: V owners in/near Michigan

darien99
01-22-13, 07:30 PM
I was hoping someone with a first gen V in or near south-east Michigan would be able to help me out. I'm looking to get out of my Neon SRT4 in the spring and move to something a little bigger. I've narrowed my list to a G8 GT, 1G CTSV, and '09 Mustang GT. After taking the GT out I think I'm going to take it off the list. Anyway I was hoping someone with a V would be willing to meet up with me and walk me through the CTSV's nuances, perhaps let me take it out for a spin to compare it to the G8 so I can make a more informed decision. I've already checked autotrader and cars.com and there isn't a V for sale within 200 miles.

Can anyone help me out? There's probably a beer or two in it for you as we talk shop.

rand49er
01-22-13, 08:50 PM
Other than a couple at dealers with no price listed, there's this one in Lake Orion: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3484455996.html

I'd meet up with you, but can't do it for another month or two due to health issues plus my car's in storage and not quite stock. What's a more precise time frame for you? There should be more V1s for sale this spring, I'd think, anyway.

EDIT: Just noticed you're from Alpena. Oops! That's not all that close ... gonna take a bit more planning ahead. It's a ways out, but several of us get together the first Sunday in May in Milford every year. You'd be able to talk to three or four of us if you were able to come to that. It's a free car show at Baker's restaurant they have every Sunday throughout the summer. We go to the first one which this year is May 8th, I believe. Is that too far out? Btw, here's a link: http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/index.asp

Chris Cornett
01-22-13, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure most guys around here have their cars in storage. Ive had mine a month and driven it twice

darien99
01-22-13, 10:39 PM
Sorry, my information in my profile isn't current. I'm living in Ypsilanti and working in Detroit. I'm thinking I'll start actively looking to buy in May, but will wait until the right deal comes along. At this point I'm just trying to figure out if I'm looking for the right G8 or V. I would be happy to get out there to your meet in May.

Chris Cornett
01-23-13, 12:10 AM
Just keep your eye open they are around. I wasnt really looking as I was undecided if I wanted a V ir a Camaro for a toy. I saw the V online at Suburban and I had to have it.

rand49er
01-23-13, 08:10 AM
Sorry, my information in my profile isn't current. I'm living in Ypsilanti and working in Detroit. I'm thinking I'll start actively looking to buy in May, but will wait until the right deal comes along. At this point I'm just trying to figure out if I'm looking for the right G8 or V. I would be happy to get out there to your meet in May.That's a big difference. Heck, you're just around the corner. Tmac11 is in Ypsi but he's not on here much, and soulja is in Belleville, so several of us are nearby. We'll be starting a thread about our May get together a week or two prior, so stay tuned.

I really don't know much about the G8, but I recall hearing one guy say he had compared them and found the V to be a notch above in most respects. G8 sure has a cool look, no doubt about it. Big difference is slushbox vs 6-spd manual. Not sure about the G8's aftermarket or even if that matters to you.

darien99
01-23-13, 12:44 PM
That's a big difference. Heck, you're just around the corner. Tmac11 is in Ypsi but he's not on here much, and soulja is in Belleville, so several of us are nearby. We'll be starting a thread about our May get together a week or two prior, so stay tuned.

I really don't know much about the G8, but I recall hearing one guy say he had compared them and found the V to be a notch above in most respects. G8 sure has a cool look, no doubt about it. Big difference is slushbox vs 6-spd manual. Not sure about the G8's aftermarket or even if that matters to you.

Great, it's good to hear that there are a few of you that are close. I'd be happy even if I could take a look at someone's V, I know most of you have them off the road for the winter. I've never seen one in person, so it would be awesome to compare their fit and finish to the G8 while its still fresh in my mind. The G8's automatic is a let down, to be sure.

Chris Cornett
01-23-13, 01:01 PM
Im in Dearborn and the V is tucked away in the garage. G8 didnt interest me due to the lack of a 3rd pedal.

JD03Cobra
01-23-13, 01:59 PM
My V is active during the winter months! I can meet up if your interested...I'm in Commerce, just north of Novi.

darien99
01-23-13, 06:21 PM
My V is active during the winter months! I can meet up if your interested...I'm in Commerce, just north of Novi.

