: E&G Classics mesh grille

ctsten
01-22-13, 08:09 PM
I'm looking to get the E&G black ice heavy mesh e-series grille and saw on the site that the lower grille is an overlay as it sits in front of the bumper to cover it. Does any one have experience with this company or have mesh grilles lay over the bumper? Can you see the bumper through the mesh?

McLuv1n
01-22-13, 09:31 PM
was researching for my car as well....according to the installation instructions, a black piece of adhesive is supplied to place on the lower bumper piece for non black vehicles. Just keep in mind you have to drill into the lower part of the bumper to install the lower grille. Since once you drill you really cant change your mind, i decided against it. Check out the installation instructions from E&G particularly steps 23 and 24. (for some reason they are upside down).

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/uploads/37252008-12_Cadillac_CTS_Classic_Grilles-all_styles.pdf

tbirdrv
04-13-13, 07:08 PM
Do you mean these E&G Classics black ice heavy mesh grill and duct inserts that I installed on my 2008 CTS4?

I also installed new foglight bezel/brake ducts, hood trim strip and emblems.

I'm real happy with how it went together, the instructions were OK but the pictures could have been a little better.

They seem to have held up very good through this winters daily driving in northwest Ohio.

I really like how they look.

Yes, I know I have some bumper cover damage - it was there when I got the car.

Tony

saleen281
04-16-13, 03:25 PM
Looks fantastic thinking about doing the same kit on my black 08