: CTS-V front bumper conversion with D3 led fog lights DONE!

is250sp
01-27-13, 08:11 PM
Special thanks to everyone that helped me on this project. Enjoy!

before.....

after.....

Dano636
01-27-13, 08:17 PM
Looks awesome... I'm doing the same thing on mine... Still buying all the parts right now

Pluto3
01-27-13, 08:53 PM
Is250sp....what are your plans for your fogs on your old bumper?

is250sp
01-28-13, 11:16 AM
Looks awesome... I'm doing the same thing on mine... Still buying all the parts right now

thanks!

----------

gonna sell them....pm me an offer

Cuest
01-28-13, 04:49 PM
Question. Can the LED's be mounted on the outer end instead of the inner end?

is250sp
01-28-13, 05:21 PM
Question. Can the LED's be mounted on the outer end instead of the inner end?

the housing is pre-cut for the inner end. maybe when you order u can request them not to pre-cut so you can use a dremel to cut your own.

----------

your mailbox is full and wont accept anymore messages, please archive or delete some

MTL_CTS
01-28-13, 08:58 PM
Wow that looks great but can you post better pictures from different angles in different light it's hard to see :)

Pluto3
01-28-13, 11:41 PM
your mailbox is full and wont accept anymore messages, please archive or delete some

I never used my msg box, I don't see how it won't accept msgs. Been trying to resend msg all day.

is250sp
01-29-13, 01:09 AM
I never used my msg box, I don't see how it won't accept msgs. Been trying to resend msg all day.

Pm me your email

Pluto3
01-29-13, 08:37 AM
Pm me your email

It went thru this time...

Pluto3
01-29-13, 09:40 PM
Is250sp...can u resend your e-mail, I thought I received it but I checked again and can't find it.

is250sp
01-31-13, 02:38 PM
Wow that looks great but can you post better pictures from different angles in different light it's hard to see :)

thanks. I was going take more pics but it rained like crazy the other day so i have to wait till it gets a lil warmer to wash it first

is250sp
02-03-13, 01:51 PM

soulja
02-11-13, 11:23 AM
Oh goodness, another poser. Will you be getting V badges also?

is250sp
02-11-13, 02:53 PM
Oh goodness, another poser. Will you be getting V badges also?

Well of course! Who wants to be a half-ass poser. I will also be doing the lambo doors, bimmer halos, and old school saab amber side markers. Please send me more suggestions :D

D VADER
02-18-13, 12:22 PM
Am I wrong? Did you retain the OEM CTS hood? The power bulge of the CTS-V hood is cool.
You can get a fiberglass version of the CTS-V hood for under $600. I did this whole conversion
one my first generation CTS. I just bought a new CTS Sport Wagon and hope to do this
conversion again.

is250sp
02-18-13, 03:14 PM
Yes thats the original hood and no i wont be converting to the V hood unless I install a supercharger.

Manifest78
02-21-13, 04:57 AM
Well of course! Who wants to be a half-ass poser. I will also be doing the lambo doors, bimmer halos, and old school saab amber side markers. Please send me more suggestions :D

LOL, awesome response! :histeric:

rgauchey
02-22-13, 07:45 PM
The fogs need to be on the outside.

TrimThis
02-22-13, 10:12 PM
I like it. About what would your front cost?

is250sp
02-27-13, 12:19 AM
I like it. About what would your front cost?

About 1500 including paint but thats with discounted/used parts. The only part I paid full price were the led fogs

jimmie jam
03-01-13, 10:17 AM

OK, great! How about neon under rockers? Or, racing stripes? Big rear spoiler? LED valve steam caps? The options are endless...........:stirpot: :pop2:

Looks good!

soulja
03-05-13, 01:46 PM

The whole point is if you are going to dump money to look like a V, you might at well just purchase one.

is250sp
03-05-13, 02:33 PM
The whole point is if you are going to dump money to look like a V, you might at well just purchase one.

It cost 20k more for a V. Maybe in your part of the world money grows on trees and unicorns roam the skies, but where I come from 20k is a hell of a lot of money.

TrimThis
03-08-13, 02:36 PM
I see no problem with his car at all. Even if he added everything "V" what's the big deal? Take a look at Barrett-Jackson and see how many posers run through. How many Eleanor Mustangs are out there, Dukes Chargers, Shelby Cobras, the list goes on and on, most are posers. What about hot rod Fords that run Chevy power, most do. If your an auto enthusiast the fun of owning a car is modifying it to your tastes. If that means making your car something different from what it started out as, that's what it's all about. He posted up under "appearance mods", does this mean any mod but using "V" parts? Don't think so. Enjoy your cars and keep those mods coming, after all we are driving one of the best looking cars GM has ever made IMHO.

Jagillac
03-08-13, 03:09 PM
Nicely put TrimThis!

is250sp
03-09-13, 11:23 PM
I see no problem with his car at all. Even if he added everything "V" what's the big deal? Take a look at Barrett-Jackson and see how many posers run through. How many Eleanor Mustangs are out there, Dukes Chargers, Shelby Cobras, the list goes on and on, most are posers. What about hot rod Fords that run Chevy power, most do. If your an auto enthusiast the fun of owning a car is modifying it to your tastes. If that means making your car something different from what it started out as, that's what it's all about. He posted up under "appearance mods", does this mean any mod but using "V" parts? Don't think so. Enjoy your cars and keep those mods coming, after all we are driving one of the best looking cars GM has ever made IMHO.

Exactly! My previous car was a Lexus and they sold their performance F parts for non-F cars. I wish Cadillac would do the same.

Dazmorbus
03-09-13, 11:58 PM
Did you sell te old fog lights or they still for sale.

is250sp
03-10-13, 04:57 PM
Did you sell te old fog lights or they still for sale.

I tried to respond to your message but its saying your mailbox is full. Whats your email?

Dazmorbus
03-10-13, 06:31 PM
My email is dazmorbus@yahoo.com. Sorry just seen that your old message and the one I sent filled it up

qijovn
03-14-13, 08:24 PM

I saw a nice bolt on rear wing at wal mart...if you haven't already added that to your list