: Anyone going to Chicago Auto Show?

talismandave
01-24-13, 06:32 PM
I am planning to attend the show this year and was wondering if there were any others here going who would like to meet up?

Cadillac_Fan
02-03-13, 02:58 PM
Planning to be there Saturday, February 16. I will be driving up to South Bend to meet up with an old buddy from school, where we'll catch the South Shore (the train stops right at McCormick). They had the Ciel on exhibit last year, as well as a cool interactive exhibit of Cadillac advancements and technology through the decades. There was also a Cadillac racing simulator, which I could not keep on the "track." The XTS rollout was great, too. In all, I spent too much time at the Cadillac exhibit.

talismandave
02-04-13, 08:02 AM
Sound cool. It has been a few years since I went. In the past I went on bus tour but this year I am driving. I am probably going Tue or Wed to avoid some of the crowd. You guys from south of there are lucky with the train. The Metra runs right down the middle of the Kennedy Expressway but then leaves you quite a few blocks away.
Have fun wish our schedules lined up. By the way I love the look of your avatar! You look like my kind of Cadillac guy!

96Fleetwood
02-04-13, 11:34 AM
I will be going on the 16th as well. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if we can get a group together.

Cadillac_Fan
02-04-13, 07:18 PM
talismandave: Sorry our schedules will not overlap. Hopefully there will be a Midwest meet-up this spring or summer. Likewise, I gather our tastes in Cadillacs are quite similar. Safe travels and enjoy the show!

96Fleetwood: It would be great to get a contingent together on the 16th. I know folks will be trying to pack in the show to see everything, yet perhaps there may be interest in grabbing lunch or drinks afterwards. Like I remarked to talismandave, it would be great to have a Midwest meet spring/summer. (I am in the Indianapolis area, so Chicago is an easy jaunt!)

talismandave
02-05-13, 10:49 AM
I am up for a meet any time someone gets one going. There was interest in a meet up in the Milwaukee thread, but we never got one going. Have fun guys and hope to see you this summer.

talismandave
01-16-14, 09:56 PM
Well, here we are a year later, anyone going?

Here is a link to the discussion in lounge....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/438306-anyone-going-detroit-chicago-auto-show.html

Riadams43
02-10-14, 05:43 PM
talismandave: Sorry our schedules will not overlap. Hopefully there will be a Midwest meet-up this spring or summer. Likewise, I gather our tastes in Cadillacs are quite similar. Safe travels and enjoy the show!

96Fleetwood: It would be great to get a contingent together on the 16th. I know folks will be trying to pack in the show to see everything, yet perhaps there may be interest in grabbing lunch or drinks afterwards. Like I remarked to talismandave, it would be great to have a Midwest meet spring/summer. (I am in the Indianapolis area, so Chicago is an easy jaunt!)