That would be fantastic, JD03, as my girlfriend lives in Northville so I'm over there often. I'll PM you now to see if we can't set something up.

Mrs.LS6
01-23-13, 10:23 PM
I'm from Temperance/monroe area. Went from an Srt4 to a V myself. I've owned LOTS of cars and the V has so far been my favorite by far.

acaringnihilist
01-24-13, 11:58 AM
I'm in the Sterling Heights area and my '07 will be for sale in the next month or so but can sell it sooner if you're serious. About to pass 60k miles and comes with a near new set of Hankooks on one set of wheels and a set of Blizzaks on a winter set of wheels. Creative Steel diff bushing was installed last summer and I have a pair of RevShift motormounts and trans insert ready to install. Trans fluid and rear diff fluid changed at 53k miles. $22,000 firm with both sets of wheels.

rand49er
01-24-13, 12:12 PM
^^^ Very interesting. 60k miles is like nothing. Might come down to color.

acaringnihilist
01-24-13, 12:49 PM
Yeah its been a good car but I need a pickup in the next few months. I normally drive my Pontiac G5 in the winter and the V only on nicer days but it has seen 2 days of snow and salty roads this year though, in which I washed it immediately.

Its black on black. Summer wheels were powdercoated grey by the previous owner and he also tinted the brake lights, fogs and side markers which I'm not a huge fan of but to each his own. Bone stock mechanically though, I've had it since late 2011 and put about 10k miles on it.

http://i.imgur.com/ktlAA82.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Crk2UPM.jpg

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-24-13, 04:17 PM
I was hoping someone with a first gen V in or near south-east Michigan would be able to help me out. I'm looking to get out of my Neon SRT4 in the spring and move to something a little bigger. I've narrowed my list to a G8 GT, 1G CTSV, and '09 Mustang GT. After taking the GT out I think I'm going to take it off the list. Anyway I was hoping someone with a V would be willing to meet up with me and walk me through the CTSV's nuances, perhaps let me take it out for a spin to compare it to the G8 so I can make a more informed decision. I've already checked autotrader and cars.com and there isn't a V for sale within 200 miles.

Can anyone help me out? There's probably a beer or two in it for you as we talk shop.

Darien, I'm happy to see forum members jumping in to help! If you have any V questions along the way, I'm available via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) and can investigate further for you. I am, for instance, happy to provide you with a specific V's build sheet if you send me the last eight of its VIN.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

darien99
01-24-13, 04:35 PM
I'm in the Sterling Heights area and my '07 will be for sale in the next month or so but can sell it sooner if you're serious. About to pass 60k miles and comes with a near new set of Hankooks on one set of wheels and a set of Blizzaks on a winter set of wheels. Creative Steel diff bushing was installed last summer and I have a pair of RevShift motormounts and trans insert ready to install. Trans fluid and rear diff fluid changed at 53k miles. $22,000 firm with both sets of wheels.

That's a super tempting offer. Shoot me some pictures and details - I'm meeting up with Jason to check his out to get a feel for the V so I certainly think I'm in the market!

Davy_Baby9
01-24-13, 04:43 PM
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Will be looking for a V come spring time!

acaringnihilist
01-24-13, 04:51 PM
That's a super tempting offer. Shoot me some pictures and details - I'm meeting up with Jason to check his out to get a feel for the V so I certainly think I'm in the market!

Sure, not a problem. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

throttljock
01-27-13, 02:52 PM
I drive my V past Ypsi daily. I can meet in Depot town and save you the drive to meet the guy above. acaringnihilist wasted my time for months last year as he was supposedly trying to sell that car. Don't waste your time with him. send me your contact info and I can run you through what I have found.

acaringnihilist
01-28-13, 08:43 AM
I drive my V past Ypsi daily. I can meet in Depot town and save you the drive to meet the guy above. acaringnihilist wasted my time for months last year as he was supposedly trying to sell that car. Don't waste your time with him. send me your contact info and I can run you through what I have found.

I'm not sure who you are but yes I did waste the time of several people last year when it was for sale and I apologize, not much I could do about it at the time and had to take it off the market for several reasons, personal and otherwise. Thanks.

JD03Cobra
01-28-13, 09:59 AM
I'm meeting up with Jason to check his out to get a feel for the V so I certainly think I'm in the market!

Well Jon came by and took the V for a spin! He may be hooked...

