: Tsunamis Kill 60k, Donate

Jesda
12-29-04, 03:02 AM
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/PX3BEL97U9A4I/103-0797690-0439036

majax
12-29-04, 03:49 AM
Thanks I was thinking about donating. How much you give?

onbagz2002
12-29-04, 03:13 PM
I think i'm gonna donate $100

onbagz2002
12-29-04, 06:37 PM
Hey i have an idea maybe we can send the money as a group thing from cadillacforums.com Like we make a pot and put it all in there and send it as one HUGE donation? :coolgleam

majax
12-29-04, 09:03 PM
I agree!!!!! but we cannot trust you with it ;)

Adam
12-29-04, 09:10 PM
he aint gonna take that money. sh!t, he has enough money as is, he dont need anymore. :D ;)

majax
12-29-04, 11:09 PM
WE need to get people stoked about this and donate. Maybe we could have sal do it?

Dead Sled
12-30-04, 01:08 AM
when was the last time other countries gave us money for a natural disaster?

majax
12-30-04, 01:14 AM
when was the last time other countries gave us money for a natural disaster?

It's Called the Penalty of leadership, donate. I am sure England or Canada has helped us with the huricanes in Flordia. Of course we dont need the money we got insurance and what not. They do need it.

Dead Sled
12-30-04, 01:32 AM
It's Called the Penalty of leadership, donate. I am sure England or Canada has helped us with the huricanes in Flordia. Of course we dont need the money we got insurance and what not. They do need it.

I unwillingly did donate. part of that gigantic sum that was called stingy was mine

and if we dont need the money why are there homeless and hungry here? coudn't that money make use to our troops? better care for our vets?

why is it everyone else in the world gets our money?

get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US

onbagz2002
12-30-04, 01:49 AM
I agree!!!!! but we cannot trust you with it ;)
HAHAHA i know not me...

he aint gonna take that money. sh!t, he has enough money as is, he dont need anymore. :D ;)
Hey never know.. :devil:

WE need to get people stoked about this and donate. Maybe we could have sal do it?

:bouncy: Ya thats what i was meaning wheres SAL?... :bouncy:

majax
12-30-04, 01:52 AM
I dont know what to say :confused: 60,000 people were killed! They have no money and yes it's not our fault that they don't but :hmm:

you may be right

Someone PM sal *cough*Onbagz2002*cough*

Ralph
12-30-04, 01:52 AM
I wish there was a way to give old clothes, etc. but you'd have to do it directly or it just isn't really worth the expense I'm afraid. Why can't China help out? They have a huge population, and they are close by? India? I hope they are helping.

I tend to agree with DS. I do feel terrible for those people but Western help isn't really appreciated IMO in the long run. In 6 months they will forget all who helped them while we have our own poor people. I would say armour for U.S. troops would be a serious priority for starters.

Our governments are helping. I don't mean to imply that helping personally is bad. I just think there are priorities also.

Majax, true, I posted about the thousands of Canuck volunteers who went down to Florida to help with the disaster response team immediately after the hurricanes. 911 as well.

Dead Sled
12-30-04, 03:03 AM
I do feel bad for them but the world needs to quit sucking on our nipple

majax
12-30-04, 03:30 AM
I do feel bad for them but the world needs to quit sucking on our nipple

Well its a big nipple and they like it!

NORTHAMERICANS UNITE and donate yes the mexicans to ;)

Andrew60SP
12-30-04, 04:49 AM
Dead Slead: 2-3000 Americans are missing as well, so your government's donation will also help your own people.

Why can't China help out? They have a huge population, and they are close by? India? I hope they are helping.

I'm pretty sure India has their hands tied. They lost 12,500 to the disaster and rising.

China has donated money and aid materials. Heck, 50-60 nations have donated in some way.

One third of the dead are children. 5 million are without food and clean water. The magnitude of the quake caused the earth to tilt on its axis. I don't think any country could face this alone.

tru504187211
12-30-04, 09:03 AM
114k... :(

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041230/ap_on_re_as/tsunami

Ralph
12-30-04, 01:49 PM
China has donated money and aid materials. Heck, 50-60 nations have donated in some way.

One third of the dead are children. 5 million are without food and clean water. The magnitude of the quake caused the earth to tilt on its axis. I don't think any country could face this alone.

I'm really suprised that Canada MATCHED the U.S. contribution of 40 million! I guess the goal was to match them. I don't know if we've ever given that much before for anything?

I just hope that the aide gets to the people who need it most, and quickly! Supposedly many people can survive 9 days without food or water, many cannot.

I just hope NA would receive help like this if something happened here.

That little blonde 2 year old boy will become the "poster child" for this whole terrible mess IMO. No one knew who his parents were, if they survived, or what happened to them. A native woman was taking care of him and I THINK they found the father.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/12/30/tsunami-041230.html

onbagz2002
12-30-04, 03:33 PM
Someone PM sal *cough*Onbagz2002*cough*
I did........ :coolgleam

majax
12-30-04, 10:27 PM
Watch Good Morning America/Canada Ralph ;) the boy is reunited with his father. Swedish.

RBraczyk
12-30-04, 10:41 PM
Yea its starting to hit a little harder now. But keep this in mind, the now 118k deaths are going to mount due to diseases like gangrene, cholera and all those other fun things. Hopefully Bush will give more.

SHERIFF
12-30-04, 11:32 PM
I have today developed a very serious concern with donating anything..... after you view the link below YOU might too! Notice the guy standing in the background and what is on his t-shirt. These are people who would rather cut our throats than give us the time of the day? :madtalkin :madtalkin :madtalkin

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=51896117&cdi=0

http://tinypic.com/14ryq0

RBraczyk
12-30-04, 11:47 PM
Its a tragedy and its not funding terrorism, so let it go.

majax
12-30-04, 11:48 PM
*sigh* Are they all like that?

Ralph
12-31-04, 02:03 AM
Watch Good Morning America/Canada Ralph ;) the boy is reunited with his father. Swedish.

I also heard from my buddy that the Thailand princess was taking care of him or something? The mother drowned unfortunately.

SHERIFF: you need to see the thread on this subject in the CI forum.

Sandy
12-31-04, 10:00 AM
Two jumbo jets were sent to Sri Lanka from Israel. On board were a team of doctors & nurses, along with tents, stretchers, 1,000 gallons of fresh water, medical equipment, vaccines, blankets & clothing among other items. The heavily moslum poaulation refused to allow the plane to land, and released the statment saying that they would accept nothing from those evil Jews and they could take their infected water, killer doctors and typhoid infected food & water back. The plane turned around and went home. Later, they said that they'd "accept" {Thank You} the medicine. Israel turned the plane around again and took back the medicine. An unidentified moslom woman said that she heard that other Mosloms were going to say that the people were ill, but IF they later died, they say that the medicine from Israel was pre-poisoned, and THAT is what is causing the deaths, of those who should have lived, had the damn-Jew-medicine NOT be pre-poisoned. She was angry about that, and wanted to expose what many were planning on doing.
My money (aka "donations") are staying right here, in America, Sorry.

Dead Sled
12-31-04, 02:14 PM
Its a tragedy and its not funding terrorism, so let it go.

ok so it no funding terrorisim, it funding those who support terrorisim

onbagz2002
12-31-04, 03:56 PM
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/5136/signthreadsucks5lw.gif