: DIC Boost display

blue_eldo
01-28-13, 10:01 PM
I have been curious as to why my DIC does not have a Boost display. I was watching a you Tube video the other night and I saw boost display on the DIC . Is it perhaps displayed only on the performance and premium model? Mine is the Luxury model. I also can not display current fuel milage on the DIC

pever
01-28-13, 10:07 PM
Did you open the DIC options and "check" the many options? For some reason many options are not preselected.

ewired
01-28-13, 10:30 PM
2.0t Auto performance...no boost that I can see anywhere :(

blue_eldo
01-28-13, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did open the DIC options and Boost and current MPG were not there. I do have one spare location that is not being used.
I am out of town for the week, otherwise I would go out to the gagage and poke at it some more.

gfxbt
01-28-13, 10:49 PM
YES - It definitely does not exist but would be awesome. I was watching a special on the car on TV and saw the "boost" display in the DIC. I checked my car, pursued the owner's manual, etc. I think that must have been a pre-production car and the boost display is something that did not make it to production. To bad . . .

frankc5r
01-28-13, 11:39 PM
YES - It definitely does not exist but would be awesome. I was watching a special on the car on TV and saw the "boost" display in the DIC. I checked my car, pursued the owner's manual, etc. I think that must have been a pre-production car and the boost display is something that did not make it to production. To bad . . .
I plugged in my HPT to obdii port and logged some data. Talked to the guy who was on the software team for the 2.0 ATS and like the older 2.0
this uses a torque based system so it runs whatever boost is necessary to make the stock 260 ft# of torque. In a hot summer day it may take
the spec up to 20 psi, but on a cold winter day I saw little less than 16 psi. Also have a dashhawk and leave that by steering wheel so I can
see boost and knock retard all the time.

AdamVIP
01-29-13, 03:18 PM
Dashhawks were awesome. I have still have one in my Solstice. Since they are discontinued I now use the android torque app with a bluetooth adapter for my DD.

Thats a bummer to hear GM is still using the torque to regulate boost. That pretty much kills any bolt on addons without correcting the tune as well. With the solstice GM reportedly removed that feature on the GMPP tune. It seems to be true as my Solstice with the GMPP tune and an aftermarket cat, exhaust, and intercooler puts down 270 and 320 at the wheels. Accounting for drive train loss thats over the 290/340 they advertised for the tune.

Here a link to my solstice dyno thread.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/gm-performance-tune-dyno-results-54507/

frankc5r
01-29-13, 11:39 PM
Dashhawks were awesome. I have still have one in my Solstice. Since they are discontinued I now use the android torque app with a bluetooth adapter for my DD.

Thats a bummer to hear GM is still using the torque to regulate boost. That pretty much kills any bolt on addons without correcting the tune as well. With the solstice GM reportedly removed that feature on the GMPP tune. It seems to be true as my Solstice with the GMPP tune and an aftermarket cat, exhaust, and intercooler puts down 270 and 320 at the wheels. Accounting for drive train loss thats over the 290/340 they advertised for the tune.

Here a link to my solstice dyno thread.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/gm-performance-tune-dyno-results-54507/

Yes, I also use the torque amp since it is so cheap and the correct bluetooth adapter is only $23 and no cords!!.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have talked to someone on the programming team, and there is a good chance they may
do a tune for a hipo version of new Malibu with same 2.0 as ATS and thus even if Cad does not do it, if Chevy does, the tune fits
the ATS. He verified that exactly. So I am hopefull.

bluhaven
01-29-13, 11:46 PM
I wrote HP Tuners about support for the ATS. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41916

Kevin

frankc5r
01-30-13, 12:12 AM
I wrote HP Tuners about support for the ATS. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41916

Kevin

Yes, I misspoke in my previous post. I used a DashHawk, not HPT.
The ecm is not Bosch like it was on LNF but is now a GM ecm but must be very similar software cause Trifecca had a tune 24 hrs after
he bought a new 2.0 ATS.