: "New" 2009 STS

AimStraight2013
01-23-13, 07:52 PM
I just got a 2009 STSV8 north start VVT and I love it. This is the first cadi I own, ill tell u this. Cadillac is a car not make for everyone. You need deep pockets to adored these cars. I'm lucky mine has 72,689ks on it. It's mint and one of the best cars I've Owned. I picked the StS over a BMW 750i

Submariner409
01-23-13, 08:02 PM
Wrong Forum - totally different car from the FWD K-car forum you posted in.

curtc
01-23-13, 08:07 PM
Thanks Sub!

To the OP, I've managed to drive and maintain 4 Cadillac's since I was 19 so I wouldn't say deep pockets are absolutely necessary to own one. I've totalled roughly 250k miles between all of them since 2005 and enjoyed every single mile. One just needs a little technical know how, where to get parts at the best prices, and when and when not to involve a stealership.

Don't get me wrong, I've definitely spent thousands in the last 8 years or so on maintenance. But compare that to the same ownership history for any other higher end luxury brand and I bet it's similar. Gotta pay to play, but Cadillac's aren't as expensive to own as some assume.

:welcome: and enjoy!

ral1960
01-24-13, 01:50 AM
Wrong Forum - totally different car from the FWD K-car forum you posted in. K Bodies. At first, I thought you meant those wretched Mopar things from 30 years ago. That's a really wrong forum.