: Best Ride-Comfort Shocks for an 85 Eldo?

TheChicagoan
01-21-13, 09:28 PM
Sooner or later my shocks will have to be replaced and I was wondering what you guys suggest for shocks. I currently have a set of Gabriel Gas shocks on right now and are fairly new (2 years), but when I have to replace them, what are the best shocks for ride comfort? I'm looking for the best set of shocks that minimizes the feeling of road cracks on the road. You know, the feeling of floating on a cloud like a Cadillac is known for. I also might add that my my 85 Eldo had the conversion done that eliminates the (auto leveling system).

Thanks,

TheChicagoan

carnut
01-23-13, 01:04 AM
If all 4 are 2 years old, I doubt in your lifetime you'll need to replace them again. What exactly was done to eliminate the rear level ride?

TheChicagoan
01-24-13, 01:32 AM
From what I understand the mechanic added or used the existing hose and drilled a hole near the license plate and added a tire cap that connected. He deleted the electronics for the auto leveling system and now all I have to do is use an air compressor or even a bicycle pump to add air to the ass-end when it's low. From what I was told it's a fairly common fix. Also do you know of any kits out there to fix a cracked padded dash? In addition, are their any sources out there that sells the interior cosmetics for my car?

Thanks,

TheChicagoan

carnut
01-24-13, 01:47 AM
There's nothing wrong with what he did. Make sure there's always at least 20 lb in them. Locate a replacement dash pad. Same pad from 79 thru 85 on the Eldo and the Seville from 80 thru 85. A very easy dash pad to swap. About eight screws and it lifts off. You need to be more specific in your posts. What exactly do you mean "cosmetics" ?

TheChicagoan
01-24-13, 02:03 AM
By the way carnut, thanks for your input on my last post in regards to increasing horsepower. One of these days, I'm either going to do a complete engine swap or a set-up like yours.

----------

Sorry, what I meant by "cosmetics" are the interior aspects in the car such as, the chrome tilt buttons on the driver side, mine our half chrome and half black and I don't have a set of original floor mats. I guess i'll have to go through some junkyards and craigslist ads to find some of these things.

carnut
01-24-13, 02:11 AM
I just got another 81 sedan throttle body to install on my 84 Sedan. hopefully I'll get to it in the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the words!