: Free Performance Tune from Bad News Racing

BNRacing
01-28-13, 12:09 PM
We'd like to get a few guys (ATS 2.0) running our tunes that are willing to do a couple write ups on the forum, product reviews so to say. We'd be willing to give away a couple of tunes to members with high post counts or members that are respected on the forum. Let us know in this thread who to give the tunes to and we'll hook them up! :lildevil:

ewired
01-28-13, 12:39 PM
I am interested in a tune regardless if its paid or free. Have you guys had a chance to put this on a Dyno yet? If I'm correct the HP/TQ figures are coming from the ECM, so are these considered crank values?

BNRacing
01-28-13, 02:53 PM
We haven't put one on the dyno yet- these numbers are flywheel as calculated by the ECM. We're going to hop on the dyno asap but we need to find an AWD dyno since our test car is AWD

gfxbt
01-28-13, 09:58 PM
I've got a 2.0T MT. Would love a tune (whether or not I have to pay for it). When is it expected to be released? Have had the car for two months and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

BNRacing
01-28-13, 11:12 PM
We're ready to go right now, we have been for a couple of months now.

http://store.badnewsracing.net/Trifecta-Tune-2013-Cadillac-ATS-20-Turbocharged_p_60.html

03firebolt9r
01-28-13, 11:42 PM
I would be interested in writing a review. Just let me know.

thebigjimsho
01-29-13, 11:10 AM
If I buy a 2.0T?

hmm...

exesivefire
01-29-13, 09:34 PM
Tempting....

BNRacing
01-29-13, 11:20 PM
Ill be going to the dyno down here next week with a member of this forum to get some real dyno sheets for you guys

ewired
01-30-13, 07:43 AM
I will be working with Shawn and the guys at Lethal Racing here in Lafayette to put some baseline runs on the Dyno prior to getting a tune. The hard part is deciding on which tune to get. With all of the action between the two recently has left me with a dilemma. Trifecta or IPF?

BNRacing
01-30-13, 08:36 AM
IPF doesn't have any way to data log so they can't adjust your tune unless you tell them what you want changed. Trifecta software can create data logs that you send in to us and we adjust your tune based on what we see

zedsded
01-30-13, 09:40 PM
Well I neither have a high post count nor am I respected in the community but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I have written reviews and even been a forum moderator on other boards. I was a member of the Miata community for many years and understand how important user reviews can be to a company that deals in aftermarket products.

I do promise to be honest and fair.

PS 2.0 turbo, manual

ewired
01-30-13, 10:05 PM
Ahh the thread is back....I was under the impression that the select-a-tune was via the mode button.
Tour=Stock tune
Sport=trifecta
Snow=stock tune
???

BNRacing
01-30-13, 10:09 PM
It would be via cruise control as far as I know. I talked with Trifecta today about it and they aren't 100% on that yet with how they will do it.

We did discuss another feature exclusive to Trifecta though- Smart Octane will come standard on all ATS 2.0 tunes. It will adjust boost and timing on the fly for whatever fuel grade you decide to run, and it's been extensively tested with 87-93 octanes over the last couple of weeks. We've got it showing 0 knock on 87 octane, but the power level drops to near stock. Would be great for road trips though, you can run regular and save some cash.

Atswatcher
01-30-13, 11:11 PM
It would be via cruise control as far as I know. I talked with Trifecta today about it and they aren't 100% on that yet with how they will do it.

We did discuss another feature exclusive to Trifecta though- Smart Octane will come standard on all ATS 2.0 tunes. It will adjust boost and timing on the fly for whatever fuel grade you decide to run, and it's been extensively tested with 87-93 octanes over the last couple of weeks. We've got it showing 0 knock on 87 octane, but the power level drops to near stock. Would be great for road trips though, you can run regular and save some cash.

Sine the tune will have octane adjust on the fly, is there plan to tune for racing fuel, or for higher octane than 93?

BNRacing
01-30-13, 11:55 PM
We could easily do that if you wanted to

mikesul
01-31-13, 09:02 AM

That is a great idea. I know that 93 isn't available all across the country (plan on a trip to Seattle this summer) and this feature would really help.

bungee91
01-31-13, 09:35 AM

That's conflicting because the e-mail that I received from wot-tuning on 01/18 stated

"Just writing to let you know we have a tune for the ATS 2.0T now.
It produces 330hp/300tq on Premium fuel, and utilizes Trifecta's exclusive Select-A-Tune feature.
This feature allows you to drive around town on the stock tune while in "Tour" mode to maybe save some MPG (and tire wear), but piles on the power, raises the rev limiter, and firms up shifts when in "Sport" mode."

The e-mail also states 330hp/300tq, however Vince Trifecta stated 320hp/300tq for the production tune here http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/topic/411-trifecta-tuning-progress-for-2013-cadillac-ats-20t/

BNRacing
01-31-13, 11:37 AM
Maybe something has changed since I last talked to him about Select-a-tune, I'll find out today. It's possible to use any switch that can change the throttle mapping, which would include the ones you are asking about. The tune would be 330hp, 300tq but we can add more if you want to run a hotter tune and sacrifice some mid range throttle response.

Vince is hitting an AWD dyno today to get some hard results so I'll post the sheet later today.

unclemoose
01-31-13, 11:50 AM
This all sounds great, but can the tune be transparent to the dealership?

ewired
01-31-13, 11:53 AM
Yes, the tune is transparent.

unclemoose
01-31-13, 11:58 AM
Thanks, ewired!

BNRacing
01-31-13, 03:07 PM
Just a heads up guys we just got done on the dyno. Dyno sheet and videos to come!

ewired
01-31-13, 05:21 PM
Stock and tuned?

Downmarket
01-31-13, 05:51 PM
Would resonator delete on 2.0 sound good?

Would it void warranty or cause any issues with computer or malfunction sensors. Not looking to void warranty or anything. Just a little more sound on the cheap

Atswatcher
01-31-13, 08:26 PM
We could easily do that if you wanted to

Good to know, thanks. Can't wait to see the dyno charts

zedsded
01-31-13, 09:09 PM
We've got it showing 0 knock on 87 octane, but the power level drops to near stock. Would be great for road trips though, you can run regular and save some cash.
Love love love this.

Call it the 'wife tune'...

"Yes honey, I know it's more money on a car we've already bought but imagine how much money it'll save in the long run."

unclemoose
02-01-13, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to the dyno charts and videos. I'd like to pull the trigger on this one.

BNRacing
02-01-13, 11:38 PM
Don't worry we'll be posting results this weekend!

JSATS
02-02-13, 08:44 AM
Sounds very interesting and I can write reviews as good as the next guy but I'm over a thousand miles away from you.