: Service Messages for 3 systems on Brand new XTS Platinum - after changing Cluster

CDN XTS
01-27-13, 08:44 PM
Just received my XTS Platinum on Jan 22/13 - Love it but now I'm :confused: (built during week of Jan 7-Jan 11, 2013 - Software version 23124322 - Gracenote version 22993544).

Left Dealer last Tuesday with the Metric Uplevel Balanced Cluster. To-day after less than 300 km on the odometer I changed the cluster to the Performance Configuration. Subsequently, when starting the car I received 3 messages related to a) Adaptive Cruise Control, b) Park Assist System and c) Front Camera. Called OnStar and they scanned the system and confirmed that those error codes had been set; I could drive but should see the service department.

Continued driving for about 10 km while noting that neither the Lane Departure Warning Light nor the Vehicle Ahead Indicator worked.

I then changing back to the Balanced Cluster, and to my surprise, immediately all worked again as before. Have not yet re-tested it or with the other two clusters. But why would a cluster change affect those systems in the first place resulting in those error messages at every start of the car? :confused:

Anyone else has run into this puzzling problem?

Update on Jan 28th after further tests.
Tested today all 4 clusters, starting car in every cluster. No error messages this time. Had OnStar check system again - no set error codes detected. Seems the problem cleared itself. N.B. Windshield was certainly clean yesterday, so not a problem of the forward camera being blocked.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-29-13, 08:08 PM
CDN XTS,

We're sorry that you're having these issues with your new XTS! :(

Should anything else come up and you wanted to speak with customer service for your region, don't hesitate to call GM of Canada at 800-263-3777.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Caddy XTS
03-25-14, 06:10 PM
All has been working fine on my XTS until today I jumped in after being at post office and all three error messages come on as well and none of the sensors are working.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-14, 12:33 PM
All has been working fine on my XTS until today I jumped in after being at post office and all three error messages come on as well and none of the sensors are working.
Hello Caddy XTS,

I am terribly sorry that you are experiencing a concern with your XTS recently. Have you taken your vehicle into a Cadillac dealership to have this concern looked into further? I would be happy to assist you in setting up a dealership appointment and working with them regarding this concern. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if there is anything I can do to assist. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care