: D2 Coilovers installed

01-21-13, 07:53 PM
A buddy of mine came up from SC for the weekend so I put him to work LOL. We didn't get started till late Saturday afternoon and would have finished that night but didn't have a socket we needed so finished up Sunday. I gotta say overall it was a very easy install. Only took us three times to get the front where I wanted it without any rubbing and the rear we got on the first shot. So far I am very pleased with the ride. It is stiff yet so much smoother than my stock FE4s were. Don't mind the dirty girl lol.

OE suspension

After D2s. 1st attempt. Ended up too low.

After three re-adjustments we finally found the sweet spot. No rubbing but still tucking just a little rubber.

Ground clearance shots (I think these may be from before the final adjustment. Clearance is better now)

Oh yeah, I also got me a Trunk Monkey! Thanks, Corey!

01-21-13, 09:23 PM
Looks great if not a little scary low!

01-21-13, 10:59 PM
Too low for the poorly maintained roads here. If my V wasnt my daily driver I would definitely have it this low, looks damn sexy.

01-22-13, 10:28 AM
I DD mine. So far in two days of driving the only issue I have had is my headers scrubbed as I crossed a couple sets of railroad tracks. In my defense though the tracks were on a hill at a crazy angle.

01-22-13, 02:05 PM
Where did you pick up your D2s?

01-22-13, 02:16 PM
Where did you pick up your D2s?

Was part of a group buy on tech. I believe they posted about it here as well.

I hate my AMG
01-23-13, 09:11 AM
So sick! I want!!

01-23-13, 01:02 PM
Looks great! I would be plowing snow with the front end being that low.