Chris Cornett
01-28-13, 10:32 PM
Thats usually what happens! These cars are a blast.

darien99
01-28-13, 10:44 PM
I found an '04 for 17k with 70k, but per our conversation Jason I'm keeping my eye out for an '06-'07. I really want the steering wheel controls for the radio and the upgraded differential. Also the car that I found was platinum and I'd really like to get into a black/ebony or one of the colors.

jeph054
01-29-13, 10:54 PM
Hey fellow Michiganders...Just moved back here (Rochester hills) after 3 years. Would love to meet up, and gawk at each others cars...

rand49er
01-30-13, 09:46 AM
Hey fellow Michiganders...Just moved back here (Rochester hills) after 3 years. Would love to meet up, and gawk at each others cars...As a point of ancient history, I grew up in Rochester Hills and lived there for many years afterward.

If you can wait that long, we meet up the first Sunday in May at Baker's Restaurant just south of Milford at their first weekly car show of the season. Might be some other opportunities before that, but you know the weather around here.

barrok69
01-30-13, 01:50 PM
Hey fellow Michiganders...Just moved back here (Rochester hills) after 3 years. Would love to meet up, and gawk at each others cars...

I daily drive mine in the summer time and am local to you. I'm always up for meet and greets.

acaringnihilist
02-01-13, 08:57 AM
darien99, I shot you a PM this morning. Let me know if you received it.

jashearer
02-01-13, 05:27 PM
I'm just a bit ( :) ) south of you but my '04 black on black pampered its whole life is for sale.

Shoot me a PM if your interested. Price and miles are low.

Jay

Den_93
02-02-13, 11:02 AM
If you can wait that long, we meet up the first Sunday in May at Baker's Restaurant just south of Milford at their first weekly car show of the season. Might be some other opportunities before that, but you know the weather around here.[/QUOTE]

We can also meet early spring at Novi like somewhere by Fountain Walk which has plenty of parking and restaurants.

Chris Cornett
02-02-13, 09:52 PM
I found an '04 for 17k with 70k, but per our conversation Jason I'm keeping my eye out for an '06-'07. I really want the steering wheel controls for the radio and the upgraded differential. Also the car that I found was platinum and I'd really like to get into a black/ebony or one of the colors.

You can do better

soulja
02-03-13, 10:11 PM
I am next door to you in Belleville. You could have came to see mine since we are so close. Unfortunately, I have a guy flying from Washington St. to come and buy it on Tuesday. Gave him a great deal for only $20500.

Den_93
02-04-13, 12:13 PM
Damn, you did all that work and you are selling the car?

soulja
02-04-13, 01:26 PM
I know man, but I will be parking a V2 in the garage this week so not feeling so bad.

NCOGNITO
02-04-13, 07:36 PM
I know man, but I will be parking a V2 in the garage this week so not feeling so bad.

Wow - that is a great price for a Maggied V and all the work you've put into it. Congrats on the V2, the new owner is getting a fantastic deal!

rand49er
02-04-13, 09:41 PM
That's a totally good deal.

Sets a bad precedent, it does.

soulja
02-05-13, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I know I could have got another 5k or so for it, but I found a manual V2 locally and wanted to jump on it.

Bigron
02-05-13, 12:09 AM
Good luck with your search. Hopefully see you out this summer.
And Randy get healthy.

izcain
02-05-13, 12:53 AM
And I would be that lucky guy sitting in the SeaTac airport right now waiting to get to Detroit LOL

Can't wait to check out the car man!

soulja
02-06-13, 06:21 PM
Out with the old, in with the new. Izcain will love it! The V1 still looks sexier!

Bigron
02-07-13, 02:08 PM
Sexier? Maybe skinner...

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/865a7bec.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/b3ee885f.jpg

izcain
02-07-13, 02:43 PM
I dont know man I thought that V2 was pretty sweet goin down the road. Thanks again man I am so glad I made the trip! Can't wait for the car to get here. It's always cool to make new friends!

Thanks again for all your help and making this a really fun trip! You are one standup guy!

rand49er
02-08-13, 02:59 PM
Just saw this: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3594757697.html

Bigron
02-09-13, 09:36 AM
Just saw this: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3594757697.html

Crazy what people think they are worth or I gave mine away 2 years ago.