Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CTS-V bumper upgrade

6K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  JusJZ 
#1 ·
If think I have read all the threads about doing the V bumper swap. However, no where have I found the part numbers of the required pieces. I have already purchased the bumper and grilles. My local Caddy parts guys are no help. I also pickup a Vin number for a newer Caddy V, but I need the following part numbers.

Left brake duct. Right brake duct (2 pieces). Left and right front half inner splash shields.
Front V bumper absorber.

Any and all help wouod be appreciated.

#2 ·
fog lights #10335108
brake cooling ducts #25796005, #25858812, #25796006
fender liner front halves #25796003, #25796004
fog light bezels #25863012, #25863013
absorber #20782127
lower bumper protector #25882978
headlamp washer nozzle caps #25793667, #25793666

#4 ·
The shinny fog light rings do not come with the fog light bezels. My dealer wanted $118 each, offered them to me wholesale for $80 each. I got them from http://www.gmpartsonline.net

Makes me sick!!!

25863011 BEZEL 2 $0.00 $52.81 $105.62
Sub Total $105.62
Shipping method - UPS Ground Shipping $14.80
Handling Fee $0.00
Tax $8.71
Total $129.13

If you need additional Push Clips these are an exact match. http://www.clipsandfasteners.com

Item name: PAS1860-25
Item description: 25 Push Type Retainer GM 21030249

#5 · (Edited)
Returning my fog light rings. This may be a better way.

http://www.superbrightleds.com I ordered only one to play with and I like them.

1 AEPC-x: Angel Eye Plastic Covers AEPC-80: 80mm Diameter $1.95
1 AEx-x-BK: LED Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights - Black Circuit AE80-NW48-BK: 80mm Diameter Natural White $11.95
SubTotal: $13.90
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $2.99
TOTAL: $16.89

Photo 1 is OFF, 2 is 6 volts to keep it from being blown out as in 3 with 12 volts. 4 & 5 show the light ring, cover and fog light ring.

I'm going to use 2 of these from the same site. Looks much the same, Very bright.

2 AEx-x-COB: LED Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights - COB AE80-NW81-COB: 80mm Diameter Natural White $26.95
2 AEPC-x: Angel Eye Plastic Covers AEPC-80: 80mm Diameter $1.95
SubTotal: $57.80
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $2.99
TOTAL: $60.79 Less then half the price of rings.

Guess I will glue it on somehow and hook it to be on with ignition so they are on all the time.

I don't think heat will be a problem with the fog lights. If is is I will replace the fog lamps with LED parts. These ring are 80mm. I think the 100mm rings would look good around the HID's but I fear the heat would kill them. May do some testing.

Thoughts?

#6 ·
This mod looks cool. I have a 3.6 coupe with a bit different fog lights than the V, in a chrome housing. Do you think I could do this same halo fog light Mod on mine? I have HID head lights, should I get the Cool White or natural white to match? How do you connect to power?

#7 · (Edited)
it's a work in progress now. I'm not sure how the color of the COB LED Angel Eye will look with the HID headlights. In fact I have never seen one as mine have not arrived yet. The one I'm playing with uses 5050 SMD LED's. I do not think the 80mm rings will work on the non V. Maybe the 60mm will. Get one and play.

As for power, I want the rings to be ON with accessory/ignition so they will connect to an accessary circuit. Not sure where yet. As my bumper mod progresses I will post photos of the results.

My apologies to ssrodder for hijacking his post on bumper swap with Angel Eye talk.

EDIT: JusJZ, I measured my CTS Sedan fogs and 60mm will work and they make it in COB LEDs and 5050 SMD. I will start a post on these rings when I receive the COB's

#9 ·
Thanks. I'm doing the bumper swap of course and plan to take my bumper in for paint tomorrow. Then I will take my car out of action, remove the bumper and do some work on the headlight lens. Got some sand damage that I will try to sand out.

I would like my fog light bezels to be painted body color (Black Raven) and I don't know if they can be painted. I have never seen them other then the odd looking gray/green color.

I did not buy the stock V splitter. For now I plan to do a home-brew splitter that is a little more aggressive then stock. Sort of like this KPE but different, maybe with the splitter all the way across the front:

#12 · (Edited)
Yes, I had to overcome two problems, Rocks and Water. I started by making a cover for the LED rings which should solve both problems. I wanted a clear cover so could not use the defusing cover from SuperBrightLED. I have not assembled it yet. As you can see from the photo, too much of the Fog Light bezel is visible through the halo. I'm making another black plastic mask to go behind the halo with a smaller aperture to hide stuff.

Side benefit is the Fog Light Lens is protected from rocks also. I will use HID bulb in Fog Light. I'm installing a relay to turn off the halo when the Fog Light is on.

I'm also finishing up the V bumper swap where I followed the lead of SFV41901 and painted the outer headlight bezel body color (Black). (TO: SFV41901. Dude, getting that rubber sealer out of the headlight was a bitch! After two days of hacking at it I got a Heatgun.)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...e-mods/251292-modified-oem-hid-headlight.html

I also painted the yellow reflector so I will have no front side marker until I find another way to do one. Thinking about a 5" 25 LED strip incorporated horizontally into the left and right ends of the front splitter I'm working on.

