: More Power? Heated/Cooled Seats?

ambitionist
01-23-13, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, what can i do which wont cost a lot to add some more power to the STS? I have a 05 RWD...

Another concern, my passenger side seat motor is not working, ive checked the fuses and they seem to be working fine, The heated seats are not working as well, is there an easy fix to this? I havent checked my cooling seats but its cold up in the northeast so dont wanna even try it.. what do i have to do in order to repair the seat motor and seat issues?

Latley there has been so much windnoise when i get on the highway, ive been reading a few threads on here which seems to be very common in these things, im gonna have my side mirrors checked, cuz thats where it seems like its coming from..

Thanks again

orange57
01-23-13, 12:54 AM
What engine do you have. The car came with V6 and a V8. As far as more power from the V8, you might as well sell it and purchase an STS-V. There aren't many mods for the Northstar. I'm not too sure about the V6, but I also think you may be out of luck. Unfortunately, there isn't a big demand for aftermarket parts for the STS. I would drive it and enjoy it.

It was just recently that someone posted about being able to hack the 05 computer, but I don't recall if there was much of any power gain. I think it was mainly shift point changes and the way the tranmission reacts.

As far as the seats go, I cannot help you on that front. I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot the seat heaters.

muzariaz
01-23-13, 01:00 AM
STS-V... a whole new level

ambitionist
01-23-13, 01:04 AM
I have the V6, Car runs and drives smooth, just wish it had some more power to it, it does have 100K on it so how could i restore any lost power? Ive done a full line of BG Air/Fuel induction cleaning along with a new K&N filter, will look into changing the spark plugs soon

carter's_sts
01-23-13, 02:59 AM
Plugs are your best bet for any power that's been lost. Also you could check for any stored codes, but if the CEL isn't on you're probably ok there.

I used to run the K&N filter in my V6 and even convinced myself it added a little HP. But I finally decided it didn't really do anything and switched back to a regular filter.

malatu
01-23-13, 10:55 AM
I have the V6, Car runs and drives smooth, just wish it had some more power to it, it does have 100K on it so how could i restore any lost power? Ive done a full line of BG Air/Fuel induction cleaning along with a new K&N filter, will look into changing the spark plugs soon

What makes you think it has lost power? It's a 6 cylinder Cadillac! Enjoy it... it's a wonderful car!

ambitionist
01-23-13, 11:31 AM
Well over time.... It's a great car just wish it had that extra push of power...

carter's_sts
01-23-13, 11:35 AM
There are 2 other versions of that car that do have more power. And even a 3rd, if you got a newer one with DI.

malatu
01-23-13, 12:11 PM
Well over time.... It's a great car just wish it had that extra push of power...

Yea, and I wish my 2006 was a 2012, but it ain't. Wish all ya want.... you'll end up disappointed every time. Love it for what it is, don't dwell on what it ain't! ....or get rid of it and get what you wish for!

ambitionist
01-23-13, 05:05 PM
yeah true that.. umm any ideaas on the seat issues? Also where is the fuse located for the steering wheel heat option, just today the light stopped working and no more heat on the steering wheel?.....but the heated steering wheel had been working since i got the car...

malatu
01-23-13, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with the seat motor but there is a bank for fuses under the back seat. Do you have an owner's manual? They are very much worth the purchase if you don't. I saw one on ebay for $35. You can get one on disc for much less.

Sorry to hear about your steering wheel. If it's not the fuse, the entire steering wheel needs to be replaced. The news gets worse. The manufacturer that made this part went out of business a few years back and no longer manufactures them. I was told their was a design flaw in the steering wheels 2005 - 07, I believe, and there were so many replaced under warranty that the company went belly up. I don't know how true the story (my service rep told me that), but is is pretty well documented no new steering wheels are available. Mine stopped working under warranty. The dealer very politely informed me that I was "sh@t out of luck". At least I got to enjoy a heated steering wheel for a winter and a half! Now that's something I WISH for!

KRSTS
01-23-13, 06:01 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with the seat motor but there is a bank for fuses under the back seat. Do you have an owner's manual? They are very much worth the purchase if you don't. I saw one on ebay for $35. You can get one on disc for much less.

Sorry to hear about your steering wheel. If it's not the fuse, the entire steering wheel needs to be replaced. The news gets worse. The manufacturer that made this part went out of business a few years back and no longer manufactures them. I was told their was a design flaw in the steering wheels 2005 - 07, I believe, and there were so many replaced under warranty that the company went belly up. I don't know how true the story (my service rep told me that), but is is pretty well documented no new steering wheels are available. Mine stopped working under warranty. The dealer very politely informed me that I was "sh@t out of luck". At least I got to enjoy a heated steering wheel for a winter and a half! Now that's something I WISH for!

Mine stopped working under warranty a few years ago and I was told the same thing, however after about two months of searching, somehow, my dealer found one and replaced it

ambitionist
01-23-13, 07:31 PM
Mine stopped working under warranty a few years ago and I was told the same thing, however after about two months of searching, somehow, my dealer found one and replaced it

Will the dealer replace these for free if they have them since steering wheels had a design flaw?

Ludacrisvp
01-23-13, 07:45 PM
No, not likely. The heated portion is a luxury item not a safety defect.

curtc
01-23-13, 08:17 PM
If you are still under factory warranty, yes.

Extended warranty? Possibly but doubtful.

Recall for this? Never, only safety/emissions issues get recalled.

malatu
01-23-13, 11:40 PM

I'm not 100% positive, but the 2005 - 2007 (or maybe it's 2005 - 2006) steering wheels are different that the 2008. If they found a steering wheel for your 2008, your situation may not apply to his 2005.

ambitionist
01-24-13, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna go to the dealer and have them run the VIN and see what I can get done or replaced for free lol ...

orange57
01-24-13, 01:10 AM
I never realized how much I enjoy the heated steering wheel until i got into my miata when it was 30F one morning. I wished the aluminum shift lever in that car was heated also :)

KRSTS
01-24-13, 11:10 AM
I'm gonna go to the dealer and have them run the VIN and see what I can get done or replaced for free lol ...

Good luck with that. Let us known:o

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-24-13, 01:13 PM

If you would me to contact your dealer for you at any point, please let me know! I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to investigate any lingering questions you may have post-appointment.

Looking forward to your updates,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1BadCadSTS
01-24-13, 02:53 PM
The above is useless. They chime in time to time always with the same bs response and no results. Pick up the phone and call any GM dealer. Give your Vin and ask the warranty status of the car. If its out of warranty your sol.

EChas3
01-24-13, 11:34 PM
"The above was NOT a paid advertisement!"