: coolant color

fristim
09-09-03, 07:05 AM
I just topped of the coolant in my 98 Concours, I've owned the car for 4 weeks and this is my first North*. I did what the manual said and used a flashlight to look down in the reservior, but I noticed that the coolant had some oatmeal like particles floating around in it. Is this normal or is my coolant in need of a flush, it was just flushed about 10,000 miles ago! Thanks in advance!!

Katshot
09-09-03, 10:24 AM
That could be sealant sediment in the coolant. The only way to know for sure is to have a professional look at it. Since the cars history is uncertain, it might be a good idea to have a pro give you his 2 cents.

elwesso
09-09-03, 05:02 PM
Or just go ahead and flush the system..... Cant hurt anything.........

jonrodman
09-21-03, 12:02 AM
I just topped of the coolant in my 98 Concours, I've owned the car for 4 weeks and this is my first North*. I did what the manual said and used a flashlight to look down in the reservior, but I noticed that the coolant had some oatmeal like particles floating around in it. Is this normal or is my coolant in need of a flush, it was just flushed about 10,000 miles ago! Thanks in advance!!

I have weird looking stuff in mine also. It is white and gooey. It does not look like antifreeze at all. I have only had the car for a little over a week. This is something I should have looked at before. The view into my coolant resevoir is a little alarming. The engine runs well, but I think someone has had a problem recently and dumped in some of that bars leak stuff. Hopefully I am incorrect, and everything is fine.

I am going to get it flushed Tuesday. I plan on getting the cooling beads from the dealer Tuesday and going to Valvoline Instant Oil change for the flush. They have a really nice machine for flushing. I called them, they are aware of the beads, but don't stock them. If I bring the beads, they will put them in.

Please post if you have any followup info on the coolant.

Jon