Major changes to the DRL and a 100MM halo around the HID Headlight. I know some will not like the yellow colored halos. It's yellow only when off (looks nice with my black car) and is Natural White when on.

More to come.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm really excited today because I just a purchased a CTS-V hood and rear bumper (used) and the deal includes repaint.

Look like my car will be down for another couple of weeks.

The chrome strip, insulator and rubber seal for the hood is another $230. (sic) One really has to have no other life to do this MOD stuff.

Does anyone know if the part number is the same for the V and non-V hood seal and/or insulator?

Did I tell you I'm 70 years old. Still nuts about cool cars like the CTS and the one in my avatar. (wish it were mine)

#15 ·
That headlight halo looks awesome! Look forward to everything on the car. So for your fogs, you want the Halo off when the fog light is on? Will the relay turn off the Halo automatically when you turn the fog light on? Or did you install the relay just to have the option to do both?

#16 ·
Well I'm thinking that is not necessary. Won't be able to see them anyway with the HID fogs. My thought was, if the HID fogs get hot it would be better for the halos if they were off.

The halos on the headlights will be tied to the DRL which is off when headlight is on. I think? I Hope! Will test that.

#17 · (Edited)
Well here are my new LED DRL's. This has been a long time coming together. I looked at at least 5 different LED rings. These are 100mm with 33 High Power 3528SMD LEDs. The 8 LED's behind the DRL lens are 5050SMD LEDs on a home brew mount. My car has been down for 6 weeks. Now I can clean them up and put the V front end on. I see an end in sight. Sometime I will have to find a place for side markers, won't be in the headlight.

EDIT: As any of you that has taken your headlights apart know, the "Spray Chrome", or more likely "Dip Chrome" finish on the inside of the headlight is not clear coated and is very fragile. On my second headlight the tape used to hold the LED ring for glueing lifted a spot. Damn! One day I will go back in and have them Spray Chromed and clear coated. Has anyone used the "Chrome in a can" Looks easy on Youtube.

#19 ·
I put the front V bumper on the car yesterday with new xenon HID fog lamps only to find that I had received the wrong ballast and the OEM connector would not fit. So I have wires running out the fog lamp holes for the LED ring which I will install later. I will have to drop the bumper again to install the correct ballast or an adapter cable.

Nothing has come easy. The painter painted over a couple of rock chips in the front edge of the V hood and also did a less then satisfactory job on the V rear bumper. The parts and painting was a package deal at a big Chevrolet dealership. Go figure. The shop that did the front bumper did a great job so I'm having them fix the mess. Mess may be too strong a word but who paints over rock chips.

At least I'm driving my car again. I'll get back on the fogs Tuesday. Then the rear bumper and now I want the rockers as well. And don't forget the 19's. A guy at the convenance store today loved my car with the Angel Eyes. Then I had to tell him it was all fake. He said " why didn't you just buy the V". I said, good question, got $70K?

#20 ·
It is not just the initial cost of the V. I have wanted a V since they were introduced. I love the look of the V. I went as far as contacting Cadillac and asking if they were going to produce a V style Cadillac with a regular LS2 or LS3 engine. They told me it was not in the works. I finally talked my wife into a CTS sedan with the idea of converting it to look like a V. The CTS is her car that I get to drive when we go out for dinner or on a trip. My vehicles consist of an 08 trailblazer SS, an 04 Chevy SSR, and a 99 Corvette. I really enjoy each one, but they all carry an insurance surcharge, plus they use premium fuel. I am not complaining. It was my decision to purchase these vehicle and I will not part with anyone of them. The CTS sedan is the most practical vehicle I own. Why shouldn't I make it look like the vehicle I want. My wife does not need 556 horsepower.

#21 ·
It is not just the initial cost of the V. I have wanted a V since they were introduced. I love the look of the V. Why shouldn't I make it look like the vehicle I want. My wife does not need 556 horsepower.
I like to call mine a "Mouse in an Elephant Suit" because I also love the more aggressive look of the V and when I'm done with my sedan in will have all the V body parts, 19" V wheels and somehow 14" brakes. Plus a few things to make it my "Mouse" like Angel Eye DRLs.

I have mounted the front bumper and hood and will get the 19's Thursday. The rear bumper is back in paint shop for touch up.

I think the little brakes will look odd in the bigger wheels so I must research the possibility of V rotor and caliper swap.

What will never go on my car is the V badging. (IMHO it should have been on the finder anyway, not the door.)

Bottom line, if I had the means I would get a V and make it mine. But, like your wife, I don't need 556HP.

#23 · (Edited)
Too Much? Three LED's out on the driver side fog ring. Replacement coming. The ones in he headlight are connected as DRL and therefore go off when headlight (or turn signal, sic) is on.

The lower ones are on with ignition and go off when fogs are on.

EDIT: This picture is a bit deceiving. The grill is not black and only the left and right sides if the headlights are black. No orange marker, painted black. And this is the first post of my car with the V hood and bumper. Notice I have no splitter. Not sure what I will do in that area yet. I also have the 19" V wheels on. 9" front and 10" rear. They came off a Coupe so the 40mm offset on the rear is a little small. May have to do an old school finder flare. Know anyone that does lead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.