: Anybody use this brake kit yet??

kciaccio
01-26-13, 05:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150973128688&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Looks like I am getting close to doing front and rear brakes at once.

FYI, I don't track and am pretty easy on brakes.

SevillianSTS
01-26-13, 10:16 PM
I'll never buy brakes on ebay again. Had some issues with a set I had on my 99 STS.

darkman
01-26-13, 10:29 PM
If you are on a budget you can beat that Ebay price at Rock Auto using all AC Delco Duralast parts.

mackey
01-26-13, 11:05 PM
slightly off topic; has anyone had experience with both hawk PC and HPS pads and where's the best place to get them? how are the PC's in relation to stock pads? to HPS pads?

JD03Cobra
01-27-13, 07:43 AM
I don't' track my car and I did the GM Drilled Rotors and the HPS pads all the way around with the previous brake job. The stock pads stopped much better and the HPS pads gave off a gold dust that really burned into my chrome stock wheels over time. I decided to check out these based on the postive feedback...never been happier and the price is outstanding. Stopping is the same as the stock pads, maybe even better with little dusting. Have no clue about track performance but for a DD its a no brainer. Not sure if I should link the other site or not.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1411138-brakemotive-having-sale-you-should-know-about.html

rand49er
01-27-13, 03:02 PM
... http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1411138-brakemotive-having-sale-you-should-know-about.htmlThis appears to still be going on. Life's too short ... gotta get me some.

Teamsorad
01-27-13, 03:07 PM
I have those brakes from brakemotive on my 04, I would recommend them. I got them when they were 250 but I think they are 325 so maybe you can get him to go a little lower. I also bought a set for my Acura TL and gonna buy a set for my denali truck.

Fast email response and shipping. less brake dust also

JD03Cobra
01-27-13, 11:25 PM
This appears to still be going on. Life's too short ... gotta get me some.

I paid $250 for pads and rotors and they showed up the next day on my driveway. I'm going to pick up a second set and throw them in the garage. $325 is a steal if that's the new going price.

etcts-v
01-28-13, 01:41 PM
Go with the Brakemotive kit, I would run from that e-bay kit. Chinese cheap metal, will come already warped in most cases..

When I have to do mine again, I'm going to go with these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FRONT-2-REAR-CROSS-DRILLED-AND-SLOTTED-PERFORMANCE-BRAKE-ROTORS-CADILLAC-CTSV-/390411249074

and these (which I've been running with Napa rotors for 2 years now and love)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAWK-HPS-Performance-Brake-Pad-FRONT-REAR-for-Cadillac-04-07-CTS-V-05-06-/281011109817?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416d913fb9&vxp=mtr

r1concepts
01-28-13, 03:02 PM
If you need help deciding on what brakes to get, feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

kciaccio
01-28-13, 04:49 PM
Thanks everybody for the info. I don't mind spending the money, I just want my monies worth.

mackey
01-28-13, 08:15 PM
I paid $250 for pads and rotors and they showed up the next day on my driveway. I'm going to pick up a second set and throw them in the garage. $325 is a steal if that's the new going price.FWIW, looks like it's cheaper going to their ebay store ($297.04 shipped as of this posting)

DDS rollin a CTS
01-28-13, 10:15 PM
FWIW, looks like it's cheaper going to their ebay store ($297.04 shipped as of this posting)

I was just reading the LS1tech thread and someone else mentioned this, then another person pointed out that the ebay deal doesnt include pads. I havent checked personally though.

rand49er
01-29-13, 01:57 PM
I was just reading the LS1tech thread and someone else mentioned this, then another person pointed out that the ebay deal doesnt include pads. I havent checked personally though.The one I'm seeing includes ceramic pads for the $297.04 price.

rand49er
01-31-13, 07:28 PM
FWIW, looks like it's cheaper going to their ebay store ($297.04 shipped as of this posting)I pulled the trigger today.

mackey
02-01-13, 03:57 PM
cool, give us a report back if you can

rand49er
02-01-13, 05:15 PM
Got 'em already ... less than 24 hrs. Look great.

Bill Rubeck
02-02-13, 12:56 AM
Wait...Hawk HPS is junk? Sorry, I'm a newb, but been following for a while. Bought Hawk HPS because of good reviews and comments here and on other forums... jus' wonderin'

thebigjimsho
02-02-13, 03:23 AM
Wait...Hawk HPS is junk? Sorry, I'm a newb, but been following for a while. Bought Hawk HPS because of good reviews and comments here and on other forums... jus' wonderin'

HPS pads are good and deserve positive reviews...for normal passenger cars. But they are even, or a step down from, the stock pads. You have a V with an impressively strong braking system. The pads from the factory are much better than other cars...

Heavybody
02-17-13, 01:54 PM
How are the HP + in the dust and noise department?

My stock pads turn the front wheels black in no time ... Which drives me nuts

FuzzyLogic
02-17-13, 02:02 PM

Much, much dustier. Moderately noisier.

darkman
02-17-13, 02:04 PM

The HP+ do generate more dust than stock pads. Mine were noisy when first installed, but that went away when I installed two-piece front rotors. I think the noise would have eventually subsided with additional miles based on what others report. They do provide more braking power than stock pads.

If HP+ were not available, I would go back to stock pads rather than the HPS.

thebigjimsho
02-17-13, 02:51 PM
I noticed no noise when I had HP+. Dust was only marginally worse. But I guess I washed my V enough to not really notice...

Heavybody
02-17-13, 03:20 PM
My wheels would turn brake dust black in two to four days depending on the amount of driving... The car would still be clean most of the time

NCOGNITO
02-17-13, 07:40 PM
My wheels would turn brake dust black in two to four days depending on the amount of driving... The car would still be clean most of the time

I have the same problem with (assumed) stock GM pads, although I don't know that they haven't been changed. Someone recommended the Meguiars Brake Dust Barrier and I finally tried it.

WOW, what a difference. I still wash it a least once a week since it's a black car, but no longer have a clean car and filthy wheels. The wheels are much easier to clean when I do wash it and bead up like crazy too. Well worth the $10 a can, which doesn't need to be applied every time you wash.

FuzzyLogic
02-17-13, 07:55 PM
I have the same problem with (assumed) stock GM pads, although I don't know that they haven't been changed. Someone recommended the Meguiars Brake Dust Barrier and I finally tried it.

WOW, what a difference. I still wash it a least once a week since it's a black car, but no longer have a clean car and filthy wheels. The wheels are much easier to clean when I do wash it and bead up like crazy too. Well worth the $10 a can, which doesn't need to be applied every time you wash.

All of those brake dust barriers just fog up my (black glossy) wheels. Haven't found one that I like yet.

Heavybody
02-19-13, 10:36 PM

I'll have to give it a shot !

And after pricing hawk pads... I think I'll give this rotor pad combo a shot it will look great and if the reviews are right stock performance with less dust