: Interior Detailing help

fej
01-22-13, 02:30 AM
Looking for some model specific detailing help after spending about an hour searching the forums. What do you guys use on the dash and related interior bits? Looking mainly for protection with a touch of shine. 07 cts-v thunder grey/grey (but I don't think that matters they are all the same dashes right?)

Thanks in advance
Fej

thebigjimsho
01-22-13, 11:53 AM
I don't want shine on my dash. I keep an interior duster to keep dust and debris off. Then hit it with Griot's Garage interior cleaner every once in a great while. Maybe 2-3 times per year. The duster I use every week.

Every couple of days in my work car.

rand49er
01-22-13, 06:09 PM
I use our central house vac (located in the garage) with that little round brush attachment on the horizontal surfaces (door sills, etc) and general dash area. Doesn't scratch anything and really sucks the dust particles up. Car stays garaged, so I don't worry about sun damage.

PISNUOFF
01-24-13, 07:38 PM
Mildly soapy water.

Joe_Shmoe
01-24-13, 08:46 PM
I'll normally use one of the cloths that I used to dry my car after washing with Optimum No Rinse. You can also buy an all-in-one cleaner, a bunch of companies make them, $10-15/gallon. That'd last a couples years just doing interiors (it'll do carpet, leather, plastic, plus outside stuff like strip wax/bugs/engine detail if mixed stronger). I used Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant, and thought it did real well. It added a very small amount of gloss, but I didn't like having a product for something I used once a quarter. If I use ONR every other month, it looks just as good as with the Meguiar's stuff.

RobF300
01-24-13, 10:21 PM
303 protectant, just the slightest sheen, darkens and richens color slightly. Perfect and just right

fej
01-24-13, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, going to try some 303 first since I have it and go from there

Fej

worldwarbullies
02-09-13, 04:21 AM
As for me being a detailer for years now. The simple thing to use is basic conditioner on leather and interior dressing on doors dash etc.

Dan_Gurney
02-10-13, 12:38 AM
303 is great stuff, i use that on my jeep top and about all the plastic/rubber on it. But I also really like Meguairs #40 :http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Vinyl-Rubber-Cleaner-oz/dp/B0002SQYV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360471028&sr=8-1&keywords=meguiars+40

it works really good on tires too, it makes them look nice and new/clean and not the unnatural overtly glossy look most other products have