: Turtle Wax Black Box

jzamo
01-27-13, 09:12 PM
Turtle Wax Black Box, no substitute.. I don't think there's any other product better then that kit for black cars out there. Twenty dollars
you can't go wrong

DarkMingBlueSTS
01-27-13, 10:24 PM
I wish there was a blue kit made for mine

curtc
01-27-13, 10:51 PM
Same, want a white box...

damn racist wax companies :)

ambitionist
01-27-13, 11:19 PM
^ I agree, wish there was a white box kit lol

orange57
01-28-13, 12:57 AM
Do they make a silver or grey? Well if they don't, maybe they will make a white, and then I can just mix the two :D

scott9001
01-28-13, 09:24 AM
i wasent verry impressed with it only good thing is no white residue

wake
01-29-13, 11:04 PM
i wasent verry impressed with it only good thing is no white residue

Jury is still out for me.

I haven't used it yet on my STS, but I did use it on a dark and lighter colored vehicle. Had a hell of a time trying to see what spots I missed!

I'm mostly curious how long it will give me protection. Cheaper waxes usually stopped beading after about 3 months, I'm hoping this expensive wax will last a lot longer.

Mark eheler
02-08-13, 05:46 PM
black box worked great. looking like just off show room floor

neverlateSTS
02-15-13, 02:42 PM
worked great on my '07 just make sure you are ready to give up what ever you are wearing when done the black will not wash out. i am getting ready to do mine again. lasted about a year and i drive 150 miles a day with automated car washes used often

tomm
02-15-13, 04:00 PM
Post some photo's the next time you do it. My Black 05 is starting to look old. Last time I polished it was around 2 years ago.

AL REYES
02-15-13, 05:47 PM
Meguiars cleaner wax followed up a few days later and there after use Turtle Wax Ice detailer. Works awsome on my silver sts glass shine. Try not to wash car to often maybe once a month car wash hurts more than helps paint.

wake
02-16-13, 12:17 PM
worked great on my '07 just make sure you are ready to give up what ever you are wearing when done the black will not wash out. i am getting ready to do mine again. lasted about a year and i drive 150 miles a day with automated car washes used often

That's good to hear. I stay away from the automatic car washes because the chemicals they use seem to cut the life way down of the other waxes I've used. A year is impressive!