: Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing?

Overd0s3
01-22-13, 04:54 PM
I bought a used rear diff (newest model diff) to replace mine in the 06 V, however, my diff had the bushing installed. I'm wondering if it can be pressed out or if it will get ruined?
The bushing has maybe 5k on it...

Also, should the pinion seal be replaced? I am already replacing the axle seals.
Thoughts on replacing the rear cradle bushings as well - they aren't part of the diff but jw

HAMSTAR
01-22-13, 05:03 PM
they're cheap. get another. better yet, go with revshift, which is a better design. unless you are short on cash, then why not re-use. you can always replace it later.

Overd0s3
01-22-13, 06:13 PM
thanks for the quick reply HAMSTAR. Do you have the revshift one? it is pretty cheap, I might as well get a new one. Do you have the 80a or 95a?

HAMSTAR
01-22-13, 08:14 PM
No, I have the CS, but I like how the revshift design doesn't use a metal sleeve that can expand and contract with temp fluctuations.

FoD
01-22-13, 08:23 PM
I just installed the blue Revshift, and all rear end clunk is gone. I also replaced my driveshaft with a solid replacement (no bullshit rubber to flex). Some have reported the red to transmit more noise than before...mine doesn't whine, so no more nose than before.

etcts-v
01-22-13, 09:22 PM
Go Revshift, I put in a Creative Steel 2 months ago and am pulling it for a red Revshift this weekend. Only $50.

Side note, anybody know the part number for the pinion seal? Can't find it on my parts lists.. :mad2:

silentwig
01-22-13, 09:43 PM
When did you guys order your revshift bushing and how long did it take to get it?

FoD
01-23-13, 07:11 AM
I ordered mine on Black Friday. It took over a month to receive. I don't think they stock bushings now...all built to order. Could be wrong, but I know people are still waiting a while when they order nowadays.

Redline93
01-23-13, 09:12 AM
I'm having my rear end replaced under warranty, and I also had a CS diff bushing and the diff block. I also have to order a new bushing and block if I decide to stay with CS. Do you guys know if the CS bushing and diff block is still more effective than the Revshift stuff? I wanted to place an order this week, and I'm on the fence since I've heard pretty good things about Revshift.

In addition, I have UUC motor mounts and CS trans mount - I was also thinking about replacing the UUCs for Revshift or UMI. I was hoping to get some advice on that front as well. I believe the UUCs are in good working order, but I feel like they transfer way too much vibration through the cabin.

Overd0s3
01-23-13, 10:10 AM
I'm having my rear end replaced under warranty, and I also had a CS diff bushing and the diff block. I also have to order a new bushing and block if I decide to stay with CS. Do you guys know if the CS bushing and diff block is still more effective than the Revshift stuff? I wanted to place an order this week, and I'm on the fence since I've heard pretty good things about Revshift.

In addition, I have UUC motor mounts and CS trans mount - I was also thinking about replacing the UUCs for Revshift or UMI. I was hoping to get some advice on that front as well. I believe the UUCs are in good working order, but I feel like they transfer way too much vibration through the cabin.
Careful with the trans mount... I only hear bad things from tuners and gearheads. It raises your trans a bit too high and transmits a lot of noise.

Revshift
01-23-13, 12:22 PM
I ordered mine on Black Friday. It took over a month to receive. I don't think they stock bushings now...all built to order. Could be wrong, but I know people are still waiting a while when they order nowadays.
We usually keep all of our parts in stock and ready to ship but since the release of our CTS-V bushings on black friday we have just been swamped with orders. We are trying our best to get the stock levels back and we will get there very soon. We are hoping to be back on track in about a week. We will then be back to shipping orders out within 24 hours.

Careful with the trans mount... I only hear bad things from tuners and gearheads. It raises your trans a bit too high and transmits a lot of noise.

This is true if you are talking about the CS trans mount. Incorrect if you are referring to our trans insert. Aside from some people with worn aftermarket shifter parts, we have heard nothing but great reviews for our trans insert.

Redline93
01-23-13, 12:46 PM
Revshift, can you comment on CS's differential bushing and diff block versus your differential bushing and rear cradle bushings? Do both product offerings aim to accomplish the same goal? Just trying to learn how your approach differs from theirs when trying to eliminate the clunk in the drivetrain. I have CS trans mount and CS diff bushing and diff block - I haven't had any problems with them and they eliminated the clunk. But my rear is being replaced under warranty and I plan on upgrading again. Just not sure if I want to try something new (your products) or stick to the CS bushing and block. Thanks in advance.

HAMSTAR
01-23-13, 01:06 PM
Cradle bushings have nothing to do with clunk. If you want to compare, it would be Revshift diff bushing vs CS diff bushing and block.

Overd0s3
01-23-13, 01:40 PM
We usually keep all of our parts in stock and ready to ship but since the release of our CTS-V bushings on black friday we have just been swamped with orders. We are trying our best to get the stock levels back and we will get there very soon. We are hoping to be back on track in about a week. We will then be back to shipping orders out within 24 hours.

This is true if you are talking about the CS trans mount. Incorrect if you are referring to our trans insert. Aside from some people with worn aftermarket shifter parts, we have heard nothing but great reviews for our trans insert.

I would need the part in 2 weeks. If I order today, would that be possible?
If not, what is the estimated delivery time?

Revshift
01-23-13, 02:45 PM
I would need the part in 2 weeks. If I order today, would that be possible?
If not, what is the estimated delivery time?

Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally working 16 hour days this week to get caught up with everything.

Overd0s3
01-23-13, 04:15 PM
Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally working 16 hour days this week to get caught up with everything.

Order placed! Thanks for the quick response!

etcts-v
01-24-13, 02:40 AM

Then why has my order from 10 days ago not shipped? Sent an e-mail to you tonight...

Revshift
01-24-13, 05:35 PM
Then why has my order from 10 days ago not shipped? Sent an e-mail to you tonight...

All of your orders are going out by the weekend. We appreciate your patience and continual support.

etcts-v
01-25-13, 02:40 AM
All of your orders are going out by the weekend. We appreciate your patience and continual support.

Thank you for the update!

JDB
01-25-13, 10:53 AM
I don't see why you couldn't press out the old CS diff bushing. The stock one too. IF, you're using one of the press tools. I got my stock one out just find with CS's diff removal tool and didn't need the tool to put CS's in since it was very close to the size to go in.

FWIW, when I did mine with and without the block, the block made more of difference in drivetrain clunk/movement.

It appears that you already purchased from RevShift. so, test them back to back and report, um, back :yup:

----------

What is true? raising the trans a bit too high and/or transmits a lot of noise?

Have you tested back to back against your products?

etcts-v
01-25-13, 12:25 PM

It's the creative steel bushings that raise the trans to high, not the REV shift trans insert. I've been running the insert for over a year, no noise.

JDB
01-25-13, 12:33 PM
It's the creative steel bushings that raise the trans to high, not the REV shift trans insert. I've been running the insert for over a year, no noise.

That's why I asked RevShift of their response to CS products.

Quote replies on this forum should copy both parties responses, not just the last response -- makes it harder to follow.

Revshift
01-25-13, 04:19 PM

We have not used the cs trans mount, there is no need for us to do so. It has been reported that the cs trans mount is taller than the oem mount and that it causes unwanted vibration. They use very stiff, low quality urethane (which we have confirmed).

Our trans insert keeps the oem mount at the stock height and prevents sagging and unwanted movement. We use high quality polyurethane. It is 80A hardness which is stiffer than the stock rubber but not too stiff. It is intended to significantly enhance the performance of the oem mount and prevent premature failure.