: Ice Inside The Windshield

300:29:1
01-18-13, 11:00 PM
I came to car after work tonight to find the inside of the windshield covered in a thin layer of ice. There was no frost on any of the exterior windows. It seemed odd to me to have this happen, and I can't remember this happening on any other car. Is this just something that happens, or is there an underlying problem?
Also I'm wondering about the auto setting on the climate control. I had it on auto, and pressed the front def button. It still showed auto and front defrost on the display. Adjusting the blower speed takes it out of auto. I thought auto meant all aspects are controlled by the system. Can someone explain how this works?

rodnok01
01-18-13, 11:14 PM
Moisture on the inside of the window causes it, not unheard of on other vehicles by any means.

dkozloski
01-18-13, 11:27 PM
Get in the car repeatadly with snow on your shoes. It melts and soaks up the carpet. The car cools off, the moisture condenses on the windshield, and it freezes into ice. It helps to leave the windows open if you park in a heated garage.

TheCaptain
01-19-13, 10:21 AM
Also, the HVAC has three controls. Auto (button) takes over auto for all three, fan, temp, and direction. You can override any control into manual by pushing the appropriate button, and the other two settings will stay on auto until overridden manually or everything is set back to auto with the main Auto button.
(so you could have fan speed and direction in manual and temp still in auto)

300:29:1
01-19-13, 11:29 AM
Also, the HVAC has three controls. Auto (button) takes over auto for all three, fan, temp, and direction. You can override any control into manual by pushing the appropriate button, and the other two settings will stay on auto until overridden manually or everything is set back to auto with the main Auto button.
(so you could have fan speed and direction in manual and temp still in auto)

Thanks Captain.