: Audio Warnings

muthaiga
01-24-13, 03:13 PM
I've had my ATS for 2 days now, and have come upon a strange audio warning. I was driving down the freeway (light rain), when my music was interrupted by a voice message: "Caution, danger due to faulty vehicle. Narrow lanes". Quite alarming and also rather incomprehensible. This happened twice, with no other visual warning signs popping up. I've checked the owners manual, and there is no reference to this type of audio warning. Any ideas, forum members? Thanks.

bungee91
01-24-13, 04:12 PM
It sounds to me like a traffic related warning, and has nothing to do with your particular vehicle.. I've never heard that particular one before, however it certainly should be more descriptive.

----------

For instance I hear "Caution road construction" on my drive to work daily.. I believe the voice prompts like these are all related to XM traffic.

scsgoal31
01-24-13, 04:17 PM
I get "narrow lanes" all the time. Essentially any time there is traffic or an accident, it assume the lanes will be narrowed for passing by. I promise it wasn't your own vehicle that was faulty :)

AtlantaGuy00
01-24-13, 10:05 PM
Those are XM Traffic Warnings. Sometimes they're accurate, sometimes not. Usually if it's a accident, it's already cleared. However, the narrow lanes warning has been accurate for me with road construction.

muthaiga
01-25-13, 06:45 PM
Thanks to all for the info. What a relief, and your insight is much appreciated!

thebigjimsho
01-29-13, 11:33 AM
If your radio is up loud and your nav/xm alert is set low, it will be difficult to hear. If you turn up the volume in tour nav settings, it can get louder...