: Droid cue problem

ra0007
01-26-13, 03:53 PM
OK, I'll try again. I can pair my Droid Razr Maxx to the Cue system. Fresh "pair", it works perfectly. Turn car off, go back a few minutes later and phone is still paired and voice recognition will dial a number, BUT won't dial or call a name tag. I have gone through the re-"pairing" process a dozen times and it always works at first, then loses ability to call a name tag. Name tags are still all displayed visually on Cue and can be dialed by pressing on Cue system, but verbal recognition for name tags WILL NOT work.

I have had the car into service a number of times, talked to Cadillac/Cue a number of times. I have had Cue service numbers, talked to Motorola, the phone manufacturer and to Verizon, my carrier. Cadillac points to the phone as being the problem (even though Cadillac mentions Android in their literature) and the phone people point to the Cue as the problem. In the mean time, CUE in a $60K car isn't doing what it's supposed to and Cadillac doesn't have a clue and the probability that they will ever solve the problem seems remote. I expected better than the non-response I'm getting.

kars79
01-26-13, 05:51 PM
OK, I'll try again. I can pair my Droid Razr Maxx to the Cue system. Fresh "pair", it works perfectly. Turn car off, go back a few minutes later and phone is still paired and voice recognition will dial a number, BUT won't dial or call a name tag. I have gone through the re-"pairing" process a dozen times and it always works at first, then loses ability to call a name tag. Name tags are still all displayed visually on Cue and can be dialed by pressing on Cue system, but verbal recognition for name tags WILL NOT work.

I have had the car into service a number of times, talked to Cadillac/Cue a number of times. I have had Cue service numbers, talked to Motorola, the phone manufacturer and to Verizon, my carrier. Cadillac points to the phone as being the problem (even though Cadillac mentions Android in their literature) and the phone people point to the Cue as the problem. In the mean time, CUE in a $60K car isn't doing what it's supposed to and Cadillac doesn't have a clue and the probability that they will ever solve the problem seems remote. I expected better than the non-response I'm getting.

Lets see what smart people gonna say about this.
They were claiming it was all apple's fault.

Cadillac Tony
01-29-13, 11:00 AM
Couple of questions:

Which Android operating system are you using? There's a lot of different Android OSes, and some definitely work better than others. Have you checked your phone settings to ensure that CUE is being given full permissions? Also, what exactly happens when you try to use the voice commands and it fails? Do you get the response "A device is initializing", or something else?

handymantoo
01-29-13, 06:18 PM
This is a known issue with Motorola Droid phones through Verizon. I can't get mine to work properly in any make of car I tried several. Definitly not a cue problem.

ra0007
02-01-13, 03:01 PM
The Droid Razr Maxx was new in Oct 2012. The Android version is 4.0.4 I'm pretty sure CUE is given full permissions. If there is something you suggest I'll try. It still works when I call using a number, just not nametags. The response I get is "call not understood". I may get that once or twice when I get a series of further annoying instructions as if I didn't know what I was doing. If I delete my phone and re-pair it. It will as it should for a very brief while. Also, my wife's "dumb" phone stays fully paired and works fine. I'm sure there's a phone/CUE issue. I will appreciate any guidance. Thanks

RippyPartsDept
02-01-13, 04:43 PM
if you do some searches for things like "bluetooth sucks" and "why does bluetooth suck" you'll get a ton of articles from 2001, 2003, 2007 ... on and on and on the results just keep coming

my search resulted in over 3 million results on google

that we're still battling these same problems isn't necessarily surprising
over a decade ago smart people knew it wasn't perfect and would cause these kinds of problems, but it still took hold as a 'standard'

do a search for 'bluesnarfing' if you want to go down the rabbit hole

ra0007
02-14-13, 07:24 AM
Dave from Cadillac customer support called two days ago to tell me that a new CUE fix is in the works. It is due out 2nd quarter, is made to speed up CUE response times and may fix my and others phone problems.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-14-13, 01:37 PM
Ra0007, if you would ever like me to investigate the details of your case with Cadillac Customer Service, don't hesitate to email me. I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com to investigate any future questions for you, and I'm pleased to see Dave was able to track down some answers for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

ITable
04-22-14, 01:10 PM
I had the same problem and found out you have to give cue permission to access your phone book every time you get in the car, if its saying waiting to initialize.
(voice commands on this device can not be until initialization is complete) I hope this helps also plug in to usb or make sure you have a full charge.

JoeGrapes
04-23-14, 11:53 AM
I have an LG smartphone running Android 4.0.4 and it works fine. The only problem I have found is sometimes the connection between CUE and the phone is lost. The only way it will reconnect is when I restart the phone. I tried reconnecting with by going thru CUE but it can't find the phone. I'm thinking it's a problem with the phone not with CUE in my case.