: Front Vanity Plate?

ambitionist
01-25-13, 01:49 PM
Hey guys... i really wish the STS didnt have a front plate, but i guess that's a law in some states...removing the assembly leaves holes behind it...which causes body work and blah blah...

Im looking for a BLACK plate, i found a silver one but if anyone knows where to get a plate like this but the background in BLACK with the same logo, i would appreciate it.... Thanks.

curtc
01-25-13, 01:53 PM
Many folks in the CTS forum have removed it and plugged the holes with plastic push in retainers painted to match.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 02:06 PM
Actually to think about it...im just gonna buy a flat-black plate and a get a cadillac logo, and make my own

orange57
01-25-13, 02:34 PM
Take a look on ebay. I have seen pretty much exactly what you described. I think i may pick one up soon too.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 02:50 PM
Not a fan of chrome logos but all the ones I saw have been like that, this is what I'm going for as the logo goes, I did this on my 03 CTS a while back.... Looked good and got alot of compliments on it...

ambitionist
01-25-13, 03:14 PM
This is what I've done so far to my STS, too damn cold as of now but the front grille will be going black with that logo I previously posted.. Matte black roof and baked my headlights to make em black, as well as HIDs 5K top and bottom and LEDs inside/out.. Still thinking of what I wanna do about the front plate... Oh and tints coming soon too.. Of course def need that front to back!

curtc
01-25-13, 03:31 PM
Doesn't that affect visibility at night? I would think it would.

Looks cool though, definitely unique.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 03:45 PM
You think it would but not at all, 35% in the front window seems like there isn't even at tint and no one can see u from the outside but you can see cleary from the inside---out. Amazing stuff lol

curtc
01-25-13, 04:11 PM
35% tinted windshield, dude, you're crazy! I had 35% tint on my '95 STS and it was definitely dark, got pulled over frequently for it.

Legal limit here in MN is 50% all around for passenger cars, and tinting the windshield is totally illegal here.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 04:13 PM
I usually go 5% in the rear, 20% on the sides and 35% up front, did it on all my cars, never had a problem, if I so get pulled, got a doctor that can write me up for an eye exam prescription, no biggie, fu*k the system! lol

Like I said inside---out you can see clear like tints not even there but outside---in, can't see me!!

Here's my G I did it too...

curtc
01-25-13, 04:27 PM
Looks good, but can't imagine it being easy to see at night outside of the reach of city lights...I know I had trouble seeing out the sides of my '95 with the 35% tint when I got out of town.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 04:30 PM
Thanks, somethin to get used too...

orange57
01-25-13, 09:56 PM
This is what I've done so far to my STS, too damn cold as of now but the front grille will be going black with that logo I previously posted.. Matte black roof and baked my headlights to make em black, as well as HIDs 5K top and bottom and LEDs inside/out.. Still thinking of what I wanna do about the front plate... Oh and tints coming soon too.. Of course def need that front to back!

Did you use a tint on the front lights? You said you baked them, not sure what that means.

I'm actually thinking of doing something similar to the front grill, either a matte grey or black, although I'm not sure if I want to do just the chrome portions or the whole thing.

Ludacrisvp
01-25-13, 10:14 PM
I assumed baked in oven and opened them and painted the chrome inside black.

ambitionist
01-25-13, 10:16 PM
Yeah was a long process, and made sure it was sealed properly so no moisture gets in, came out very good!