: Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS

grullon10
01-20-13, 02:31 PM
I do not know if you guys have the issued that I have my dts has over 200k and got the code p0411 six mth ago. Change the smog pump the check valve the relay check for leaks.did not any no where. I have spend more than $300 trying to find the fix. Any one has a ideal what it could be. Ps I have a friend with the same problem he also did the same thing I did to try to fix it with no lk.

Ranger
01-20-13, 03:09 PM
Help us help you and always post the code definitions along with the codes. No one has them memorized.

grullon10
01-20-13, 04:08 PM
P0411 is air injection incorrect flow. I had done everything to fix it.

Ranger
01-20-13, 09:14 PM
I'm not familiar with the '06 DTS. Does it have 2 check valves like it's predecessors?

Disregard. Just looked it up and apparently there is only one. I wonder if it somehow is stuck open? If it is, I would expect hose #6 & 9 to be hot.

http://www.genmotorinfo.com/images/03/050720GM03-085.png

grullon10
01-20-13, 11:38 PM
I change the valve the next thing I'm going to do is going to replace both line 6 and 9 . I do not what to keep replacing part that re good. They are not cheap not even on ebay.

Ranger
01-21-13, 11:34 AM
I can't see where replacing those hoses will help any.

grullon10
01-21-13, 07:29 PM
If I am not able to find out what is wrong I'm going to trade in. I'm not getting another cadi.

Manic Mechanic
01-22-13, 08:02 AM
Get a Lexus, it's going to cost a customer friend $2,300 in parts and 3+ hours labor to replace his AIR pump and valve block under the intake manifold of his wife's V8 luxury SUV at 85K. Any V8 Toyota uses the same set up and they go through so many all dealers keep them on the shelf. Be careful what you ask for.

Grullon, I have to ask since you didn't state it, is your AIR pump even working at over 200K? As a professional who works on these a lot I seriously doubt it. If the pump, #10 in the diagram above, located in the LH front fender behind the headlamp and ahead of the tire, doesn't spool up and hum for a a minute or so on every cold start it's probably worn out and non-functional. Even if it does chances are that it is no longer sealed from plenum to check valve. Mine was broken at 130K and I picked up another at Pick-A-Part self serve auto salvage for $15. That's one thing Cadillac has going for it, cheap accessible parts.

If it is and you actually have done everything to fix and diag this problem then I would suspect the AIR injection manifold and or ports in the exhaust side of the cylinder heads are carbon locked. The pump, hoses, and valves can supply air to the head but it carbon has built up to the point it blocks or restricts the passages in the head it won't effect the O2 sensor reading due to no flow. On this engine and chassis, it is a major repair. The manifolds would have to come off and the carbon be physically removed. You could try to push compressed air in down stream of the check valve and see if it meets resistance to check. If it's clogged up and has 200K on it then I might retire it myself.

Vernon

stoveguyy
01-22-13, 10:47 AM
Dayum! 200k on an 06? Get rid of that pig.

grullon10
01-23-13, 08:01 AM
I already push conpressed air though the valve port and it did not work . I tested the system with the gm scanner we turn the pump on and there was a change on o2 reading when it was on. And one more thing I buy american. If I don't buy another caddy I'm getting a lincoln.

stoveguyy
01-23-13, 08:28 AM
well, any other car with lower miles will probably have fewer issues. are you going to buy a new lincoln? i would like a new linc. heck, i would like any NEW car. but i dont really want to pay for a NEW car.

Ranger
01-23-13, 11:20 AM
And one more thing I buy american.
:worship:

grullon10
01-23-13, 03:44 PM
No I'm in the livery service in new york that's why my car has that many miles. In this type of jobs I have learn that buy a new car it not woth it . On any car that put livery plate on lose it value a lot faster than any other car.

Submariner409
01-24-13, 06:39 PM
You would be far better off with a Ford Panther vehicle - Crown Vic or Town Car.

grullon10
01-25-13, 12:50 AM
They don't make them any more. I had 4 town cars before I got my dts. Now I understand why they use those type of cars.

Submariner409
01-25-13, 12:03 PM
There are some really nice used examples on Ford/Lincoln dealer lots over in Annapolis. A friend has a 2008 Town Car - bought it used a year ago - and you cannot tell it from a new car. Mint, and not expensive - from the Ford dealer. He says he averages 18 - 20 mpg suburban.

grullon10
01-26-13, 01:17 AM
Here in new york they are over price. I may have to take a trip down to viginia or maryland.

vincentm
01-29-13, 02:24 PM
And one more thing I buy american.

:-):thumbup:

grullon10
03-13-13, 12:42 PM
over the weekend the exhaust manifold was removed and it was notice that the channel that bring the fresh air into the head were clog with carbon. We put in a new one that I got in ebay at a great price. Also if any of you have taken a parts the head agaist the fire wall you could see where the exhaust gase come out there are holle that bring air in we try to clean it but it could be tdone with out removing the head. At this point it has cost me around $500 but if the head is to be remove it going to cost me a lot because we have to change all the time component. Wish me lk.

Manic Mechanic
03-13-13, 01:06 PM
Those are the passages and holes I mentioned to you in my earlier answer. If they get clogged nothing you do to the external AIR plumbing will help and you have to pull manifolds. I can tell you that you or your mechanic should be able to clear the holes with the heads on. They are short (about 2" or less) and strait to the backside of the exhaust valves so clearing them should only require some sharp pics, drills bits, carb cleaner, and elbow grease.

Vernon

grullon10
03-13-13, 10:53 PM
Thats what we are going to do this weekend. The other good thing of what we did is that I fits the timming chain that is was going bad.

grullon10
03-17-13, 06:02 PM
Finally fits the problem is the small holes on the head by the exhaust manifold they get totaly clog get get clean you have to remove the exhaust. Loose the rack and when you get to the head clead those holes with a small drill tip or small flat head screwdriver my was so bad that we could not get the screw driver in with a lot of work we got it clean it working find now.

grullon10
03-18-13, 05:33 PM
Thanks manic mechanic you where right they were complete clog.

Manic Mechanic
03-18-13, 10:07 PM
Hey you're welcome but you deserve the credit for not giving up, digging deep and seeing it through. Now you can enjoy your Cadillac for many more miles.

Vernon