: Saw a XTS with a rag top in Vegas.

longslim
01-21-13, 01:22 PM
I was passing by Cesare Palace and saw a black XTS with the replacement grill, Vogue tires and rims with the rag top. It made me went to park my car so not to be compare to it. Garish and over the top came to my mind when I saw it. But I do find this car incredible on a long drive, I was cursing at 85 and it was quiet and effortless drive. I had a long stretch of empty highway outside of Baker Ca. I push it and hit a 120mph with ease and it was a solid very smooth ride and just as quiet as it was at 80mph. This car handles well and has more than enough power for anything you will see on an American hwy plus I got 23mph average for the trip on regular gas. I don't miss a V8 at all.

CAPT Mike
01-21-13, 02:08 PM
. But I do find this car incredible on a long drive, I was cursing at 85 and it was quiet and effortless drive. enough power for anything you will

I agree; the car is phenomenal. You must be careful because the car is so smooth and quiet that you can forget about the speed limits. Just one question: Why would you curse at 85; why not 95 or 100??:D:lol: Sorry couldn't resist.

longslim
01-22-13, 12:50 AM
I agree; the car is phenomenal. You must be careful because the car is so smooth and quiet that you can forget about the speed limits. Just one question: Why would you curse at 85; why not 95 or 100??:D:lol: Sorry couldn't resist.

One reason the CHP. I got a ticket going to Vegas before doing 100 mph the trooper site me for reckless driving. Had to go out to Barstow for the court case threw myself on floor and swore I was never going to speed again. Didn't work the freaking fine was $750. So that's why I run 80mph it's not consider reckless driving when your within 20mph of the posted speed, it's just speeding.

CAPT Mike
01-22-13, 03:20 PM
cursing...cruising

kipsts
01-22-13, 10:02 PM
One reason the CHP. I got a ticket going to Vegas before doing 100 mph the trooper site me for reckless driving. Had to go out to Barstow for the court case threw myself on floor and swore I was never going to speed again. Didn't work the freaking fine was $750. So that's why I run 80mph it's not consider reckless driving when your within 20mph of the posted speed, it's just speeding. Since the first of the year the police on the Vegas side have been enforcing a zero tolerance for speeding (amongst other things) on I15. So I agree with you re the 80 mph. Just leaves Death Valley for high speed runs...:cool2:

GEORGEC
01-24-13, 06:24 PM
I am glad to hear about the mileage. That is one reason I have not upgraded from our 2005 DHS. I get 26, 27mpg on the road at 75 and 23 or 24 for the trip. That Northstar v-8 is a great engine.

George

longslim
01-25-13, 07:28 PM
I am glad to hear about the mileage. That is one reason I have not upgraded from our 2005 DHS. I get 26, 27mpg on the road at 75 and 23 or 24 for the trip. That Northstar v-8 is a great engine.

George
Yeah but to averaging 4 mpg more, compare to how pretty the XTS is:) ijs

CadStyle
01-28-13, 01:19 PM
I don't think the rooflines on today's Cadillac's are as well suited for things like faux roadster roofs like they were on Cadillacs of the past, pre-2000.

jock82
01-29-13, 09:12 AM
Pretty? No. Having owned Cadillacs since 1970. this thing is not pretty.