Karmoul

The car cost me 12500 $.Thanks gentelmen for your support.

77CDV, i agree.I will overhaul the carberator and clean the choke.

Today i took the car to unused highway and i floored the fuel pedal and the car went speed of 140KM with no issues.The car very stable.I am amzed with such old car and can do that.I love the car because a lot of good crafting on it.You feel who design and build these cars making it with love.Not like new cars.All plastic.

CadillacLuke24
01-31-13, 06:12 PM
Nice Eldo! Welcome!

CADforce69
02-01-13, 02:59 PM
Beautiful caddy. Thanks for the pictures; it seems in great condition.

exhause is pulsing the flow and not stable.Plus when i park at traffic light i feel engine chacking.
I think it could be the carburetor. Did you check the gas/air mixture screws are well adjusted?

maghriha
02-15-13, 07:59 AM
CADforce69,

I am going to overhaul the carburator.I am just waiting for the repair kit from DR Carburator and we will see after.

CADforce69
02-15-13, 11:31 AM
CADforce69,

I am going to overhaul the carburator.I am just waiting for the repair kit from DR Carburator and we will see after.

Ok, If made by an expert the result most likely will be a correctly tuned car :thumbsup:

unautherized
02-16-13, 06:20 PM
great looking car, I also had to have one , owned it for two years so far. low miles 22000 white with red. Only troubles I had that I think you should be aware of aside from all the usual old car stuff is that the hoses that share to the power steering to the power brakes should be replaced. they are a known week area, I was told and I didn't change them. shortly after replaced one that leaked , at that time I was advised to change both, and I didn't. shortly after the other leaked and I had to replace it. Enjoy !! I have only driven my car about 200 miles in 2 years.

maghriha
03-08-13, 04:10 AM
Good day unautherzied,

Ok i will change the hoses.Thanks for the tip.

brougham
03-15-13, 01:31 PM
Nice looking car!!
I agree on the carburetor. The high idle should come down on it's own but a quick adjustment could easily fix that. If it drives smoothly the carb probably doesn't need to be rebuilt but it never hurts to do that especially if you don't know the history of the car.